February 27, 2015 | 1061 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2015 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Neema

I have been trying this out the last couple days with my sample size baggie for I needed to order some before buying a large jar!

At first I thought I was a sleek charteux but now Im thinking I might be close to the inquisitive mau. Anywho, so far this foundation is ok. It really doesnt offer any coverage for me even after I layer and layer and layer it just doesnt want to cover anything on my face. Its very sheer,light coverage at best. My skin also feels slightly scratched after application, maybe the particles arent fine enough for my skin?

Im thinking about ordering the flawless feline since it has boron nitride in it the coverage will be heavier and also the powder itself should feel smoother, Im just stumped as to if I want to take the risk or not and try it out since you have to order a minimum of 10 dollars worth plus shipping with samples Im not too sure if I want to waste another 15 bucks on samples or just wing it and order the full size.

Also, id just like to add that their customer service is lacking. Any time I have asked a question about their products the reply from them is always just that I need to "try a sample because we do not accept returns" it gets annoying when I just have a simple question and they refuse to answer. I know I can try samples, Im asking so that I dont have to order more!! UGH! lol

Pros
-so many colors to choose from
-ordering is easy
-takes away shine/stays matte all day
-doesnt get splotchy

cons
-feels drying at first
-skin feels slightly scratchy on application at first
-have to order $10 minimum in samples (makes sampling expensive)
-shipping took FOREVER. From submitting my order to receiving it in the mail it took WEEKS.
-customer service is lacking-questions never get answered

Overall: Thinking about ordering the flawless feline formula instead...but Im just not too sure yet. The pampered puss is ok (I would not purchase full size) it would make a better setting powder than a foundation IMO and I am looking for a medium-full coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2015 3:30:00 PM More reviews by drthomas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate the ridiculous product names! For example:

Neutral beige color shades are: Bengal, Siamese, Ocicat Mau
Now, combine it with one of 6 color depths: Frisky, Sleek, Fierce, Slinky, independent, and Inquisitive.

Are you a Frisky Bengal or a Frisky Siamese, or a Slinky Ocicat Mau? What's the difference? When comparing colors, can you remember the names of specific colors?

Instead of being cute, other brands use sensible numbering that allows you to infer the differences, like 1 is lighter than 10. Or recognizable shades, like Ivory and Sand.

I wanted to try Meow products, but I became so irritated and frustrated that I gave up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral foundation I've tried. Yes, both Lucy and Ocean Mist have much higher coverage, but the trade off is very thick, patchy, reptile-looking skin. Pampered Puss is light to light/medium coverage, but it is finely milled and perfectly spreads over the skin like a delicate fog. This is the BIGGEST difference between Meow Pampered Puss vs Lucy and Ocean Mist. I've applied all of these foundations with my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, and the Lucy and Ocean are VERY difficult to spread around the skin; they just sort of stay where they're at, in thick patches.

Anyway, when I wear this foundation my boyfriend ALWAYS tells me that my face looks AIRBRUSHED! Without makeup I have very red skin with HUGE pores and blackheads and acne scarring, but no acne. This foundation lasts all day, my sunglasses don't rub it off, and I have to wear a face shield at work, and this is the only foundation that doesn't rub off on my forehead from taking my face shield off and putting it back on all day.

Other than the lasting power, the best thing about this foundation is that it is undetectable. I've never had a foundation like that, and I've been using Mac Face & Body and Make Up For Ever Face and Body when I don't have time to apply the Meow, and they look SO obvious and cakey compared to Meow! And they rub off so easily! And they get greasy!

The only con is that it takes more time to put this foundation on, but it's totally worth it, because I NEVER have to do touch-ups! First I put on Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and let it sink in for 5 to 10 minutes then I use my Shiseido brush to stipple on, then brush on the Meow (I don't find it necessary to buff it in). I use a thin layer at a time, letting each layer sit for a minute before I put on the next layer. In minutes, the foundation will melt into your skin, so it might look too powdery and white at first! I would recommend putting it on BEFORE you put on your clothes, because it's so fine you'll get powdery dust everywhere!

Finding your shade can be a head-spinning experience, but if you have a difficult undertone, or are very pale, I think you will appreciate the multitude of color options that Meow offers. If I walk into Sephora I can only match to Nars Siberia and even that is slightly too dark/yellow. I'm translucent and slightly yellow with a very pink face. I wear Sleek Manx in Meow Pampered Puss, and can also wear Inquisitive Korat and Inquisitive Abyssinian.

On a side note, Meow's blushes are the best I've ever tried. They make my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush look flat and dull! Imagine the beautiful dimensional sheerness of Benefit's boxed powders, but more creamy, less expensive, more product, and in 100 more colors and several finishes!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

I have officially fallen in love with this product. I wear it with Murad SPF 15 Mattifier, and either Mac Prep & Prime or Meow Cosmetics Finishing Powder in Oily Skin.

My color is Naughty Abyssinian. It's a great match for me. I don't know my foundation color, but my neck is a very warm light toned yellow, and Naughty Abyssinian transforms my super pale pink face into my neck color. It looks very dark in the jar, but I find that these powders tend to run light. For reference, Bare Minerals Golden Fair is too light for me. (Sorry, does that help?)

It's been really frustrating to find my color, as so many foundations out there are pink. I have worn Missha BB Cream in No. 21, and liked the shade but god it makes me so pink and grey. Now I can just layer Meow Cosmetics over all the products that normally make me pink! I am really thrilled with the color match. So I was dreading the wear time, as I am very oily, but... let's just go through all the pros.

PROS: Great color match!
- Great wear time. I'm only a bit shiny after 8 hours, and only in my t-zone. This even beats Rimmel Stay Matte in terms of wear
- Doesn't emphasize the dryness on my nose. Doesn't cling too much to dry flakes
- Large lid is great for swirling my Ecotools powder brush

CONS:
- a bit expensive, but still not at high-end prices
- The plastic jar is annoying to close. It's a screw top, but the plastic squeaks. Also, the powder is packed in so tightly at first. I taped half the holes, and just carried it around in my purse for one day to loosen it up. Seems to work
- It takes forever to ship to me. 10 whole days. I know, I'm dramatic
- Coverage is not the best... I will use Rimmel Stay Matte underneath when I want more coverage. But then again, my skin has only been bad recently. I hope to get it back to normal soon

Overall, I love the product and will definitely buy again when I run out. I will also try to post swatches up later, because this line doesn't have enough swatches!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meow Cosmetics claims "Pampered Puss has the same coverage, texture and feel of our original Purrr-fect Puss, but it's formulation has been completely redesigned with the most delicate and irritation prone skin in mind."

I enjoyed Purrr-fect Puss (their lowest coverage formula), but wanted something with heavier coverage for bad skin days so I tried a sample of this. It has medium coverage, layerable for more (although not buildable to the same level as their Flawless/heavy coverage formula), however it does not feel quite the same on my skin as their Purrr-fect Puss formula does.

I have dehydrated-to-normal skin, and I find Pampered Puss more drying than the Purrr-fect formula, and it also doesn't quite meld with my skin the same way. I can feel this formula sitting on my face.

This isn't a bad option by any means if you're looking for a layerable powder foundation with medium coverage, but in my opinion it doesn't meet the expectations set forth by the product description. It may also be better suited to normal-to-oily skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by 12catcrazy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Me - 57 years old, rosacea, "fine" lines (look like wrinkles to me), breakouts, broken veins, dry, sensitive skin. I need coverage, yet so many products break me out.

I've been using mineral makeup for pretty close to 9 years and have tried so many. Monave was my HG for many years and I've been recently using Sterling Minerals delicate foundation, which I like, but is expensive (and I use ALOT of the stuff). So I decided to re-try Meow after first trying it years ago.

I ordered samples in 6 colors and most would have worked. The Meow site promises that Pampered Puss is for sensitive skin and offers "buildable coverage", and boy, did that sound good!

Unfortunately, for me, there was very little coverage, buildable or otherwise with this foundation. I tried it dry and I tried it wet - nada. Looked almost as if there was nothing on my skin, which was okay on my forehead, which looks like normal skin, but not for the rest of my face.

This is a very nice makeup if you have average skin which needs some evening out or if you have a couple of blemishes which can be spot concealed. In that case, Meow Pampered Puss will make you look as if you have perfect skin without looking like makeup and I'd say to give it a try (the samples are cheap enough). If you need something heavier duty, pass this one up.

I'm giving it 3 lippies because it's price is great and if your skin is fairly decent, you'll probably like it alot. It also comes in something like 80 shades from very pale to dark, so you'll probably also find a match. This company also makes some really nice blushes and eye shadows in a gazillion colors so the website is worth looking at. I just wished this foundation had worked out better for me. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really sad that this product didn't work for me. I'm a fan of Lucy Minerals but Meow seems to have a bit better deal when it come to international shipping, so I gave it a try. I ordered a ton of samples, a few other goodies. I also ordered one of the heavy coverage formulas, Flawless Feline.
Pampered Puss, to me, had about the same coverage as a cheap pressed powder, no matter how many layers I did. It also gave me the itchies (somewhat common with some mineral foundations). Of the 9 samples I ordered, I didn't find one that was a good match. The powders tended to a lot lighter than I expected. To give reference, I tend to be the second lightest colour in many makeup lines for powders and liquid foundations.
In my husbands words, when I wore Meow, he said he could tell I was wearing makeup but when I wear Lucy, he doesn't think I'm wearing makeup. FYI In Lucy Minerals I'm a Light Medium.
Back to Lucy I go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

BEFORE: to prime my skin, I use Face of Australia tinted moisturiser in medium (light coverage with SPF 15+), and if I'm aiming for full coverage which looks airbrushed but not heavy/cakey, I will dot Cinema Secrets corrector on the problem areas & buff it in with the tinted moisturiser using the good old Sigma F80. I then blot around my eyes to prevent creasing.

CONSISTENCY: absolutely no idea what planet the reviewers who say the formulation is glittery are from, but this is matte with no glitter and has been for the 12 months I've been buying it. I prefer some 'glow' in my foundation, so I add Meow's Crystalline Cat Glow Powder which provides a pearlescent sheen (I have also reviewed this & awarded it HG status).

APPLICATION METHOD: I lightly apply the Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation around my eyes first, and then gently buff using the Body Shop Face & Body Brush. Repeat over the rest of my face.

AFTER: I apply bronzer, blush & highlighter then buff everything to gorgeous, airbrushed perfection with the Body Shop Brush mentioned above. Topped off my a light misting of Skindinavia Bridal Formula setting spray, or NYX Dewy Finish setting spray.

COLOUR MATCH? As other reviewers have mentioned, there are so many shades/formulations it's almost impossible to choose. I made great use of the $1 samples & I mix my own shades now which is great for when the seasons change my skin tone from pasty to tanned. Frisky Manx (frisky = light, Manx = yellow/peach) is a good NC15/20 match & the predominant shade I use when mixing my winter base.

ALSO: when I first experimented with Meow Mineral Foundation I tried the 'Flawless' (heavy coverage) formulation first because my skin tone is uneven with some acne scarring. While I want my skin to look flawless, I found the formulation to be too heavy. I've now switched to 'Pampered' (medium/buildable coverage) which is just right. Maybe one day I'll try the 'Purrr-fect' (light/medium) range..

RE-PURCHASE? I already have, many times! Postage to Australia is very reasonable and the longest it has taken to arrive is 5 weeks, and the quickest is 2 weeks.

OVERALL: I've had almost zero breakouts since switching to Meow Mineral Foundation (now it's only the odd monthly blemish). Much as I love Kevyn Aucoin SSX, the main ingredient is petrolatum which equals Cloggy McCloggington and resulted in awful cystic acne which scars horribly on my skin type. Since discovering MakeupAlley 2 years ago, I've become more adventurous in trying new (cruelty-free!) products & will probably keep trying other foundations etc because why not? But I think this will remain an HG for me regardless.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jcbalint

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon Meow cosmetics by chance, so long ago that I don't remember where.
But I have gone through at least half a dozen (full/large) jars of their foundation in that time, and would hereby like to make sure such a great company & products gets their praise for their great product & innovation (in colours & tones & undertones) which is so unlike any other mineral foundation company.

Also (through my belated reviews) I want to say thank you to all MakeupAlley members for their reviews, which have saved me (and others) so much money over the years by sorting out the "Stars" from the "Duds" out there. It is through our reviews that great companies & products & innovation are supported - as they should be - and duds are consigned to the trash.

Meow was great with their advice & samples, as an NC20, I ended up a "3-Naughty Manx".
I ordered both the Full coverage (Flawless Feline) and the Medium (Pampered Puss). Both are matte and do not contain nanoparticles. The full coverage version did not agree with my skin (felt heavy and itchy by the end of the day), although it produced a truly flawless/airbrushed finish. The medium coverage is what I've been using ever since. It is buildable into more coverage, as long as skin is moisturised & properly primed beforehand (just give it a few minutes between applications).

As long as you can persevere in finding the right colour (and I doubt there is a person out there for whom they cannot match a foundation colour), I think there is little to complain about. There is no shine/mica, it is long lasting, did not break me out or get itchy, and did not change colour or texture throughout the day (and we have some hot & humid summers here in Australia). Even their jars are huge and good value compared to many other mineral foundation companies.

Meow regularly runs Specials (Mother's Day, Christmas, Easter, LOL! any excuse, really!) for existing customers & and as an international customer I stock up during those times, as shipping charges are greatly reduced during such promotions.

Negatives? Absolutely none. I'm a customer for life!
Many thanks & keep up the great work!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After many (many) trials with various mineral foundations, I bought this online and had zero hope that the color or formulation would work for me. I am happy to report that I am no longer a cynic. The color match is perfect. The coverage is perfect. I do not itch or break out from this, to the contrary, my skin is clearer then it has ever been while using a foundation. It takes hours and hours before I have any oil break through. It does not settle into fine lines or pores. REALLY well done Meow Cosmetics. I am a fan for life.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No