April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After many (many) trials with various mineral foundations, I bought this online and had zero hope that the color or formulation would work for me. I am happy to report that I am no longer a cynic. The color match is perfect. The coverage is perfect. I do not itch or break out from this, to the contrary, my skin is clearer then it has ever been while using a foundation. It takes hours and hours before I have any oil break through. It does not settle into fine lines or pores. REALLY well done Meow Cosmetics. I am a fan for life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I wasn't too impressed but I've grown to like this. I used Everyday Minerals (EDM) for years but decided to switch to this because I was having such a hard time finding a good color match with EDM.

I took a few photos of myself and emailed them to their color help team. They recommended Siamese, Korat, and Abyssinian in the 0 and 1 depth (they thought 2 would be a little to dark). I couldn't bring myself to spend a minimum order of $10 plus $4.35 shipping for samples, so I found someone to swap with me. Abyssinian is ridiculously light/white but Siamese and Korat are both good and very true to the description given on the website. I am right in between Sleek (1 depth) and Frisky (2 depth) in Korat (golden beige) but I anyway went with Frisky Korat because I wear a lot of physical sunscreen which turns me white.

I mix a small amount of this foundation with my Shiseido sunscreen and it takes a way a bit of that white cast. Then I take a brush and go over my whole face after my sunscreen sets. It adds just a bit of color and warmth back to my face. This foundation leaves no visible sparkle.

PROS: awesome range of colors, wonderfully natural finish, no shiny skin after hours of wear, reasonably priced for full sizes
CONS: expensive samples, slow shipping, no returns on purchases

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited for this product and was ready to love it. I have it in Sphynx, and I loved that they had a shade light enough for me! Right after application, I love it and think it looks perfect, but a couple hours later, the color's different, it has a different feel and I can't wait to get it off. I'm not particularly oily and I've tried using different toners, primers, and going bare underneath this foundation, but it's always the same: it looks terrible after a couple hours of wear. I also bought their finishing powder, hoping that'd make a difference, but it definitely doesn't. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lizbobiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

PRODUCT: Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation Samples in Various Shades/Undertones

OVERALL RATING: 9/10

Pampered Puss is the Medium/Heavy Coverage Mineral Foundation offered by Meow Cosmetics. I ordered samples (1/4 tsp.) of this product in the following undertones and shades:

- Siamese (neutral undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Chausie (cool pink undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Bengal (cool beige undertone) in 0-Inquisitive (lightest shade)
- Bengal (cool beige undertone) in 1-Inquisitive (very light shade)
- Snow Lynx (white, no undertones)

PROS:

- SHADE/UNDERTONE VARIETY (10/10): An amazing array of both undertones and shades! Fourteen undertones are offered, each in seven different shades (not including the Snow Lynx foundation, which is pure white without undertones, and comes in one shade). I am extremely fair, and am often a lighter shade than what is offered in drugstore brands; I was very pleased with the wide range of shades and undertones! I found a foundation that is not only white enough for me, but didn't seem to yellow or pink on my skin!

- COVERAGE (8/10): I really liked the coverage! It was easy to apply a thin layer for light coverage and build in the areas where I needed more. The product didn't build too quickly either, and it was easy to avoid overapplication. However, what was even more exciting to me was that the product didn't appear to sit on top of my skin. When I looked at my skin closely in the mirror, it was hard to tell that I had applied foundation, even in the areas of heavy coverage; it didn't mask my skin at all and had a really natural look to it. It did take a little long to build up heavier coverage, but I would much rather have the foundation build slowly than too quickly.

- PACKAGING (9/10): The packaging was very cute! Each 1/4 tsp. sample came in a little re-sealable plastic bag with a homemade label, all of which were wrapped together in leopard-print tissue paper. Also, a personal thank you was handwritten on the receipt, with my name and everything! The company is obviously an independent one, and the fact that they took the time to personally thank me for ordering was a really nice touch.

- PRICE (8.5/10): I was very pleased with the price! I expected an indie company to charge more, but the samples were only $1.00 each! Not only that, but they had a special shipment price of $8.00 for an order of all samples (to Canada)! Besides the samples, the foundations come in two sizes, the Munchkin size (6-8 grams of product) and Full size (22-30 grams of product), which are $14.75 and $25.45 respectively. I typically spend this much or more on foundation, so I think this is a great deal, and I will be ordering a full size and doing a review on that soon!

- INTERACTION WITH SKIN (9/10): The product didn't break me out or clog my pores at all! Not only that, but it felt very nice and light on my skin.

- DURABILITY (9/1)): The product lasted throughout the day (about ten hours) without looking "melty", without reapplication! I use a primer under my foundation, which definitely helps my makeup to stay in place; however, even with a primer, many foundations will start to look gross 6-8 hours after application as I sweat, as if it's sitting on top of the grease on my skin (you know, when you talk on your phone and get a nice big streak of melted foundation on your screen). I really liked how the product stayed where it was supposed to and kept its matte finish.

- INGREDIENTS (10/10): I don't usually pay a ton of attention to the ingredients in makeup, but I thought it was notable that the foundation only had four ingredients (Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides). The foundation didn't clog my pores or break me out, and felt really nice and light on my skin, so I assumed the product's short list of ingredients and lack of perfume had a lot to do with it!

- FREE EXTRAS: I ordered the shades mentioned above, as well as another six foundation samples for my sister, all in the same order. They sent me two free bonus samples, a blush and a bronzer! They weren't exactly my shade, but they suited my sister well, and who doesn't love free stuff!

CONS:

- I know this isn't a true "con", but I typically don't like powder foundation as much as a liquid or mousse. I get dry skin in winter, and powder always tends to look worse on dry skin. However, the product was so great otherwise that I'm willing to deal with the fact that it's a powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Leeso89

LOVE THIS MAKEUP!!! I can't say enough about this brand 1st love how everything is cat themed too cute. 2nd Great coverage I have acne scars so I do use a concealer of a different brand but the overall finish with this foundation on top is flawless. It feels so light weight and you dont have to use much at all. Gives a nice natural looking matte finish. Im on my first munchkin size container which is the size of a reg compact. Ive had it for 3 months and still plenty of product left. Plus I have samples of blush still that where only 1$. I <3 meow cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

First, I don't understand why some people are talking about glitter in the Pampered Puss foundations. :/ Never experienced anything but a matte finish with mine.

I went through SO many samples trying to find my right shade. And this is why Meow is really worth the money --- because they helped me test my assumptions about my skin color. As a pale girl with blue veins, I always assumed I had a cool complexion and needed pink-toned foundations. But then when I bought those, I looked super pink and kind of sickly and they never really matched my neck/body. So with Meow, I went through multiple rounds of sample sending until I realized that I actually prefer more neutral and yellow toned foundations to even out my redness. In pale colors, this is hard to find elsewhere. But in Meow I found that 0-Inquisitive Korat is a close match.

The only downside, as others have mentioned, is the sheerness of Pampered Puss. This is not medium coverage by any means!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by a1103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading many great reviews, I got a bunch of samples in Pampered and Purrfect. The company claims both are matte and "never shiny".

They are full of glitter. The sparkly bits are tiny but they are not subtle and they are not flattering. The few reviews I saw that mentioned glitter said it wasn't visible on the face...yes it is! It's easily visible from 2-3 feet. I even got a few awkward "you're sparkly" comments on the two days I did a full face with it.

Why in the world do they claim their product(s) are matte? Matte is not a confusing term.

To add insult to injury, the coverage is very sheer with both formulas. It disappeared within 3-4 hours. Adding a little extra to get better coverage made it chalky. Glittery chalk, not the look I'm going for.

They do have a great range of colors, the best I've come across. There were three colors that worked for me and that is truly amazing. Unfortunately, that's the only nice thing I can say. They misrepresent the product (intentional or not, it's still not right). The shipping took over two weeks. I've never had anything take so long, even from other countries.

Apologies for such a lengthy, sparkle induced rant. I just wanted to give a heads up so if someone is looking for matte, they won't waste a chunk of change.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Meow Cosmetics! I started out using Flawless Feline (full coverage) and now that my acne has cleared up, I use the Pampered Puss version. It has medium coverage and it's very matte. Stays put and does not settle into creases (like BM did for me). Really, the only downside is finding a perfect shade (they have $1 samples, but it takes like $20 in samples to find yours); the colors vary between the different coverage versions, so I had to start from scratch when I switched. If you can find your shade, you'll probably not look for another MMU again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is only a preliminary review since I just got my jar of Pampered Puss and have only used it for two days - but so far I am really pleased.

Firstly, about me: I have combination skin that is equally likely to be perfectly balanced, greasier than a deep fryer, or extremely parched and dull. I am often, but not always, able to keep this under control with my skin care routine but I like a foundation that can adapt. For the past 3 years I have been using Alima Satin Matte foundation - Neutral 1 was my best match - it is a bit too neutral for me BUT that helped it hide my red cheeks really well. As of my recent review of Alima, I was considering that my HG.

Now to Meow. What a HUGE selection of shades. It was overwhelming, truth be told, but I actually pulled the trigger without sampling foundatons - I had tried the Skinny Dippers and Sunplashers in a number of shades and used those plus the product descriptions to choose Sleek Bengal (cool beige, level 2). I risked getting the (GIANT) 30 gram jar because, well, they were having a really good sale. I swatched as soon as I it got home and knew I had a match as long as this wasn't one of those powders that oxidizes to a darker, or otherwise different, shade. So far, it stays the same from application to removal.

Application: I had to experiment a little on day 1. I found that by applying this dry I could achieve very light to moderate coverage, but anything beyong "light" took a lot of building and the dry application looks more matte than I would like. I also tried this "wet" (spritzed my foundation brush with witch hazel hydrosol before picking up the minerals) and found that it was still easily buildable and I could go as light or as heavy on the coverage as I want. So far, my preference is to apply wet until I get my desired coverage, then brush a little on dry as a finishing powder if I feel I need it. Making sure I moisturize well and doing at least one layer of the wet application I can get the dewy look I like with minimal effort.

For the two days I've worn this so far, it has stayed put through my work shift and looked *almost* freshly applied when I went to remove it - so with no primer and no finishing powder (just a spritz of hydrosol to set) that's about... 10 - 11 hours, though if I were going somewhere besides home after work there were a few spots I felt needed a slight touch up. I did blot about 2/3 of the way through work tonight even though I didn't really need it and about half of the usual amount of oil came off my face - BUT that could be my skin acting balanced and not the m/u.

So far, loving it, but too soon to tell if it will replace Alima as my HG. I'll be back to update!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Ohsoohla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pampered puss is my favourite foundation. I've tried Flawless Feline also but it's a little too heavy.
PP is never cakey, no matter how much I apply. It works great with my oily skin, it's not completely matte and gives a very subtle dewy look which I really like.
I prefer to apply it with my TBS kabuki brush, 1-2 thin layers wet and 1 top layer dry cause applied this way it minimize my pores and last longer.
Lasting power is very good, up to 8 hours.