December 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Cleansers - Kate Somerville - Gentle Daily Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got small size of this when I purchased my Clarisonic Mia 2. I have sensitive skin and worry when I try something new, as it may break me out. But this product didn't and after I finished the sample I ended up buying the full size. I do like using the product with the Mia, but it's a bit pricey even though I don't use it everyday. And although it states you on need a small amount I find you need a tad bit more to get a good clean. I may or may not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by GlitterPumps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrible please don't buy it, I just recently purchased a clarisonic and was given this wash with my purchase I used it for 1 day and the next day my face became swollen and tight later that day my face became itchy and dry, almost like a sunburn. I wish I would have read the reviews on this item prior to purchasing it. Now my skin is flaking and tingling, save your self the trouble because this is the wrist reaction I ever had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I think this is a great facial wash but it's pretty expensive for what it is. It's chemical free and I love that but I have other facial washes that are chemical free and cruelty free that are far cheaper.

Nice wash and smells like lavender but I will not buy it again simply because its way too high for a face wash that is average.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

The sales lady gave me a 5-day sample because I was seeking something sulfate free. Initially, I thought it was fine and purchased an entire bottle. Turns out it is no different than purpose or cetsphil. I have combo, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I needed moisturizer after using and didn't think it so gentle for what I paid for. I am not going to buy this again, but this might work out for someone else.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by snowblossom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow - this certainly isn't for sensitive skin - no way. The day before Valentines day, I used this for the first time and boy was that a mistake!

I feel like I have been badly burnt by the sun, the skin around my mouth is now dry and cracking, my neck is covered in what looks like a bad shaving rash together with pustules. It still stings, it is still red and swollen over a day and a half later! Even anti histamine hasn't dented this reaction. I have had reactions before to skin products but never like this. No fun for valentines date night at all because I can't put anything on my skin because of the discomfort.

I love Kate's goat cream but this is just a big no no for sensitive skin - so no, I don't recommend this for those with reactive skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by daisyday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit shocked that this carries the 'gentle' label. My skin is combination, but goes through occasional bouts of excessive oil production. This cleanser stripped my skin to the point that it was uncomfortably dry and red (think afternoon at beach without sunblock). And, if you're like me with the random oil issues, you know that stripping the skin that severely will just exacerbate the oil problem. So, my uncomfortably dry skin and I will not continue to use. As a side note, the smell (lavender-ish) was a little off putting. I don't really like my face care items to be quite so strongly fragranced.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by dh494

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Considering how difficult it is to find a good basic cleanser these days, I'm hesitant to criticize this one too much. This is a nice basic gel which removes makeup and sunblock really well but is drying in the winter. Not to the point of peeling skin but it definitely causes tightness. It has a nice lavender scent which relaxes me after work. The tube is inconvenient in the bathroom, but ironically travels better than a pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by miaandren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to love this products but I can´t!
My skin has been breaking out in red spots that looks like acne after only 1 day off using this product.
I´ve never had this problem with my dermalogica products but I´ve heard so much nice things about Kate´s products I wanted to try something new.
I really hope my skin will get back to normal asap because I feel embarresed of how I look now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jwil16

Nice cleanser. Ive used it for a little while. I love how the gel is so concentrated and the fact that it is sulfate free yest lathers incredibly well is awesome! It gets skin reallllly clean. It's basically a no frills gel cleanser for all skin types but especially those who are prone to dryness as this doesn't have sulfates. I never experienced any of the reactions people talk about and I'm pretty sensitive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yikes! Yesterday I got one the free facials that they offer at the KS counter. I bought the entire set.
Went home, rinsed with this cleanser. The next morning, my entire face was red and was covered with bumps. They are very small but my entire face is covered...Sexy!!
Not totally sure that this product is the culprit but it was something from her line up.
I looked to the ingredients and see that she uses a form Sodium Sulfate as the second ingredient. They have used the technical chemical chain name (Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate) so the consumer would not recognize it as a form of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. There are actually 150 names for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
In concentations of 2% to 5% it can cause allergic or sensitive reactions to lots of people (Sources: European Journal of Dermatology, September-October 2001, pages 416–419; American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, March 2001, pages 28–32)
This stuff is used in many household products such as. Turtle Car Wax, Vanish Toilet Bowl cleaner, and Clorox. It's used because it's an inexpensive surfectant.(Sources: Household Products Database)
Surprising from a line that is so highly revered by the "Hollywood Stars."
This all a reminder to me that while searching for the fountain of youth...don't forget to read the labels.