Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor -- Rare Ruby

Price: $

on 12/28/2007 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So, I actually bought this product in Windsor Rose, but this is the only place for it at all. Now, in the tube this looks like a nice medium rose color, but on my lips it seems like a strange brightish pink. It's also not very long lasting, it very slippery and comes right off the moment your lips touch anything.

on 2/13/2007 4:55:00 PM

I got this marked down 75% at CVS and in conjunction with their club card made it free. What can I say? I could never turn down a bargain. I picked this color hoping to wean myself off sheer glossy tints and what better way to do it than getting the darkest color in the display??? Right??? Maybe not...

Ditto to the previous reviewer's comment of very-nearly-a gloss consistency. But I expect and forgive that from a moisturizing formula.

The COLOR, however is a different story. In the tube, the color looked a deep metallic garnet (dark, cool-toned red), but on my lips more a purplish, plummy tone developed. Dark. Dramatic. Unexpected... but I LIKED it! Though not exactly suitable for daytime. Moreso for a dressy event, but with this slippery formula, you'd be checking your lipstick for smudging all night long!

So overall, a mixed experience, liked the color but not the formula. Won't repurchase.

on 12/25/2006 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This looked like a metallic garnet in the tube, but went on as a super-glossy sheer burgundy. It's just a click away from being a gloss.

Popular Lipsticks