August 30, 2014 | 1200 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Cheek Colour Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lalila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a travel size version of this brush that was part of a kit, but to be true, never used it. I used the other brushes that were in the kit, a double-ended brush ponytail and something else, but just hated it: it was one of the scratchiest brush I owned. So I didn't bother try the blush brush and as a result it was laying somewhere in a drawer. Lately, I found the brush used it and was quite impressed. This brush is really great, it is soft and performs very well. I love the fact that the ferrule is pinched so that it is almost flat and make application pretty precise.
I would not necessarily buy it again since I own plenty of brushes but overall, it is a good brush to have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You would think this would be my favorite brush, given that it's the softest brush I own. Seriously, I don't know what it's made of, all I know is that I love feeling it on my skin it is so incredibly soft! Too soft. I find it really isn't stiff enough to "pat on" blush. Because it's so soft it doesn't hold its shape that well. When I try the pat on method my blush comes out splotchy. I reach for my RT blush brush instead to apply blush. Because it's so expensive, I had to find a use for it, so I am currently use it to set my concealer under my eyes and on my face with MUFE HD finishing powder. Even then it's a little too soft for that but it'll do for now. I didn't think there was such a thing as a brush that was too soft but apparently there is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the hair is super soft, it is one of the softest natural bristle brush i own, similar softness to my paula dorf cheek brush that i love. i love using this brush to set my foundation just in the center of my face and for blush. i got the short travel size one in one of the laura mercier holiday kit and i love to travel with it. the logo is rubbing off after 2 years of owning it. i would definitely buy a full size handled one if this was gone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by louy

Overall: Not worth the money; product lacks quality

-The brush is very soft and allows for soft application of blush.

-The top part came off from the handle only after 3 months!

-For me I find that I reach for my MAC blush brush way more than this one.

Sad I paid the money I did for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier makes high-quality makeup brushes. I really like this one. Its great for precise application. You pick up the product on both sides and apply with the sides instead of the tip. I find the amount of product the brush picks up is the perfect amount so its great for controlling the amount applied. I think you have to get use to using the sides b/c most people use the tip of the brush. It didn't get a 5 b/c I find it does lose its shape after a while and I think its b/c the bristles are too soft. But the softness feels luxurious on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Marciaferrell

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this brush would be great from some of the reviews. I hate it. At first it seemed okay but within the second week of using it the brush lost its shape. I tried cleaning to reset the bristles, thinking that would help. It just keeps losing its shape as soon as I started using it again. I do not recommend this brush at all. I pawned it off on my daughter. She doesn't like it either. And the price is crazy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by anniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have owned this brush and used it regularly for probably five years, maybe more, and it's still in amazing shape. Never sheds, and is still as soft and full as the day I got it. I don't use it for blush anymore ever since I bought my MAC 187 about a month ago, which deposits blush in much more sheer layers that you can build up, which makes for a more natural look. It's a great brush, and I will probably never go back to the Laura Mercier brush to apply my blush again - there is simply no brush that can compare to the MAC 187 in terms of blush application. HOWEVER...this was not the end of the road for my Laura Mercier :) I now use it to apply mineral foundation, and it is PERFECT for that purpose. It picks up powder so easily, and just as easily deposits it onto my skin for the natural, creamy look that mineral foundation gives. I got the idea to use it for mineral foundation because it seems like it's a similar size and shape to all of the other brushes out there that are made specifically for mineral make up (e.g. Bare Escentuals, Alima). It feels wonderfully soft and luxurious on my face, and I couldn't be happier with it, and I do not at all feel left out anymore when people rave about how soft the Alima brush is ;) This little gem is serving me very well and I wouldn't trade it for an Alima for anything!

Clarification: My 5 lippy rating is for its use as a brush for mineral powder foundation. As a blush brush, I would rate this as a 3.5. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by honeydew5555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE : Ok after i've practiced with various blushs tehn i've found out it also depends on each the blush you use too so this LM cheek brush is very compatible with high pigment blush like Nars or Shu tehn you can "sculpt" your cheek bone more precisely than other brush that maybe it's too round and large, so if you are the girl who's looking for cheek brush that's controlable to define the color the specific area of your cheek, this is the it because you can use the "pat and blend" method by using this medium head of brush which offer you a controllability
But
this is not for you if you're looking for brush that you can use to contour and blend since it's too flat shape to do so....welll the brush bristles are so soft even i clean it almost everyday so it's superb on this object but well, for this price you can find the same quality brush from RMK or Shu uemura, personally i love the touch and the figure of this cheek brush but honestly, I won't repurchase if i had to buy a new one :D

I had been waiting for so long till i made a decission to buy this cheek brush finally...I expected to have very good high end cheek brush that wiill make a miracle for my cheeks....Maybe it's me who don't know yet how to use it correctly....eventhough the brush hair is very very soft and the shape of handle and bristle are so lovely and look very elegant...but i don't think this one is fool-proof brush that anyone can just sweep on and get that amazing apple cheeks.....now I have to admit that I'm regret i didn't go to try RMK cheek brush before i bought this.....:( i must say when it comes to brush collection, number 1 that I expect it to be the best and willing to invest is the cheek brush....but this is one disappoint me.....well, i'll just keep trying practice....will update later :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 4:03:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Returned the Armani brush and got this one instead. I really like it, everything is perfection. My BA explained the process of LM's brush making, I couldn't remember what she said, but she did mention about a double-braiding process which makes hair stay in place and not shed off. Heck, she said it will last me for at least 10 years, so I gave in. Afterall, it's Nordstrom, they take everything back if anything goes wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Great brush! I love the shape -- it's not a full round brush but rather a flat domed one. You apply blush using a tapping motion, with the brush parallel to your cheekbone, and blend using the flip side. Soft and it's shed exactly one hair in the first two washings, which is typically where shedding will occur the most heavily in my experience.
$45 at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and wherever else you can find LM. continued >>