October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Star Secret Eva Longoria

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by denmel

It looks great against my tan skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I won't lie - I totally tried this lipstick because I love Eva Longoria, lol. I'm a long time Desperate Housewives fan, and I think she's beautiful and fabulous. I have similar coloring being half hispanic. I'm a shade or two lighter than Eva, (mostly because I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, otherwise I'd be darker) and have yellow/olive undertones, and I think this lipstick works well on me. It's a light copper caramel with red and gold shimmer on the lips. It has a hint of rich plum in it. In the tube it looks like a deep brick red with gold shimmer. It's a perfect fall and winter color to warm up your face. I do agree that the formula is a bit dry, however I haven't had it dry out my lips. It just feels a bit dry on the lips a few hours after application. I occasionally use L'Oreal's Le Gloss in "Nude Illusion" over the top and it keeps the lipstick feeling moist. I definitely wouldn't say this is the greatest lipstick in my collection quality wise, but it's a great color. I probably wouldn't purchase again since this one will last me quite some time, because I feel it works best for me in the fall and winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eva's Caramel 836: Appearance in the tube: An absolutely gorgeous browned mauve plum with golden flecks of shimmer.
Looks very dark in the tube but doesn't go on that way. Color on my lips: natural browned berry with some metallic shine. Color is buildable but not as dark as in the tube and sheer without being sheer?
Color is just not opaque and it goes on uneven initally because of the oiliness of this particular color. It went on just like a natural oil lip balm on me! Some are saying this is drying? Do we have the same lipstick?I was confused as to why this one is greasier than any of my other Loreal lipsticks.
It is somewhat metallic without being over the top or fake. I like this color but it is not as dramatically pretty when applied. Somewhat of a disappointment, but very pretty nonetheless. A keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by elpee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this color at a discount makeup store and it was only $3 bucks so I bought it. The color alone is quite pretty on me (I have olive skin and light eyes) but it really comes alive when you pair it with clear pinkish lip gloss. It doesn't have a lot of color so it looks very natural. Good lip stick if you can get it at a discount.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Alhena21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another commenter said this is scary in the packaging and she's right. However, she's also right in that it's not nearly as dark and dramatic on the lip. It's a very pretty pinkish brown. I'm pale w/red hair and this looks great on me in the fall/winter months. It's too "serious" of a lipstick for me in warmer months (mental block?) but I look forward to wearing it when the weather cools.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

i got this lipstick on a discount site, its okay not my favourite, but i tried it as i wanted to get away from my usual pinks & nudes, its more mature looking - i wouldnt wear it everyday but it would be nice for something formal or an interview. wouldnt repurchase but still nice formulation and pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Jasania

I really wanted to like this shade but it just didn't work for me. I like the lipstick itself but I'll have to explore other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I found this to be too brown and dark on my fair yellow undertoned Asian skin. Like most Loreal lipsticks, it was a bit dry. Definately need lipbalm to relieve the dryness and to provide a smooth canvas for the lipcolor.
Will not purchase because I love to try new things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

I have tried a bunch of the lipsticks from this line, and this is probbaly the one I use most often. It looks somewhat scary in the tube, but on the lips it's much more subtle. I use this frequently under gloss. I love it for when I have used self tanner and my lips look washed out. Then it's the perfect MLBB color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I'm an Asian MMM/GGG & I agree w/ previous posters, this isn't that rich caramel-w/-a-lovely-hint-of-warm-red that Eva looks like she's wearing in the ads & displays. This is more like a lightish warm copper on me, nice but not as dark or red as I wanted. Love the feel, smoothness & wear of this lipstick but though I'll wear this, I wouldn't buy this shade again.