November 27, 2014 | 1075 users online

Fragrances - Tocca - Stella EDP

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be way too sweet and heavy - almost cloying. It is a pretty scent but I just don't like smelling it all day long.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ejmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells like good hairspray. Lots of freesia, little bit of musk. Thankfully, it fades to nothing after about 15 minutes. The bottle is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora recently to test Tocca's newest fragrance Simone, which is as lovely as a summer day (see my review). Not having had any previous experience with this line, I tested all the others as well.

I liked several well enough, but then came Stella. She and I hit it off immediately. But I did my due diligence and took a sample vial home to test how the scent might morph and what it's longevity would be like.

It has both a very fresh and a very warm quality at the same time, with a little bit of sweetness thrown in. The blood orange note lasts almost the duration of the scent itself, which is a good long time. It is never overpowering but just delicious through and through. I think this is a scent for day and night, for all seasons, and for any age group.

To me, it is not a common, ho-hum fragrance but unique and just beautiful each time a get a waft of it, which I am able to do for quite a long time after applying.

Gorgeous very classy bottles, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is my second Tocca fragrance and without a doubt this one is a major hit. I'm unable to fully describe the fragrance....all I know is that when I first smelled I knew it had to come home with me. It mends so well on my skin. And as the day goes on the fragrance notes stand out for good. Absolutely love this fragrance and its definitely become my signature scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by rikagoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first learned of this fragrance when a sample was sent to me by Sephora. From the moment I smelled it, I felt like this was the perfume I had been waiting for. After using my trial I quickly purchased a full sized bottle. The blood orange notes hit quickly but the perfume soon develop into the floral notes, with the freesia being the strongest and most noticeable on me. It's the perfect mix of citrus and floral with a freshness that makes this perfume really appealing. It reminds me of a scent that evokes sunshine in the Mediterranean overlooking the water. It is quite powerful so one small spritz to my throat lasts all day and through the night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetdream707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've made this my signature scent. The smell is wonderful and blossoms on my skin. It's warm and modern, and oh just smells so wonderful. I'm not sure how long it lasts because I might get used to the smell but I can smell it on my wrists even at the end of the day so I'm sure it lasts long. I haven't received any compliments on it.....but I do love the smell so much, as long as I enjoy it who cares? I'm sure others appreciate the smell as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Love at first sniff, and definitely my favorite of all the Toccas -- by far! I realize it's mostly a blood orange scent, but to me it greatly resembles Britney Spears Curious, which I've always loved (and which, strangely enough, contains quite different notes). Tocca Stella, however, is stronger and smells higher in quality than Curious.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Aquatic notes, Bitter orange, Blood orange
Heart Notes: Freesia, Lily, Orchid
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood

Even though I'm wearing and enjoying it as I type this, I'm not able to describe the scent of Tocca Stella at all -- it's just sweet, delicious, and beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in sample size from the 'Love Yourself' sampler set. I'm new to Tocca fragrances & wanted to test out as many as I could since there's a large variety. I'm pretty much loving all of them, each evoking a different feeling & perfect for different moods & occasions.

Wearing Stella today, I love how this fragrance is light & fresh....as most Toccas apparently are, but this is one of the lighter ones than the others....in the same soft, powdery vein as Violette rather than headier concoctions like Florence & Cleopatra.

I love how Stella dries down nicely spicy & peppery on me (plus a touch salty). In that way it reminds me of Celine Dion 'Belong,' my longtime drugstore favorite....but this one's more luxurious & complex. It's a gentle scent that surprisingly starts out innocent & then turns mischievous - nice feat! Wearing Stella makes me feel more strong, self-assured & professional, rather than the usual feminine, girlie or sexy effect of traditional floral scents. To me it evokes a spirit of independence, singularity & maturity or seriousness. It isn't overpowering, stays close to the skin, & the peppery note softens down earlier than expected into a more creamy floral layer that adds a touch more femininity than it started. How does Tocca accomplish this w/all their fragrances?

At this rate I won't be suprised if I eventually end up buying most (if not all) of the Tocca fragrances in full-size bottles (albeit slowly). They are all complex, develop beautifully in layers over time, & linger all day. If I don't wash it off @ the end of the day, I can still smell it clinging to my skin the next morning. Perfumes can linger in my clothes, but they never do on my skin. This is impressive.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Bloodrush192

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first Tocca fragrance I bought in the collection because I love the smell of orange blossoms or something with a beautiful citrus note to it. At first I liked it but then I leaned more towards Colette as it blended well with my chemistry. The one reason why I won't buy this one again is because of the first note that emerges from the bottle is very off-putting and reminds me of "old lady smell", best way I can describe it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Tocca fragrance I've ever sniffed. I sprayed this on my wrist and instantly, I knew I wasn't going to like it. Though this is subtlety sweet, there is a note in this perfume that completely turns me off about it. At first spritz to me it has a masculine feel.

Keep in mind that I do not mind wearing mens cologne, but with this one it felt too over powering. This is a floral scent mixed with sweet musk. I read the reviews on this, and one reviewer mentioned that is almost identical to Britney Spears's first perfume "Curious". That's when everything clicked. I wore Curious in middle school, and I stopped wearing and this perfume reminds me why.

I'm not saying this perfume is horrid. But at my age, and the way I carry myself I just don't see myself pull this one off... On to the next.