Tocca Stella EDP

3.3

on 4/3/2015 9:31:00 AM

I know. After swearing my life long allegiance to Stella McCartney here I am. Cheating.
And with another Stella.
I was perusing the roller balls at my local Sephora (I find I like to test purchase a fragrance I've already tested this way) And found this. I had tested this in the spritz previously and liked it, but it wouldn't be the first fragrance that turned on me once I'd bought her.
But I am pleased to report that she is just as lovely as I had tested.
To me this is the perfect Spring scent.
The reviewers who compared this to B.S. Curious are off their rockers. Curious is much sweeter and nowhere near this complex and warm.
Stella is beautiful and the blood orange gives the white freesia a nice complexity. And as the fragrance settles the sheer musk warms it up deliciously.
I love the dry down on the this fragrance.
I happened to be wearing this the day I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. And when we hugged and went to part she pulled me back in saying "Good Lord you smell heavenly, let me huff you in a little more"
And that is a pretty ringing endorsement.

on 1/21/2015 1:19:00 AM

I agree with everyone that this smells like a more sophisticated version of Britney's Curious but more orange-y and less floral. I bought the small bottle at Anthropologie which is perfect for me because I have so many bottles of fragrance in my rotation, and I don't want to waste any unused product because it went bad. The scent lasts for maybe three hours or so, and I almost never feel like I'm offending anyone or overdoing it with the scent like I do with Chanel Chance (which I really like) or Flowerbomb.

on 11/28/2014 11:38:00 PM

This perfume is very old ladylike. I get a headache when I wear this perfume. I love the elegance of these perfumes by Tocca. They look so cute on your vanity. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing this scent as it is too heavy and outdated for my taste.

on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 AM

I found this to be way too sweet and heavy - almost cloying. It is a pretty scent but I just don't like smelling it all day long.

on 8/23/2014 5:20:00 PM

Smells like good hairspray. Lots of freesia, little bit of musk. Thankfully, it fades to nothing after about 15 minutes. The bottle is gorgeous.

on 6/6/2014 5:33:00 PM

I went to Sephora recently to test Tocca's newest fragrance Simone, which is as lovely as a summer day (see my review). Not having had any previous experience with this line, I tested all the others as well.

I liked several well enough, but then came Stella. She and I hit it off immediately. But I did my due diligence and took a sample vial home to test how the scent might morph and what it's longevity would be like.

It has both a very fresh and a very warm quality at the same time, with a little bit of sweetness thrown in. The blood orange note lasts almost the duration of the scent itself, which is a good long time. It is never overpowering but just delicious through and through. I think this is a scent for day and night, for all seasons, and for any age group.

To me, it is not a common, ho-hum fragrance but unique and just beautiful each time a get a waft of it, which I am able to do for quite a long time after applying.

Gorgeous very classy bottles, too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second Tocca fragrance and without a doubt this one is a major hit. I'm unable to fully describe the fragrance....all I know is that when I first smelled I knew it had to come home with me. It mends so well on my skin. And as the day goes on the fragrance notes stand out for good. Absolutely love this fragrance and its definitely become my signature scent.

on 1/7/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I first learned of this fragrance when a sample was sent to me by Sephora. From the moment I smelled it, I felt like this was the perfume I had been waiting for. After using my trial I quickly purchased a full sized bottle. The blood orange notes hit quickly but the perfume soon develop into the floral notes, with the freesia being the strongest and most noticeable on me. It's the perfect mix of citrus and floral with a freshness that makes this perfume really appealing. It reminds me of a scent that evokes sunshine in the Mediterranean overlooking the water. It is quite powerful so one small spritz to my throat lasts all day and through the night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've made this my signature scent. The smell is wonderful and blossoms on my skin. It's warm and modern, and oh just smells so wonderful. I'm not sure how long it lasts because I might get used to the smell but I can smell it on my wrists even at the end of the day so I'm sure it lasts long. I haven't received any compliments on it.....but I do love the smell so much, as long as I enjoy it who cares? I'm sure others appreciate the smell as well.

on 8/16/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love at first sniff, and definitely my favorite of all the Toccas -- by far! I realize it's mostly a blood orange scent, but to me it greatly resembles Britney Spears Curious, which I've always loved (and which, strangely enough, contains quite different notes). Tocca Stella, however, is stronger and smells higher in quality than Curious.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Aquatic notes, Bitter orange, Blood orange
Heart Notes: Freesia, Lily, Orchid
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood

Even though I'm wearing and enjoying it as I type this, I'm not able to describe the scent of Tocca Stella at all -- it's just sweet, delicious, and beautiful!

Popular Fragrances