October 24, 2014 | 1575 users online

Styling Products - Giovanni - Styling Glue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This product has replaced my once beloved Garnier Surf Hair. Once I determined that the Garnier product was causing me to break out on my scalp, neck and back, I switched to a product that has less nasty ingredients. This styling glue does the same thing as the other product except no break outs.

The smell is divine, clean and somewhat fruity. A very thick paste-like substance that melts quickly onto your hands and applies cleanly to my short hair. Provides a good amount of lift and piecy-looking style but it does fall flat a few hours later. I can easily re-tousle my hairstyle so that doesn't bother me at all.

A great product! I've also tried several other products from the Giovanni line and I'm thoroughly impressed. i've replaced all of my other hair styling products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product to a certain extent. It holds down your hair but it reverts after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I really like the product ... because it really helps lay down my hair [i use it for smoothing my edges] but it also keeps my hair soft. Where gels tend to harden the hair, this is great for smoothing and managing hair without the crunch.

The only things I don't like are the smell. It's lemony, I guess. I'm not a fan of the citrus scents. And, for me, it doesn't last as long as I would like. The plus though, is that my hair would still be neater, than if I went out without styling. It's just not as tight and smooth as gels usually are.

I'm not completely sold on the product, but I do like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has quickly become my only HG hair product, LOVE this stuff! I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Surf Hair Paste by Garneir, one w/out the parabens and one that had some hold to it. I use this for a few things:

1. Big hair (I apply to the roots only on slightly damp/mostly dry hair)
2. “Beach hair”, texturizing, helping to keep my waves in check. (Worked into damp hair, scruch and twist sections.)
3. I feel that it adds a bit of thickness as well.
4. Smooth down flyaways while giving hair just a smidgen of pliable hold (good for side swept bangs or when you’ve parted your hair on a new side. I like to apply this technique very lightly on dry hair with a very small amount on my palms.)

This leaves my hair pliable and workable throughout the day but keeps hair looking the way I had originally styled it. Like if I apply to my roots for volume I can brush my fingers through and then finger fluff it back to it’s original “big” state. Same goes for waves...if I mess them up by pushing my hair out of my face, they're easily restyled. Styling Glue has a little bit of hold but I wouldn’t use this solely if you’re looking for something to keep your heat styled curls looking perfect throughout the day. Also nice to keep side swept bangs in place...simply rub a small amount into the palm of your hand and smooth over or work into hair...the same technique goes for flyaways. It took me a little while to learn how to work with it, how much to apply or if I applied to dry or damp hair. My suggestion is start out with just a little bit and add as necessary...overloading on this isn’t much fun as textured hair can become very difficult to brush through.

I prefer to keep this out of the ends of my hair as much as possible for this reason. (This applies to all styling pastes/glues for me though.)

This stuff really is like glue. Kinda smells like glue (faint smell, but you won’t be smelling this on your hands or in your hair throughout the day), looks like glue and is s.t.i.c.k.y. like glue. If you’re not game for a sticky, potentially messy product, skip this. Matte finish and total HG for me. This is my one I-can’t-live-without hair product. About $7 usd for 2 oz.

Long, fine, yet corse, wavy (2a-2b) thick hair, frequently straightened. continued >>