April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm Demi Permanent Haircolor in Mahogony

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The perfect demi-perm color for my super-sensitive skin. My first two colorings left my scalp burned and broken out, and my hair was dry, frizzled and unhappy-- this with a 5% ammonia mix. My research into hair color chemistry for allergic folks led me to the Wella Color Charm demi-perm. My natural color is a medium ash brown -- I used Medium Sandy Gold, which darkened and reddened my hair slightly, and covered the grays beautifully. Not only that, my hair looks fantastic! So soft and shiny. All for a total of less than $11 (with enough left over for another coloring next month!). I'll probably mix with a lighter neutral color next time to see if I can match my natural color more closely, but Color Charm is IT for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kimirdh

Great product. My hair is straight, fine and it's natural colour is lt blah brown. I like to keep it somewhere between dark hazelnut and espresso and had been using natural instincts for a while until I tried Wella. I follow the directions and mix colour with the 10 activator. Some times I mix colours, I like natural med brown and hazelnut. Gives me rich, dimensional, shiny colour every time, just wish it lasts longer, fades completely in about 4 weeks with daily washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by mfourth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Wella Color Charm Demi Permanent haircolor in 8N, a neutral blonde shade. This hair color has left my hair in better shape, softer and silkier, than Clairol Complements Demi color, L'oreal color spa, or Clairol Natural Instincts.

I got the color at Sally's. You have to buy a mixing container (about 99 cents)and measure out the color and developer, but it's pretty easy to do.

I use this to color over gray, and the color is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

oh this is it. i've found my perfect haircolor. i've been searching for a darker red that doesn't have plum or purple tones, and this does the trick! i love the formula, my hair looks shinier and healthier than before i colored. it lasted 3 weeks on me before it started to fade, which is really good for a red on me. it lasts much longer on my previously colored hair. what i especially like about this is that they have the same shade in their permanant haircolor line, so i'm planning on using this in between permanent treatments to keep it fresh...it will be much better for my hair. i can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this stuff! huge rave!
*edit* FARGING ICEHOLES DC'ED THIS SHADE! i hate them to death. i have been using Clairol Complements in Light Red Copper Brown (4rc-d) with good results and a decent color match, but it doesn't last as long or give me the healthy shine the wella did. dammit all to hell.