January 26, 2015 | 1182 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 1:05:00 PM More reviews by samalynnx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend gave this to me when I had super chapped lips that wouldn't heal no matter what I used, this did the trick. I now swear by this and use it on my lips every night. I have never tried it anywhere else on my body, I think it might be too rich/oily for my combination skin. I have read about people using it on their feet, so I may try that. When I run out of this I plan on buying more to keep my lips soft and moisturized!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2015 8:30:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been slathering this stuff on my face and neck 2-3 times a week after I use my Clairsonic and after I shower and it's made a great improvement in the texture of my skin. I get very dry near my nose (especially in winter) and this balm has helped quite a bit. I don't experience nearly as much flakiness as I used to. I have what I like to call "sneaky flakiness"-my skin will look all right before I put my makeup on, but once I begin blending patches of dryness will appear and make my face look blotchy and rough; haven't had a problem with this since I've started using Egyptian Magic.

I also get hormonal acne on my chin (late 20's are just *awful* in terms of this) and Egyptian Magic doesn't seem to clog my pores, so I use in in conjunction with drying acne products. Used to be I had to suffer from the redness and skin flaking when using things like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Not anymore!

The texture will terrify you if you've never worked with something similar before and dealt with/are dealing with oil problems and acne, but once you get used to it, it's quite pleasant. Think Vaseline, but more texture. You have to gouge it out of the plastic jar with your finger and it has a semi-soft, balmy feel to it. You then emulsify it between your hands until it takes the form of an oil, then massage in. The smell is nondescript and fades within seconds.

I only use it at night because it is very heavy and oily. During the night it sinks into my skin (and often a bit on my pillowcase, so if you do this be sure to use an old one you don't mind getting greasy.) and when I wake up, most of it has absorbed. I'll gently rinse off or tissue off my face and it's ready for the day. Sink-in time will definitely will depend on how much moisture you need-everyone is different. I've also been using it on my cuticles, hands, and heels, all with very good results.

I also am most definitely in the minority on this one, but I actually don't mind the packaging. It's tacky, but in a kind of kitschy way. I like how witch-doctor-ish it looks next to all the clinical-looking bottles on my bathroom counter.

The price point is a bit up there, but if you've got dry skin and nothing else has worked, I definitely would give this a go. I wish I'd known about it when I was on Accutane a long time ago, because Aquaphor didn't really do much for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up the double pack of this at Costco but even at Costco prices, I was a bit surprised by how pricey this seemed for a pretty unglamorous product. But I do like it. Winter has begun in earnest in The Great White North and that always means dry skin and chapping and all the other delights of cold outdoors and dry, heated indoors. Add to that the fact that I wash my hands a LOT and while I have good soap in my classroom, the soap in the washrooms at my school could probably double as floor stripper and this year, for the first time, my knuckles have become really itchy. They're not dry or cracked but feel as though they are - they're just itchy. But slathering on some Egyptian Magic really does help. Mind you, slathering on Elizabeth Arden's original Eight Hour Cream helps even more, though it is much pricier than Egyptian Magic.

I think this stuff has a lot of uses and I'm looking forward to trying it as a body moisturizer after a shower and also trying it on my feet at night. But so far, I am happy with this stuff. The packaging is pretty ugly and the product itself is not very glamorous but it does work, is made of nicer ingredients than Vaseline and seems a good all-round product to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mishella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for awhile and thought it was great for moisturizing etc. But yesterday I burnt my thumb when curling my hair with my ghd. Cold water was only soothing it temporarily and I was desperate, needing to get ready to go out. I put Egyptian Magic on the burn and it was completely soothed after about 10 minutes. It's not sore and hasn't blistered. There is a white strip down my thumb where the burn is, but it hasn't raised like it would have. Really really happy I bought this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

My mom and I got the two-pack at Costco (regular sized tub and a smaller one), and I really don't think this is like the godsend of miracle products, but it does have some good uses. My mom likes to use it on her lips, and for a while I was applying it to a patch of something on my dad's scalp (we're thinking it's psoriasis or something but not sure) and it helped him a lot, kept the itching down and helped to soothe and heal it up.

My little story with it is I had a really horrible crack on the corner of my mouth, I'm not joking when I say it was literally starting to just split Chelsea-grin style (not that extreme obviously but ya get my point) and nothing was helping. I was trying every kind of balm I had, every kind of moisturizer, and they did nothing for it. Then I started liberally rubbing this on every morning and night plus whenever it needed reapplying, and within a week there was a major improvement and now (two weeks later) it's pretty much completely healed.

I had tried using this on my face as a moisturizer but it made me break out. It has olive oil in it and my skin doesn't react well with that so if you have a similar issue I'd be very careful about using it on your face.

I put "no" for repurchasing because even with just the little tub it will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for pesky peeling lips. Haven't used for anything else. Not as think as Vaseline. Great for a base to soften lips prior to lipstick, etc.

I don't mind reapplying lipstick. Anything that has the power to stay on through drinking & eating I don't want on my lips anyway. They're dry enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I really loved this cream. I used it about 5 years ago after I heard many great reviews, how much it helps with sensitive and acne prone skin (YouTube videos).
You really have to use it just a pea size, rub it on your fingers (until it melts) and apply gently over your face. For the first 3 weeks my face looked really great, my skin got really clear and moisturized, even though it felt too oily under my foundation. However, after a while it clogged my pores completely and I started to break out like crazy.
So I still think this cream is amazing as a body cream but be careful when applying on your face, if you have acne-prone skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a treatment not a daily mositurizer unless you're completely dry and dehydrated. All the ingredients in this are very healing and emollient. I use it when an area is super dry or sun burned or wrinkled. It's great for cuticles, under eye cream, lip conditioner. For exzema.
This makes a nice face mask. This is not for under makeup at all. It's a nice night cream but not for every night, it's too rich. I always have some on hand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample in my birchbox and I was excited because I have heard so much about it. I have super chapped lips and I started using it nightly. It honestly did nothing to help my chapped lips and I honestly think it made them WORSE! I have reverted back to using aquaphor. Much more price friendly and works so much better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Sounds too good to be true and it was.
I was very heavy on my oily skin and left me very greasy even the next day.
I did not notice any improvement in marks, or in my skin tone.
I broke out for quite a while every time I used this.
It does moisturize well but I will not repurchase again.