November 28, 2014 | 1674 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mishella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for awhile and thought it was great for moisturizing etc. But yesterday I burnt my thumb when curling my hair with my ghd. Cold water was only soothing it temporarily and I was desperate, needing to get ready to go out. I put Egyptian Magic on the burn and it was completely soothed after about 10 minutes. It's not sore and hasn't blistered. There is a white strip down my thumb where the burn is, but it hasn't raised like it would have. Really really happy I bought this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

My mom and I got the two-pack at Costco (regular sized tub and a smaller one), and I really don't think this is like the godsend of miracle products, but it does have some good uses. My mom likes to use it on her lips, and for a while I was applying it to a patch of something on my dad's scalp (we're thinking it's psoriasis or something but not sure) and it helped him a lot, kept the itching down and helped to soothe and heal it up.

My little story with it is I had a really horrible crack on the corner of my mouth, I'm not joking when I say it was literally starting to just split Chelsea-grin style (not that extreme obviously but ya get my point) and nothing was helping. I was trying every kind of balm I had, every kind of moisturizer, and they did nothing for it. Then I started liberally rubbing this on every morning and night plus whenever it needed reapplying, and within a week there was a major improvement and now (two weeks later) it's pretty much completely healed.

I had tried using this on my face as a moisturizer but it made me break out. It has olive oil in it and my skin doesn't react well with that so if you have a similar issue I'd be very careful about using it on your face.

I put "no" for repurchasing because even with just the little tub it will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great for pesky peeling lips. Haven't used for anything else. Not as think as Vaseline. Great for a base to soften lips prior to lipstick, etc.

I don't mind reapplying lipstick. Anything that has the power to stay on through drinking & eating I don't want on my lips anyway. They're dry enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I really loved this cream. I used it about 5 years ago after I heard many great reviews, how much it helps with sensitive and acne prone skin (YouTube videos).
You really have to use it just a pea size, rub it on your fingers (until it melts) and apply gently over your face. For the first 3 weeks my face looked really great, my skin got really clear and moisturized, even though it felt too oily under my foundation. However, after a while it clogged my pores completely and I started to break out like crazy.
So I still think this cream is amazing as a body cream but be careful when applying on your face, if you have acne-prone skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a treatment not a daily mositurizer unless you're completely dry and dehydrated. All the ingredients in this are very healing and emollient. I use it when an area is super dry or sun burned or wrinkled. It's great for cuticles, under eye cream, lip conditioner. For exzema.
This makes a nice face mask. This is not for under makeup at all. It's a nice night cream but not for every night, it's too rich. I always have some on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ntorki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample in my birchbox and I was excited because I have heard so much about it. I have super chapped lips and I started using it nightly. It honestly did nothing to help my chapped lips and I honestly think it made them WORSE! I have reverted back to using aquaphor. Much more price friendly and works so much better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Sounds too good to be true and it was.
I was very heavy on my oily skin and left me very greasy even the next day.
I did not notice any improvement in marks, or in my skin tone.
I broke out for quite a while every time I used this.
It does moisturize well but I will not repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jamc811

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Egyptian Magic at night for extra moisturizing around my eyes, and it has made a huge difference to my skin. I've also used it as a lip balm and for extra moisturizing on super dry spots like my elbows, and it is wonderful. I can't imagine using it all over my face, because it seems too heavy for that, but maybe this winter when my skin gets really dry...This stuff isn't cheap, but a little goes a really long way. The packaging is not so great, as the printing on the container started to wear off almost immediately, but that seems to be the only downside. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was really moisturizing and did not make me break out, but it did seriously clog my pores after a week or two. Stopped using it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Autumnsunx

I've been using this product for a little over a month now and have recommended it to many people. In the jar/tub this product is a solid but once you scoop some into your hand and rub it into your fingers it turns into an oil (think if coconut oil with beeswax). I have oily and acne prone skin so I was weary to try it, but as a nightly moisturizer for my face this is wonderful. it does take a little getting used to since it is an oil after all but the benefits are well worth it. My skin has been feeling healthier, more moisturized, and more supple. it never broke me out though I can't say it helped clear up my skin either but it did allow for my topical acne creams to work well underneath this product without over drying my face! The packaging leaves much to be desired in terms of appearance but that's hardly a factor when the product is this good. It is expensive for a drugstore girl like me but I buy mine at Costco and I feel like I'm saving some money. definitely try it out. I haven't noticed my skin producing any more oil than usual.