August 21, 2014 | 985 users online

Skincare - Body - Egyptian Magic - Healing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was really moisturizing and did not make me break out, but it did seriously clog my pores after a week or two. Stopped using it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Autumnsunx

I've been using this product for a little over a month now and have recommended it to many people. In the jar/tub this product is a solid but once you scoop some into your hand and rub it into your fingers it turns into an oil (think if coconut oil with beeswax). I have oily and acne prone skin so I was weary to try it, but as a nightly moisturizer for my face this is wonderful. it does take a little getting used to since it is an oil after all but the benefits are well worth it. My skin has been feeling healthier, more moisturized, and more supple. it never broke me out though I can't say it helped clear up my skin either but it did allow for my topical acne creams to work well underneath this product without over drying my face! The packaging leaves much to be desired in terms of appearance but that's hardly a factor when the product is this good. It is expensive for a drugstore girl like me but I buy mine at Costco and I feel like I'm saving some money. definitely try it out. I haven't noticed my skin producing any more oil than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by tinatotjen

Iīve purchased E.M many times! Really recommend it.

PROS:
- Even tho it is a bit pricey I give it 5/5 on the price, because a little goes SO far. It is very much worth the money. One jar usually lasts for almost a year with me, even tho I use it very often.
- Whenever I have felt a pimple emerging from under my skin, I put this cream on top of the area before I go to sleep and let it work overnight. The pimple never shows up on my skin when I do this.
- It works on dry skin. Elbows, knees, face, feet - you name it.
- I love to exfoliate my face 1-2 times a week before I go to bed and apply this on afterwards. The mornings after I do this my skin tone is super even, my skin glows, redness gone, moisturized - and after some time it looks like my acne scars are faded from doing this routine.
- It doesnīt have any ingredients that can harm your skin.
- It comes in a jar so you get to use up the whole thing. Just be careful to wash your hands before digging into it.
- Amazing on blisters!!! Also on small wounds/cuts/scratches on your skin. They disappear so much faster if I put it on the area overnight.
- Can be made into a scrub if you put sugar etc. in it and rub it on your skin.
- Sometimes when I run out of eyecream Iīve used this instead and it kind of works there too. I struggle with dark circles and they donīt like completely disappear but somewhat, and no undereye bags.
- Good for applying on freshly shaved areas. Skin never gets irritated when I do that.
- Works on insect bites.
- Cool name, right?

CONS:
- I mentioned it works really well on areas where acne is about to pop up. However I do NOT recommend using this on a pimple that is already out there. I did this at first (and yes the pimples shrinked and became less painful) but I also started to notice that if I put it on already-out-pimples it leaves an acne scar...almost everytime.
- Doesnīt work well as a day time facial cream, because it takes some time to soak into the skin. I donīt think this cream is ment to be used as a day cream anyway, so it doesnīt really count as a fault. Just felt like telling.

People who write bad critiques on this perhaps use it the wrong way. You only need a pea sized amount, and you have to rub it a bit between your fingers to warm it up. When itīs like an oil you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

I used to keep Vaseline at my bedside for lips, hands, etc. This has replaced that, I sometimes use it as eye cream, makeup remover, on dry patches (face too) and mostly for my lips! I tried putting this all over my face and just couldn't, the smell is obvious of the olive oil and I just felt too greasy. However it's great for a lot of stuff and a great value!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim - mostly from reading advertising in magazines about it. Even though I really like the application and feel of it - I am not sure it is any better than Aquafor lotion in the long run. Time will tell. It is absorbable after about 30 minutes but still leaves a comfortable and non offensive sheen. A little goes a long way - which makes it more useful when you think of the price. I would purchase this again and will try it this winter and it will probably feel fantastic in the cold dry climate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this and liked it very much. It's more of a balm or a salve than an actual cream. Although it's not cheap, you do get a large jar and a little goes a long way. I think I paid $30.00 dollars for mine at my local healh food store. Although I won't rebuy right now because of my budget. this is a great product and I can see me rebuying this in the future.

Apparently this has a lot of uses, and you can even use it in your hair, but I have only ever used it as a face and body cream. I know some people have complained about a smell, but my jar really didn't smell like anything. When using this the secret is to take a small amount between your fingers and rub them together until it liquifies a bit. Then gently press it into the area you want to treat. I personally feel this helps unlock the ingredients better. I should mention that this make an excellent eye cream. Overall, this is just an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by fanimarg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product when i was pregnant to prevent stretch marks and i was using it during my whole pregnancy. Fantastic product. I only applied it once , sometimes twice a day , i did not had to reapplied it on my belly too often, keeps your skin moisturized.I used other creams but my skin felt dry until i found this miracle cream.i had not a single stretch mark.Now i use it on my face as a treatment when it feels too dry, and sometimes only on my forehead to prevent those fine lines to get deeper. But only at sleep-time cause is too greasy for a day cream. Verygood product! Happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Egyptian Magic is a nifty product. I'd compare it to the much cheaper Aquaphor. They're both ointments that seemingly heal every thing. I'd say that Aquaphor is probably thicker and greasier but they both work in the same manner.

I bought this mainly because of the hype. I didn't intend to use it on my face but my skin is acne prone and I'm leary of applying any kind of thick product loaded with oils on my face. I first used this on a few scratches and bruises and they seemingly healed much quicker. A few weeks ago, I had a terrible reaction to an at home facial wax. Despite washing my face after waxing and applying hydrocortisone cream, my upper lip still broke out terribly. These weren't the small little contact dermatitis pimples either. These were huge pimples that really hurt! I decided I had nothing to lose by applying Egyptian Magic. A few minutes after applying this, I noticed the pain had subsided. By the next day, the redness and swelling had gone down and by the third and fourth days, the pimples were gone. If I would have used a traditional spot treatment, I'm sure it would have taken longer and I also would have been left with a few nice reminders in the form of brown marks. I haven't had a break out since the waxing debacle but if I get another, I think I might very well use this product.

The ointment itself is nothing to write home about. It doesn't have a great smell but it doesn't smell bad either. I get a faint beeswax smell and that's about it. When applied to the skin, I don't notice a smell at all. It's also fairly easy to apply provided you follow the directions and warm it between your fingers (or palm) first. If you don't, it's rather thick and take time to work into the skin. Like any oil based ointment, this is rather sticky and oily. It does sink in to the skin quickly but I'd still limit use to night time or when you're not going out.

Overall, this is a pretty great ointment. I don't know if I'd say it's miraculous but it does deliver. It is rather expensive but a 4 oz jar last forever. I've had mine for two months and I've barely made a dent in it. Depending on where you buy this, it will run you anywhere from $25 to $40 so it isn't cheap. I got mine from a seller on eBay (before I realized Costco sells two jars for roughly the same price I paid for one!) but from what I've been reading, there are counterfeit jars out there. I'm fairly confident mine is authetic because it doesn't smell funny and seemingly works well. As always, do your research about your online sellers if you decide to buy this online or buy it from a reliable retail source. I think this is a decent investment and, for once, the hype is deserved.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by jesstorious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazing. My skin is finally clearing up and evening out. I only use at night because it is really oily so I don't think my make up would apply well on it. Expensive,but will last forever and has many uses(has helped my husbands psoriasis for example) and I found it cheaper at Costco !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Zee101

Its sad to see that so many buyers have been sold the fake Egyptian Magic Cream and therefore they have negative reviews. I have been using the "Real" Egyptian Magic cream for just three days now and have noticed incredible results and no I am not affiliated to the manufacturers at all, just enjoying the product immensely and sort of sad that so many users have been sold dupes. The real Egyptian Magic Cream is not as yellow as shown in the picture here on this site, it is almost colorless, does not have even a tinge of yellow in it, it should have the R beside the name to the right of the name and the bottom should have the expiry date engraved and not printed. Also it should come with a tamper proof seal. Again, an excellent product, the price not that excellent but you certainly are getting your monies worth. I have just been using this on my face as I have dry patches and uneven texture here and there, and I have seen amazing results just after three uses. I apply this to my face before bedtime, it does feel a tad bit oily at first but soaks up into the skin very quickly. Does not feel heavy or tacky as some users have said, I am therefore convinced they have been sold dupes. I will certainly buy it again when I'm close to running out. To those contemplating buying this product, you will certainly not be sorry but be careful where you purchase it from and look out for the things I mentioned previously. Lastly, there is no prominent smell other than it smelling a bit like bees wax, if the EMC you bought smells of anything I am certain that is the dupe. This product definitely gets a thumbs up from me!!!!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No