December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BORBA Skin Balance Fiber-Knit Orbital Eye Rejuvinator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an effective moisturizer that lasts all day. I do find my fine lines to be less noticeable than before I started using it. And my undereye circles are slightly less noticeable, but still there. But I can't fault the product for that-they don't claim to reduce dark circles. I would prefer a different packaging-the jar is not very sanitary and exposes the product to the elements too much. But all in all I was pleased enough to buy two more jars. Borba products are pricey, but IME worth it. Especially when you catch them on sale at Hautelook for way below retail...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a disappointment for me, I have fine lines that this cream did not address. It is very moisturizing but that's it, I ended up giving it to my daughter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Dr. Denese girl, but I like this eye cream for day. Application on both lower and upper eye lid is soothing, hydrating, and seems to promote depuffing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by insidesusan

I've had dark circles since I was in elementary school, and one day I'd had enough - so I went to Sephora, prepared to spend $95 on Hylexin after reading their miraculous claims. The SA talked me into the Borba cream, saying it had zapped her circles in three weeks. Well, it was less than half the price of Hylexin, so I went home with this instead. Three months later, no change in my circles! I can't really say I expected this to be a miracle product, but it didn't do the one thing I needed.

I do like the thick, creamy texture of this, it feels great to slick on. It does a pretty good job moisturizing, but that's about it. Also, I don't think it helps with puffiness either. I really only get puffiness once in a while, so its not that big of a deal, but it would be nice if it worked on that too. Really, I'm 25 and my major issue is circles - if its not helping that, it may as well be any old cream from Target IMO.

Other reviews mentioning getting millia from this - I can't be sure when exactly mine popped up, but I do have some near my eye area, and now I'm suspicious this was the cause.

I only continued to use this because I was eager to try Kiehl's new eye brightening cream, but it was backordered for months. I finally got a tube today and am eager to try it. But since it is such a thin formula, I may just continue to layer the Borba over it at night for a little extra moisturizer - I still have over half left, and I would rather try and get some use out of it still.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I'm in my 30's and have some lines around my eyes and after using this 2x a day for 2 months I haven't seen a difference. Too bad because I do enjoy Borba products just not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I really like this eye cream. It hydrates your eyes all day and night. Other eye creams I have used are gone by the evening or the morning and this one is still on. I use Roc and Philosophys eye believe underneath and I am loving it. I will try back later and tell what long term effects are.
EDIT: I wear contacts during the day, and last night I washed my face with my contacts on. I normally remove before starting.I washed, then followed my normal routine, and I do my eyes last. I first put on Roc Retinol Correction, then Eye Believe by Philosophy, the Hope in a tube by Philosophy, then last bt not least, Borba. I saw the results immediately. The comparason between my eyes were amazing. The one with Borba was so much brighter! I will never be w/o this product again. I have been using for about 1 month. I should have said before, my eyesight is really bad! I cannot see anything w/o my contacts or glasses, and I have not noticed this before because of that! You must try this stuff if you are over 35!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ren_kr

i really liked this. (all i really care about is how long it keeps me hydrated) but then an ole henriksen spokesperson scared me into not ever buying it because she said it was the worst eye cream ever. And then suckered me into buying the fresh start eye cream (which didn't get that awesome reviews anyways but i like anyways too)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by tinerda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this suff feeelsss soo good when u let it set on ur skin, it almost feels like a warming mask, but it just does that sits on my skin and i feel that this is an okay product...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by akk23

Got this eye cream based on the reviews here because I was in need of a new one and I am happy with it. Its only been about 3 weeks but when I apply it my eye area looks fresh and smooth. I feel like I look more awake! It has helped with some fine lines as well. Its moisturizing but it absorbs into my skin after a couple minutes... also helps my concealer go on more smoothly. The only issues I have is that I really wish it cam in a pump. I hate dipping my fingers into the jar. I guess the good thing about a jar is you can see how much you have left and you can use every last bit of it. The price is $38 which I think is fair because a little goes a long way and I have a feeling this jar is going to last me a long time! All in all a good eye cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eye cream is much too stiff/thick for the delicate/mature skin around my eyes. When I put a tiny dab of it on my finger & try to tap it on the skin above & below my eyes, the tissue-thin skin sticks to the cream on my finger. Not a good situation. I end up pulling/stretching my precious skin like crazy. I think this should be marketed to women in their 20's or 30's who still have thicker, more durable skin in the orbital area. Lastly, I don't feel that it is completely absorbed. For me, it seems to sit on top a bit - kind of creating a barrier that keeps moisture *in* but I'd rather it became part of my skin, if you know what I mean.