July 25, 2014 | 1749 users online

Toners - Sea Breeze Astringent-Original Formula

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mstringer14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought the seabreeze equate version same thing jst diff brand but this is my first time committing to it . my mom used it as a teen and now i've come to an end with all commercial brand skin care systems and went old school . it makes my skin feel fresh i use it with a cleanser and finish it with seabreeze and a moisturizer . my skin gets reaallyyy oily so i hope this clears up before my graduation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I started out using the blue colored one for sensitive skin, it did work very well, but with my luck while I was coming home from school it all opened up and spilled everywhere. Great. I went to my local walgreens and saw there was one that was yellow and it had salicyc acid in it, and it helped oiliness, and acne! It doesn't bother my skin since it really isn't that sensitive, but I do have really oily skin at times. This stuff comes in handy like after the gym or after sweating. Also! When your on your 'time of the month' it comes so in handy!!!! It's helped with all my breakouts!!! I have and will repurchase this! I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This astringent is amazing. It's a really nice step for after cleansing that leaves the face feeling fresh, and removes any traces of extra makeup. I also love this for cleaning the areas around pimples to prevent bacteria from spreading. I've repurchased it for many years and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by bbleu7856

Love this stuff. I am acne prone and this really helps heal my skin without overdrying it. It takes the last traces of dirt and makeup off my skin, and menthol in it leaves my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. I have found that I break out more when I don't use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I have been using this astringent for a year and I love it! I buy the original version (not the Actives that is found in stores) on Amazon. I get a 3-pack for $18. One bottle lasts about 3 months with nightly use. I personally really love the smell of it, although it is very strong. I use it at night following my cleanser and it gets all the leftover makeup off my face. It has a menthol feel (from the peppermint oil and camphor) that I enjoy. I used this leading up to my Accutane treatment on my back and it was the only thing that worked to clear up my bacne (Accutane got rid of the rest of it). I hope they continue to make the original formula which I find better at clearing breakouts than the Actives version. It leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have never been a very big fan of toners, but this one impresses me. I really like the the menthol feeling it leaves behind. It cleans away all the traces of makeup left behind. I will continue using it for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by D1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this toner! My dermatologist recommended it about 4 years ago and I have no idea why I stopped using it? My skin seems to produce less oil because I use this and the best part is that at night when I take off my makeup with makeup remover wipes, I dab some of this on a cotton ball and go over my face once I have used the wipes and it leaves my face without a trace of dirt or makeup. Its truly amazing how this toner really gets EVERYTHING off your face. LOVE(:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchase this in a large bottle from Sally's & use it during my manicures to clean my nails before applying polish. I noticed a manicurist using it once so decided to try it out & it works very well leaving the nails clean & dry. The scent is very strong so I think I'd be a lil nervous to use it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's great if you want to get the gunk out of your pores; I like to use it after I've washed my face just to make sure there's no traces of makeup leftover. Don't be stingy with it though! Make sure to soak the cotton ball all the way through if you're serious about using it as a cleaner/toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using the newer one, the actives version, which is basically the original version, with the addition of 1% salicylic acid, which my skin has got to have every day or I will break out! I love it, I use and love Noxema, and Sea Breeze has similar ingredients, plus salicylic acid which I require in a toner. Most acne fighting astringents contain a high amount of alcohol,which is horrible for oily skin, but this one does not. I love the way it smells, feels, and the fact it works to keep my pores small and skin clear! I got a freakin huge 16oz bottle for the same price as the regular size bottle! I want to try the purple version next, I think it's called Actives Deep Pore astringent which has 2% salicylic acid, and see how they compare...will update! UPDATE: Ok, I do like the Deep Pore version (the purple one) much better. I guess my skin needs 2% SA, but my skin looks amazing and clear. You can order it on drugstore.com, but it's next to impossible to locate in stores :-(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No