Sea Breeze Astringent-Original Formula

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denat., Camphor, Peppermint Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Eugenol, Sodium Benzoate, Yellow No. 5, Orange No. 4.

on 3/18/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like though I use this off and on throughout the week/month, it is a staple in my bathroom.

I use this typically if I was a horrible excuse for a human and slept with make up on. The following day when I try to pry open my eyes from mascara fusion, I wash my face, exfoliate and follow up with this once out of the shower while my skin is still warm and pores loose or what not.

I also use this more frequently when I'm having breakouts, specifically before my 'lady-time' lol.

I do have fair, sensitive skin and it burns a bit and makes my face reddish but I think that's just the extreme cleaning power (shortly after my skin returns to its ghostly state).

I'd say, if you wear make up regularly, especially layered (like liq foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, the whole 9) then this is an inexpensive investment in your skin's health.

OH and also, I always moisturize after using this. I drop a couple drops onto a flat cotton pad and swipe it all over my freshly washed face. It makes me wonder if my neutrogena face wash is even doing anything when the cotton pad comes up disgustingly filthy :>

on 8/15/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I didn't have a good experience with this product at all. It irritated my skin and left it feeling very dry. My face also began to break out in blackheads and whiteheads after a week of use. I also didn't like the smell, it smelled very strong, and some of the ingredients and chemicals included are questionable.

on 5/21/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i bought the seabreeze equate version same thing jst diff brand but this is my first time committing to it . my mom used it as a teen and now i've come to an end with all commercial brand skin care systems and went old school . it makes my skin feel fresh i use it with a cleanser and finish it with seabreeze and a moisturizer . my skin gets reaallyyy oily so i hope this clears up before my graduation

on 5/13/2014 9:51:00 PM

I started out using the blue colored one for sensitive skin, it did work very well, but with my luck while I was coming home from school it all opened up and spilled everywhere. Great. I went to my local walgreens and saw there was one that was yellow and it had salicyc acid in it, and it helped oiliness, and acne! It doesn't bother my skin since it really isn't that sensitive, but I do have really oily skin at times. This stuff comes in handy like after the gym or after sweating. Also! When your on your 'time of the month' it comes so in handy!!!! It's helped with all my breakouts!!! I have and will repurchase this! I love it!

on 12/3/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This astringent is amazing. It's a really nice step for after cleansing that leaves the face feeling fresh, and removes any traces of extra makeup. I also love this for cleaning the areas around pimples to prevent bacteria from spreading. I've repurchased it for many years and will continue to do so!

on 11/22/2012 12:44:00 AM

Love this stuff. I am acne prone and this really helps heal my skin without overdrying it. It takes the last traces of dirt and makeup off my skin, and menthol in it leaves my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. I have found that I break out more when I don't use this.

on 8/23/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this astringent for a year and I love it! I buy the original version (not the Actives that is found in stores) on Amazon. I get a 3-pack for $18. One bottle lasts about 3 months with nightly use. I personally really love the smell of it, although it is very strong. I use it at night following my cleanser and it gets all the leftover makeup off my face. It has a menthol feel (from the peppermint oil and camphor) that I enjoy. I used this leading up to my Accutane treatment on my back and it was the only thing that worked to clear up my bacne (Accutane got rid of the rest of it). I hope they continue to make the original formula which I find better at clearing breakouts than the Actives version. It leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I love it!

on 7/20/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never been a very big fan of toners, but this one impresses me. I really like the the menthol feeling it leaves behind. It cleans away all the traces of makeup left behind. I will continue using it for the foreseeable future.

on 6/15/2012 8:23:00 PM

I love this toner! My dermatologist recommended it about 4 years ago and I have no idea why I stopped using it? My skin seems to produce less oil because I use this and the best part is that at night when I take off my makeup with makeup remover wipes, I dab some of this on a cotton ball and go over my face once I have used the wipes and it leaves my face without a trace of dirt or makeup. Its truly amazing how this toner really gets EVERYTHING off your face. LOVE(:

on 10/26/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchase this in a large bottle from Sally's & use it during my manicures to clean my nails before applying polish. I noticed a manicurist using it once so decided to try it out & it works very well leaving the nails clean & dry. The scent is very strong so I think I'd be a lil nervous to use it on my face.