July 28, 2014 | 1049 users online

Powder - Avon - Smooth Mineral Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Chonai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

you wouldn't think this foundation would be soo good as it is so cheap. I have tried all big brands and I lovee this foundation. come back to it again and again. I use the colour nude which i find slighltlyy darker than my NC 30/NC 35 skin but i have a lot of blemishes that need covering. which it covers flawlessly!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Nicole46

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom used to work for Avon so the first powder I ever got was this one and I can say it will probably be the only powder I will ever use. I love this powder it doesn't clog my pores and it isn't really sparkly/shimmery like other loose mineral powders, I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect that powder to be that good , as it looks gritty & not smooth enough in the jar , but applied correctly it gives amazing results ..Here are my tips :
-The colour range is very misleading "Ivory" is the lightest shade though it looks much darker in the jar .Trust me .
- I bought it to set my under eye concealer & I think this is the best way to use it as it turns a medicore concealer into a perfect coverage without cakiness ( Think that concealer trick from Emily Noel on YT ...) but it's soooo cheap compared to the one recommended by her ..
- It must be applied with a natural brush , to pick the powder , I use a generic cheap brand , It
's a bit scratchy but its size is perfect for me ..
- Use the swirl , tap , buff method , I put a tiny amount in the lid and use this method,it is very buildable to the best coverage in that way & it will stay natural.
I hope that was helpful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by berlianips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely this powder, overall rating is good, but my husband don't like it. i don't know why

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Tasha1025

Having never used foundation before, I had been constantly searching for an easy-to-apply product,with a light coverage. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get on with heavy, liquid foundation. So I came across this in my avon catalogue, and thought I'd give it a try as it was on offer, you could buy any two products for £10 so I bought the foundation and the kabuki brush (which was fantastic considering the foundation alone was £10.50!).
Well, I can honestly say I love it! It blended so easily into my skin tone, which surprised me as I have such fair skin and can never normally find a shade to match (I have ivory). You could not tell it was there as it was so natural, but my skin looked so much better than normal. It blended away the redness and freckle-like things that I have.
I would definitely buy this again, even though it is a bit pricey, but worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Odette7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product recently in Ivory, having tried the Smooth Minerals liquid foundation and loving it, but wanting a "quickie" makeup for lazy days. I find the product lives up to its claims. It feels light, blends well with my skintone, doesn't irritate, and it provides a light coverage over a red area near my nose, which is all I want. I don't feel right with a full coverage makeup, so this is a good product for me. In fact, since I started using it, my flaky, sensitive, red area (caused by seborreic dermatitis) has actually improved. The staying power is not great and needs reapplying in the afternoon, but since it only takes a quick swirl of the brush, that doesn't bother me. Also, since it was quite cheap I think it was reasonable value for money. I bought it when there was a special offer with a free kabuki brush, and I must say that while I think the make-up is fine, the Avon kabuki brush is RUBBISH and I will be buying a decent one at my local makeup shop as soon as I am cashed-up. The brush is coarse and scratchy and not nice at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this. I also do not like this.
Likes
It's smooth
No scent
Coat friendly
Looks natural.

I actually don't wear powder foundation all that much. With the warmer months coming I always get a little more oily than I like. So, I used my MAC studio fix (also love hate) and Avon Smooth Minerals and applied one to each side of my face. Now I realize that they are different formulations. They are my only 2 powders though.

The avon one was lighter, definitely less flat. More glowy and didn't settle into lines. (Excluding my forehead line which everything's seems to sink in) it also kept my oily nose at bay. The DOWNER is it doesn't really last that long. I got about 5 good hours. After that you either wash off or redo your face!

The studio fix, although different, if applied wet, looks good. It takes work to achieve the desired effects and Avon you can apply easier and look much better:) I choose you Avon!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in the pressed version in light beige. I found that the colour suits me pretty well - maybe a tad too dark, but that will change come summer time! I find this product works best when you first apply a silicone primer. It looks flawless when you apply it at first, but if you want more coverage, I find that it cakes up when you start adding more. It's an okay product and I think I'll stick to using it as a mattifying powder over top of my BB cream as it works much better that way!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Didn't like anything about this product. Horrible shade range, messy
to apply, poor staying power and coverage. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by jcggirl84

I used this for awhile, I loved the coverage it gave without being cakey. It was also nice that it was a mineral makeup without being super expensive. However, my skin is now dry and flakey, which it NEVER was before, it's flaking so bad I'm getting red spots on my face. I've tried MANY different moisturizers hoping I could find something to counteract the drying out since I really like this makeup, but nothing made it better. After a few hours I always look super dried out. I'm going to have to switch back to a liquid makeup that doesn't dry out my skin....