December 17, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Soothingly Sensitive Aloe and Buttermilk Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My significant other chose this lotion for times when his skin gets dry and irritated because of the weather or shaving. As probably the majority of men, he doesn't routinely moisturize his skin, but whenever he does, with this lotion, I get carried away by the scent. It is my favorite scent out of all the Burt's Bees lotions. It smells so clean and warm, and probably reminds me of something my mom used to use when I was a kid. I rarely use this lotion myself, as I moisturize with coconut oil, but some nights I will apply it on my upper chest and arms, and feel so pampered. The consistency of this lotion is not too runny for me, and I am amazed at how quickly the lotion dries into my skin, leaving it silky smooth. I have also used this lotion when I am stressed and get a rash on my decolletage - it feels very soothing and helps to calm my skin down (and me). It costs $8 at most places, and that's quite nice for a soothing lotion that it is. Apparently, the scent can be a deal-breaker and it doesn't seem to work on very dry skin. Good thing that the product is not sealed and you can try a little before you buy. I would certainly buy this for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jenjen8000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a brilliant after sun. It has a refreshing, soothing smell as the aloe lifts the buttermilk so it isn't to rich or heavy smelling in hot weather. The consistency is perfect for me, not too thick and greasy but not too liquid and thin either. It soaks in well; by the time I have applied to my whole body and washed my hands I can put my clothes on :0) It keeps my skin moisturised for a good 12 hours. It may seem a bit expensive (£12 in the UK I think) but this is quite reasonable for a natural body moisturiser as they do tend to be higher priced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion and also the Baby Bee Buttermilk lotion which has slightly different ingredients (and is better)!
Unfortunately, the Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion product is no longer available.

I like the scent of the buttermilk lotion and it seems very soothing when applied on the skin. It makes for a good moisturizer, all year around. Price is high, for the quantity, and this product is not easily available in stores :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I adore this body lotion. It is super thick when it comes out but somehow melts into your skin beautifully without leaving behind a weird residue. I don't know how great this would be for excessively dry skin since my body skin is not that dry but for normal skin this is great. Took me a while to get used to the odd smell but now I am somehow addicted to this though I won't imagine everyone will enjoy it. Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by alina08

When I first started using this lotion, my intention was to put it on after the shower. I did not feel all that moisturized after putting it on, but the smell was nice, so I kept using it. It was only after I got a whopping sunburn in California that I discovered the best feature of this lotion- as an after-burn balm. I was so burned I could not sleep. My whole body hurt and no matter how much aloe vera gel I put on, I could not get comfortable. I avoided putting lotions on after showering because I had one really bad experience where I put scented lotion on after a shower and it burned even worse than the original sunburn. Finally, I gave in and put this lotion on. I could not believe the result. My skin did not feel dry and stiff (I could barely move at that point). It soothed the burning sensation, and as I reapplied throughout the day, my skin felt better and better. I could actually sleep later on that night (it was a miracle). So although this lotion leaves something to be desired as a normal lotion, it totally makes up for it in the sunburn department. I have never experienced such relief from a product after a sunburn. I would award this product five stars as an after-burn balm, but only three stars as a lotion, for an average of four stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by whdz050

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try a new lotion that has aloe, since the St. Ives Aloe and Chamomile was discontinued, but I bought this hoping it was going to be good for my skin and didn't work for me. It felt too heavy on my skin. Plus the smell is horrible, the lotion smelled exactly like hair dye to me. I will continue my search for a good lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Kaye143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being Black I am prone to really dry skin. Its a fact that we do have dry skin. The term "ashy" comes from our skin becoming dry and looking like ashes (white/grey), or cracked. It can be irritating if you dont moisturize every couple of days or everyday. I like for my skin to look good but not too oily. I guess silky and smooth is they way I like to look. This product is not really for those with dry skin. I bought it because I really like natural products and this one is 99% natural. Now, it says that its "24-Hour moisturization." Its not. I could put it on and look back at my arms, legs, and or feet in public and feel embarrassed. Why? It just vanishes. It does not moisturize. At all. I'll stick to natural oils from a woman I know. Over priced as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by nikksters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I also have a squeeze bottle and not a tube with that pop top, which is nice. I bought this because it came in a squeeze bottle (and not a bacteria-collecting tub) and because it has nice, natural ingredients.

The biggest con is the smell. My god, awful! Thankfully it doesn't last long and it's not very strong, but if you're leaning on your arm at the end of the day you can still smell it....

It's quick absorbing, not greasy at all. Unfortunately it hasn't been quite enough to hydrate my skin this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think they changed the packaging of this, because I have a squeeze tube rather than a bottle. Much easier.

Couldn't find the milk and honey, and needed to get a new body lotion, so I bought this.

To explain the smell...well it's obviously not great. But considering the combination of some of the ingredients (buttermilk powder, aloe, olive oil, beeswax, rosemary?) that are all fairly distinct and strong, I'm surprised it doesn't smell worse. Also, the added (natural) fragrance is very low on the ingredient list, and probably couldn't be strong enough to cover the other smells unless it was extremely strong and overwhelming.

The odd scent only lasts as I put it on, so I don't mind it. Especially considering the effectiveness of this lotion. It's full of good, natural oils and extracts, light, non-greasy, and good for oilier or sensitive skin. Check the ingredients though; some people are more sensitive to some plant extracts, and I think there must be an entire garden in the bottle.

Contains sunflower seed oil, beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, aloe leaf juice, buttermilk powder, chamomile extract, calendula flower extract, St. Johns Wort, rosemary extract, Linden flower extract, soybean oil, and canola oil.

Check the ingredients, especially if you have allergies.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by mochio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh; wanted something natural and nice smelling because my skin started to feel dry. NOPE! Comes in a squeeze tube & makes my skin soft (kind of thin formula) but not good enough to offset the chemical-plastic smell emanating from every inch of skin this lotion touches. Seriously, not a nice smell. 8 bucks at my local drugstore. How does aloe and buttermilk turn into this??! Return!