April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Blush - Becca - Beach Tint in Watermelon

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is in my top 5 favorite beauty products! I have a drawer full of traditional lipsticks, stains, and glosses that I ignore because this stuff is foolproof! First, I love the packaging because it is easy to use, not prone to breakage, and is space economical. I don't understand how some say this is hard to use. My mature mom who is pretty makeup illiterate (sorry mom love you!) has used this successfully. You need a tiny amount of this, start small and you can build up the intensity. I find that a lot of bad reviews (in general not just for this product) are because people simply use too much product. Watch a Lisa Eldridge video and see how little product she uses. Sorry, pet peeve. -------------------------------------
The color watermelon is gorgeous on all skin tones, it adds even tone and pigmentation to my very pigmented lips. If I use two layers of this and a dab of fresh sugar rose lip treatment, I look like I'm wearing a gorgeous red berry lipstick. One coat is great for more natural days, beach days, even if I'm doing a heavier eye and I want a low key lip.
--------------------------------------Lasting power is about 6-8 hours depending if I eat something oily. If I'm drinking water, wine, eating light snacks, it stays put. I've had no problem with separation and I've had mine for over 2 years. I make sure not to introduce air into the tube when dispensing product. Just squeeze it out, as you would with toothpaste. I also use the residual product from my fingers (please don't use a brush or sponge for application, this was designed for finger application!!!) as a subtle blush when I'm wearing no foundation or sheer foundation as I have a lot of redness in my cheeks already. This is a beautiful product. I hope they never discontinue if. I have raspberry and love that color as well (I find the watermelon more useful for the fresh faced look I usually go for). I think if you like fresh beautiful more natural looks, then you will love this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pigmentation of this is almost a bit too much. Its hard not to overapply. The color of watermelon is just a medium red. Nothing special about it. I had to throw mine away cause it always separated. It was a pain to apply (especially in the mornings). When I squeezed the tube, pink oily water would come out. I had to keep squeezing until the real product came out. It wasnt worth it for me. The color wasnt special enough. It did last the whole day on my oily skin but it looked patchy sometimes. I still have one in the color fig. It hasnt separated yet but I will throw it away if it starts to. The watermelon one broke after 1 year :/ It would be okay if the price was cheaper but I dont think its worth the pricetag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have several of these Beach Tints, and Watermelon is my favorite. I've decided I like it better for lips. I don't like the way it feels on my cheeks. It's like you can feel a layer of it sitting on top of your face, every time your face makes an expression you can just feel that something is there. It's not the easiest cream blush to work with either, I have some issues with it going a little patchy, despite many different application methods.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Lovelashes88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe for buying this product. You have to play with the tube a little so it dose not come out watery. However a little goes a long way. What this product oxidize it leaves a nice stain, however if you put a touch of your favorite gloss in the center of your lips it looks simply amazing. I like it better for the lips

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You get 7ml of product in a handy little tube. The smell of the beach tints are fruity and sweet. However, they don't have an overpowering fruity scent, which is good!

I am so pleased with these tints because on my combination skin they have lasted and don’t budge. Some days I haven’t been using powder because my skin has been on the drier side and I am just amazed at how long it lasts on my skin. The tints are water resistant, which makes it ideal for the summer months (if we get one in the UK) or if you're going on holiday!

I love the look that the beach tints give my skin. It just appears radiant and naturally glowing. The shades do not appear overpowering at all and just seems like a natural flush to the cheeks.

The one thing that I find annoying is that the colours are not printed on the individual tubes, so I have no idea which shade I am using! They are only printed on the box they come in, so I have taken the round label from the box and stuck it on the tube!

Full post and pictures can be found here: http://goo.gl/bufy8q

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by tokiomama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 4 of the colors and I have to say this is my Favorite. The color is very pretty neutral pink. Reminds me a lot of the Nars dolce Vita line i love so much. It's great on my Neutral-warm dry skin skin. what i love about beach tints the most is how easy to blend they are! Nothing beats them and ive tried illamasqua and nars cream blushes. I also think this color might show up on ALL skin tones, just that darker women would need to add a second layer.

Packaging:
the packaging is a rubber tube with a plastic cap and i love it for this! it's great because it really helps dispensing the perfect amount of product depending on how hard you squeeze (ive had other bottle like this dispense on their own and make a mess, this product doesnt have this issue)

formula isuues-tips:
I didn't have this problem with this color but with Grapefruit I did. i had leakage ( like clear liquid separating from the color and coming out instead of the color), and from what I've heard other pple have to (only with grapefruit). ( the trick is to run it under hot water then knead the tube -with the cap closed).

Smell:
the smell is not like chemical gross fake candy watermelon like i was expecting. its very faint, and it smells like a clean and natural watermelon, I really liked that. The smell goes away after applying.

Uses/wear: i use this on my lips and cheeks. Girls might find it drying on the lips but I don't think it's awful, it kind of feels like youre wearing a very light dab of semi-matte lipstick .

this color lasts all day on my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by princessrox136

I bought this from Sephora in a dual kit with Fig. However there was a mix-up and I got two of Watermelon instead. I believe the kit was $16. I think I made out like a bandit with this one. Each tube is 4 ml so together that's 8ml. It costs $25 for 7ml. I really like it too. On my lips it looks like I have this beautiful rosy natural lip color (instead of my undead pale actual lip color) and on my cheeks it gives me a flushed color (remember ladies, blending is your friend!) I'm an NW 15 for shade reference. I really like this for a natural "no make-up" look. I can understand why it's called beach tint, it makes you look like you've been frolicking at the beach all day. I think I have enough to last for a lifetime but if I do happen to run out I would probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by stupidstarfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best thing about this product is that it looks very natural. When I have it on, people either ask me if I just got sunburnt, or if I have a rash. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but at least it looks natural. The colour is warm-reddish, so maybe it doesn't suit my pale skin tone. Usually, cooler pinks work for me better.

*BUT* this is great for lips. I usually find cheek & lip tints to be quite drying most of the time, but this doesn't dry my lips, so now I use it as a lip tint and it looks so pretty and natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference I'm NC30 (leaning olive) with combo/dry clog prone skin.
Let me just start with this; I wanted to love beach tints but it wasn't meant to be. Beach tints come in a small tube (0.24 oz) and sell for $25.00, obscenely expensive for a small amount of sub-par product. The formula reminds me of gauche/watercolor, formula looks pigmented but actually comes out as a watery gel tint. Watermelon is one of the more pigmented shades and appears slightly orangey red on my skintone.
The tint is fairly natural in terms of finish and melting into skin... and then melting away entirely; staying power is terrible. The tint lasted only an hour or two before fading completely from both lips and cheeks My not-so-rigorous test included walking, and taking a low impact pilates class. If these at least stained or lasted I would gladly pay $1 per 1/100 of an ounce but my Bonne Belle gel blushes outstay Becca. I can't imagine someone with normal or even oily skin getting any wear considering they slide right off combo/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Becca Beach Tints are a multi-use cream stain product that can be used on the cheeks and lips. They claim to be water-resistant and kiss-proof and they smell just like their names.

Because I live in a very hot climate, these are a holy grail product for me. They stay on all day, come in a beautiful range of colors, can be used as blush and lip color, and I don't need a brush to apply. Unlike many cream and liquid blushes, these aren't greasy or oily at all. They dry down and set pretty quickly and I can't feel them on my skin.

Watermelon is a bright rose shade... In my opinion, it is one of the most universally flattering. I have uploaded swatches of the 8 shades I own (they are also posted under other Beach Tint reviews as well).