Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon

4.2

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Oxidized Polyethylene,Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene,Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Propylene Carbonate,Parfum (Fragrance), Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492,CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Red 36 CI 12085 , Red 7 CI15850, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985,Ultramarines CI 77007, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090

on 10/9/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another tint review from me. I was pleasantly impressed for the following:
Colour - depending on application a highly pigmented soft raspberry/red colour.
Staying power - for everyday I just add the tint to lips and cheeks and a touch of gloss. I don't reapply until 5 hrs later on lips. But if you eat something with oil you'll need to reapply before then. Night time I have tried it then applied lipstick over the top, it maintains the tint underneath very well.
Other- I have a peeve, I don't like the fact that you need to either warm up the tube or try and shake the product before application. You don't have to do this but it has this annoying way of spilling out oil, it's not unpleasant but it's wasteful and the product isn't cheap.
I do like the taste though very nice.
My tip is teeny amount as it is a highly pigmented product and you are better to go light and reapply to increase colour. This colour is really beautiful and can carry you into all seasons. I do prefer it to been tint as I think this has a bit more warmth to it.
I'd buy again definitely and would like to try guava and dragon fruit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product, the color is pretty though nothing really special and it lasts all day on the cheeks (it doesn't last long for me on the lips). I find the texture to be light and comfortable, non-greasy and good staying power in the humidity. I took off two lippies because of the separation problem. If you forget to shake the tube before squeezing, you get a flood of pink water all over the place. This is wasteful, annoying and costs time that I never have in the morning. Overall it's not a bad product but I won't be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted ByTerry liquid blush that was released for summer 2014 but an preservative that is a major irritant for me sits high up on the ingredients list so I had to take a pass on it. To make up for the disappointment I looked into Becca's cheek/lip stain. For reference I'm an nc44/45 skintone. This stuff is actually foolproof. It doesn't set on you within seconds so you have some time to blend it out or build up color. I love it. It gives me a nice pinky glow and it dries down to a matte finish. There is no glitter or shimmer or any kind. It just gives you a nice glow within. I have yet to try it on my lips and I highly doubt I'll go there because my lips are pigmented and I highly doubt it will show up with just a smidgen of product. It doesnt take much product on my cheeks. Best applied using fingertips. And the wear time is awesome....even during hot humid days here in FL. A great buy and worth its pricetag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is in my top 5 favorite beauty products! I have a drawer full of traditional lipsticks, stains, and glosses that I ignore because this stuff is foolproof! First, I love the packaging because it is easy to use, not prone to breakage, and is space economical. I don't understand how some say this is hard to use. My mature mom who is pretty makeup illiterate (sorry mom love you!) has used this successfully. You need a tiny amount of this, start small and you can build up the intensity. I find that a lot of bad reviews (in general not just for this product) are because people simply use too much product. Watch a Lisa Eldridge video and see how little product she uses. Sorry, pet peeve. -------------------------------------
The color watermelon is gorgeous on all skin tones, it adds even tone and pigmentation to my very pigmented lips. If I use two layers of this and a dab of fresh sugar rose lip treatment, I look like I'm wearing a gorgeous red berry lipstick. One coat is great for more natural days, beach days, even if I'm doing a heavier eye and I want a low key lip.
--------------------------------------Lasting power is about 6-8 hours depending if I eat something oily. If I'm drinking water, wine, eating light snacks, it stays put. I've had no problem with separation and I've had mine for over 2 years. I make sure not to introduce air into the tube when dispensing product. Just squeeze it out, as you would with toothpaste. I also use the residual product from my fingers (please don't use a brush or sponge for application, this was designed for finger application!!!) as a subtle blush when I'm wearing no foundation or sheer foundation as I have a lot of redness in my cheeks already. This is a beautiful product. I hope they never discontinue if. I have raspberry and love that color as well (I find the watermelon more useful for the fresh faced look I usually go for). I think if you like fresh beautiful more natural looks, then you will love this!

on 1/22/2014 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The pigmentation of this is almost a bit too much. Its hard not to overapply. The color of watermelon is just a medium red. Nothing special about it. I had to throw mine away cause it always separated. It was a pain to apply (especially in the mornings). When I squeezed the tube, pink oily water would come out. I had to keep squeezing until the real product came out. It wasnt worth it for me. The color wasnt special enough. It did last the whole day on my oily skin but it looked patchy sometimes. I still have one in the color fig. It hasnt separated yet but I will throw it away if it starts to. The watermelon one broke after 1 year :/ It would be okay if the price was cheaper but I dont think its worth the pricetag.

on 12/5/2013 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have several of these Beach Tints, and Watermelon is my favorite. I've decided I like it better for lips. I don't like the way it feels on my cheeks. It's like you can feel a layer of it sitting on top of your face, every time your face makes an expression you can just feel that something is there. It's not the easiest cream blush to work with either, I have some issues with it going a little patchy, despite many different application methods.

on 9/16/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wish there was a maybe for buying this product. You have to play with the tube a little so it dose not come out watery. However a little goes a long way. What this product oxidize it leaves a nice stain, however if you put a touch of your favorite gloss in the center of your lips it looks simply amazing. I like it better for the lips

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

You get 7ml of product in a handy little tube. The smell of the beach tints are fruity and sweet. However, they don't have an overpowering fruity scent, which is good!

I am so pleased with these tints because on my combination skin they have lasted and don’t budge. Some days I haven’t been using powder because my skin has been on the drier side and I am just amazed at how long it lasts on my skin. The tints are water resistant, which makes it ideal for the summer months (if we get one in the UK) or if you're going on holiday!

I love the look that the beach tints give my skin. It just appears radiant and naturally glowing. The shades do not appear overpowering at all and just seems like a natural flush to the cheeks.

The one thing that I find annoying is that the colours are not printed on the individual tubes, so I have no idea which shade I am using! They are only printed on the box they come in, so I have taken the round label from the box and stuck it on the tube!

Full post and pictures can be found here: http://goo.gl/bufy8q

I bought this from Sephora in a dual kit with Fig. However there was a mix-up and I got two of Watermelon instead. I believe the kit was $16. I think I made out like a bandit with this one. Each tube is 4 ml so together that's 8ml. It costs $25 for 7ml. I really like it too. On my lips it looks like I have this beautiful rosy natural lip color (instead of my undead pale actual lip color) and on my cheeks it gives me a flushed color (remember ladies, blending is your friend!) I'm an NW 15 for shade reference. I really like this for a natural "no make-up" look. I can understand why it's called beach tint, it makes you look like you've been frolicking at the beach all day. I think I have enough to last for a lifetime but if I do happen to run out I would probably repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The best thing about this product is that it looks very natural. When I have it on, people either ask me if I just got sunburnt, or if I have a rash. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but at least it looks natural. The colour is warm-reddish, so maybe it doesn't suit my pale skin tone. Usually, cooler pinks work for me better.

*BUT* this is great for lips. I usually find cheek & lip tints to be quite drying most of the time, but this doesn't dry my lips, so now I use it as a lip tint and it looks so pretty and natural.

Top Rated Becca Products