September 1, 2014 | 2042 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio (for women)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The name, Acqua di Gioia, is Italian for "Water of Joy".. so cute! I would describe the scent and fresh, aquatic and clean. This a complex and light scent, not like that sickly sweet crap that some celebrities are releasing.

Simply close your eyes, breathe in this delectable scent, and you feel as if you are lounging in the sun on the beautiful Italian island.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by liorak

HG perfume along with my Chanel Coco Mademoiselle au de toilette. This smells so lovely, and different than all other perfumes I own! Its like blueberries and light scented flowers. So light yet, strong enough to draw people in. Definitely for any age rage. I myself am early 20s, and recently got this for my aunt that is in her 60s. It is not so sweet that you smell like a little girl. And not strong like the typical old granny scents. It is light and fresh but still strong enough. Really recommend for anyone. And a perfect gift for a loved one! I got this for 40$ at a perfume boutique type thing, inside an authentic clothing store.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebec

This fragrance was really disappointing. Thought I would try it as I adore Armani she. To me it smells boring and way to fruity. Not one I would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this fragrance at all. It smells too much like a common scent. Like something that's been done over and over by other companies in the form of drugstore body sprays. Very clean and flat. Doesn't have different complex notes to it. More of a clean-cut, clean linen type of scent. That might sound great, but that's something I can get from a drugstore body spray. For the price I want it to wow me when I apply it, when it starts to dry down, and when it reacts to my natural chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Fleurine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

One that I can't believe I like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this fragrance when I was in my mid-20s. I used to spray some on every trip to Sephora but never bought my own bottle. Now at 38, I thought of it again and ordered a small decant just to be sure. And glad I did because this fragrance doesn't suit me anymore.

I appreciate the fresh, citrusy, watery notes, but I found the whole presentation too sharp, one-dimensional, and lacking in complexity. What you get when you spray it on is how this scent stays until it fades away, which on me was about three hours, not very good longevity.

My overall emotional impressions were that this smelled cheap (which it is not) and too young. And that made me ponder and realize: I loved this when I was 25—at that time, the only thing I cared about fragrances what that they not smell "old lady." The dreaded Old Lady Perfume. Now Acqua di Gio smells like a Little Girl Body Spray to me. Thus, I'm sure the current crop of 25-year-olds get a whiff of me wearing a beautiful, complex, layered fragrance like 24 Faubourg and write it off as Old Lady. And guess what? I don't care!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The rating really should be 4.5. Took .5 off because it doesn't last long on me. Lovely light aquatic/floral fragrance. I detect a bit of sweet pea and freesia, but definetly has more of an acquatic vibe.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

It is not a perfume that will impress you the first time. When I first get it I think it is okay, fresh and kind of "my cup of tea." But after having it quite a while, I think it is more than just fresh. I can just tell you that it smell so gorgeous, and you have to give some time to know the amazing depth it gives. I will say I feel like I am a sexy wise woman who wear professional outfit in the daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sarah4250

I don't know why I didn't try this before, because this is a really unique, pleasant scent. It reminds me of a pending thunderstorm on a warm summer day. Watery, but warm, and soothing. I prefer this to the Acqua Di Gioia, as I find that one too sharp, and not as long lasting. I would buy this for the summer to have on hand. It is lovely and the lasting power is amazing on me, over 8 hours. I can see why this got a good review in Luca Turin's book. It's very well done.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. This really does smell like an air freshener. It's a "crisp" scent, but smells like someone sprayed too much Renuzit. Way too overpowering.