November 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

This scent contains lemon and cranberry. It is to light, sweet and fresh almost like a real fruit!! I would repurchase. The only downside, it doesn't last hours on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

To me this smells very sweet and chocolatey... Very irritating and lingers... Sickly! Not for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I *love* Ange ou Demon EDP. I would rename this "The Haunting". It's like a soft subtle shadow of sultriness -- dark, eerie, exotic -- like something a witch would wear on Halloween night.

Released in 2006, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes: Lily, Orchid, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Rosewood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

I like this original better than its flankers Ange Ou Demon "Le Secret" and "Le Secret Elixir" because those two are so fruity, and I don't love fruitiness. This original Ange ou Demon does not give a fruity impression at all -- it's an oriental, on the order of Armani Code, I think. A soft subtle "noir" shadowy dark exotic mmmm scent.

Not strong or overpowering at all -- it's subtly dark & moody & sexy -- full of undertones & nuance & mystery. I feel like I can hide in it -- it has a cloaking quality. Perfect for nighttime & Fall & Winter, but I would wear it anytime. Just because it makes me feel good, and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite! I once had the Hot Culture collection N.1, but I guess they discontinued with it. So I decided to Try Ange ou Demon, which I find it's very similar. I love perfumes with woody and spicy notes, but it's alsways very difficult to find something I really like.
The lasting power is ok, not the best, it's not too strong. But I am ok with that, I give it 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bfever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells absolutely beautiful. I tried it out at a duty free at the airport this past week and sniffed my wrist throughout my whole 5 hour flight. When I got back home,the first thing I did was order it. It is such a beautiful scent, & lasts on your skin for a long time. The initial dry down is amazing. After a night out, I could still smell on my skin the following morning-and it vaguely smells like fading men's cologne, it's quite sexy actually :-) Overall Ange ou Demon is a wonderful scent hands hands down, it's pure intoxication!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Very sexy fragrance. My husband loves this on me. While it smells good I never want to wear it daily, it's more of a special occasion perfume like angel by Thierry mugler.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by touchtheflame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this, one of my absolute favourites. My husband buys me this three or four times a year and I always get asked about it when I wear it
I love the contradictions it contains, it's light and powdery, almost soft
And yet
It's deep and dark and sensual and has mystery and allure
I am both the angel and the demon and this reflects me so, so well
My female friends adore it on me, although it does not smell the same on them admittedly, but it does suit my body's chemistry perfectly
My male friends are entranced and intrigued and always ask what it is
My husband loves loves loves this on me, and it lasts all day, all night and it still on my skin the next morning
Brilliant brilliant fragrance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I want to give it a 3.5 to be honest since it was one of my favorites.

the scent is more of a winter/fall smell with a mix of oriental spices and a touch of floral to it, a very sophisticated scent.

the perfume is odd. when you put it on it seems to be too strong but withen one hour the smell starts to break down. it doesn't last with me =/

also the bottle is not travel friendly, the cap isn't secured at all so I can never carry it with me...

it seems to make an impression on people though, last year I wore it to a family gathering and got asked about it alot. that same year on my birthday I received a grand total of 6 bottles (all full size) of the stuff. do I really need that much of it X3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by vodka2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first got this scent in a small bottle from a gift box that contained some different perfumes. I absolutely love it. To me it smells floral, soapy, citrusy and spicy. I kept trying to think of which spice it reminds me of, and I think it is aniseed, though I haven't seen anyone else mention this. After wearing it for a few days from the small bottle, I went and bought the big size last week, it's very expensive, but I am willing to pay for a scent that I really like.

There are two downsides - one is it doesn't seem to last on me. When you first spray it, it seems very intense and like you might have sprayed too much but a few hours later and I can barely smell it, unless I put my nose right where I sprayed it. The other downside to me is that the top seems like it doesn't go on tight enough. I am about to go overseas next week, and worry about whether it might spill. I still have the box so I might put it in there when I do travel with it.

I've been wearing this fragrance every day (to work and on weekends) since I got it, and I do own a lot of other fragrances so that says something about how much I love it.

I am just editing this review to add that it's over a year since I wrote this review, and I am still using this scent every day!! Totally love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got bottle #3 from my daughter for Christmas, so obviously this is one of my favourites.
I love fragrances, but am usually a "signature scent" kinda gal. My signature was Escada Magnetism, but it's so hard to find now. So, I made the switch to Ange ou Demon. And, people have been able to recognize me by the scent (not in a bad way)

Ange ou Demon is a sophisticated Oriental Floral fragrance that's best suited to evenings out and fall/winter, although I'll wear this any time. It's definitely a complex fragrance, with heady floral notes that seem sweet, utterly feminine and somehow innocent. But, as it starts to dry down, those dark, oriental notes take over, without ever losing the feminine florals. It's a very sophisticated, sensual, sexy fragrance. Definitely my current HG, though I have snapped out of my "signature scent" phase and now wear fragrances that suit my mood or the occasion - JPG Classique, Thierry Mugler Womanity, Prada Candy.

Ange ou Demon has fantastic staying power - no need to reapply.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No