Givenchy Ange ou Demon

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm sort of savoring the last bit of this one in my bottle.. This is a very polarizing and weird scent, one minute it's very powdery, soapy and feminine, but the next it's almost masculine and very musky. It changes so much throughout the life of the scent, and it's hard to pin down exactly what I'm smelling.The first spray is my favorite part, it's very sensual and spicy with lots of saffron and cardamom, but then it drifts into a warm lily, white musk, and amber scent. I find this scent very mysterious, witchy, sexy, and beautiful. I can see how some people think it's a bit "old Lady" though, but that's just fine with me. I prefer the old lady scents most of the time anyway, and this one reminds me a bit of Chantilly , but much more spicy and sexy. I have both the parfum and toilette. I prefer the parfum and I think it's great for cold weather, nights, or rainy weather, but the lighter version is better for summer and day use.

I wish they had not discontinued this. At least I think it's discontinued, because I never see it in the shops here. I preferred this one over the other fruity flanker, which seemed to do better, but I have no idea why. This one is more unique and lasts longer. I love perfumes that I can smell for hours and hours, because I don't like respraying my perfume. And I don't like spraying a lot of perfume anyway, this one reminds me of Dior's Addict in that I can spray one or two squirts and I'm good for the day.

on 2/11/2015 10:02:00 AM

This perfume smell exactly like axe men's body spray I don't really care for it .

on 2/11/2015 9:09:00 AM

This one did not work for me. On my skin this is very heavy and sweet. It also has an old musty, powdery smell to it. It does stay on a long time and the bottle is pretty. I enjoy the flankers of this, but sadly not this one. I will not repurchase.

on 11/5/2014 10:54:00 PM

This scent contains lemon and cranberry. It is to light, sweet and fresh almost like a real fruit!! I would repurchase. The only downside, it doesn't last hours on the skin.

on 8/3/2014 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

To me this smells very sweet and chocolatey... Very irritating and lingers... Sickly! Not for me

on 8/2/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like Ange ou Demon EDP. I would rename this "The Haunting". It's like a soft subtle shadow of sultriness -- dark, eerie, exotic -- like something a witch would wear on Halloween night.

Released in 2006, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes: Lily, Orchid, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Rosewood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

I like this original better than its flankers Ange Ou Demon "Le Secret" and "Le Secret Elixir" because those two are so fruity, and I don't love fruitiness. This original Ange ou Demon does not give a fruity impression at all -- it's an oriental, on the order of Armani Code, I think. A soft subtle "noir" shadowy dark exotic mmmm scent.

Not strong or overpowering at all -- it's subtly dark & moody & sexy -- full of undertones & nuance & mystery. I feel like I can hide in it -- it has a cloaking quality. Perfect for nighttime & Fall & Winter, but I would wear it anytime. Just because it makes me feel good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My favorite! I once had the Hot Culture collection N.1, but I guess they discontinued with it. So I decided to Try Ange ou Demon, which I find it's very similar. I love perfumes with woody and spicy notes, but it's alsways very difficult to find something I really like.
The lasting power is ok, not the best, it's not too strong. But I am ok with that, I give it 5 stars.

on 6/22/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This smells absolutely beautiful. I tried it out at a duty free at the airport this past week and sniffed my wrist throughout my whole 5 hour flight. When I got back home,the first thing I did was order it. It is such a beautiful scent, & lasts on your skin for a long time. The initial dry down is amazing. After a night out, I could still smell on my skin the following morning-and it vaguely smells like fading men's cologne, it's quite sexy actually :-) Overall Ange ou Demon is a wonderful scent hands hands down, it's pure intoxication!

on 1/17/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Very sexy fragrance. My husband loves this on me. While it smells good I never want to wear it daily, it's more of a special occasion perfume like angel by Thierry mugler.

Love this, one of my absolute favourites. My husband buys me this three or four times a year and I always get asked about it when I wear it
I love the contradictions it contains, it's light and powdery, almost soft
And yet
It's deep and dark and sensual and has mystery and allure
I am both the angel and the demon and this reflects me so, so well
My female friends adore it on me, although it does not smell the same on them admittedly, but it does suit my body's chemistry perfectly
My male friends are entranced and intrigued and always ask what it is
My husband loves loves loves this on me, and it lasts all day, all night and it still on my skin the next morning
Brilliant brilliant fragrance