October 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Fusion Soft Lights - Guru

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful blush! I'm especially into the blushes that require blending, that aren't solid colours. I find that they provide a much more natural, and thus flattering, finish.

Guru has exceptional staying power. It's a soft-toned blush, but it is buildable and can make quite a statement if you focus your application. It has a beautiful finish with a touch of shimmer that lends itself to an overall dewy and fresh look.

Beyond that, as the colours are nicely positioned within the blush itself, you can focus on which end of the spectrum you'd prefer to use, opting for a darker or lighter mixture of colour as the occasion calls for it.

Way to go Smashbox! I'd definitely repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

RIS and this is maybe one of the most perfect blush/highlighters I've ever used. I was a little afraid of it at first, since it's pretty dark and more pigmented than most of the Softlights I've tried - but wow- this is spot on for a natural, kind of tanned-like blush. I don't know where the "tan" comes from, since this is mostly plums, but it's awesome.

This is a great blush for when you're looking for a more sophisticated, understated blush color - and there's no sparkle whatsoever. I like this b/c I get tired of using bronzer every day - will be a good one for winter when my tan (what I get, anyway) fades.

Perfect 10. Loving this brand. Very happy with this product and will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Contains the following coloured stripes: Shimmering burgundy, pale lilac, deep grape purple, light golden pink and peach. Guru is definitely a blush colour and has a gorgeous Berry tint. Of the three Fusions I have currently, Guru is the most pigmented. However it still has the same soft, glowing finish of the other Softlights thus making it a good product for both pale and more tanned/olive skin tones.
As with the original Softlights the size is huge! At 9.5g they are over double the size of a Bobbi Brown blush and comfortably larger than Mac, Shu and Stilaís regular line blushers. They sit a mere .5 of a gram smaller than Macís Mineralized Skinfinishes, which are also known for their generous sizes. So swirling a large, fluffy brush around a Softlights Fusion pan is no problem at all. So i may not ever finish one up, but I would purchase again if something ever happened to guru.
Click continue for pics-

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Big pot with five stripes of shimmering sheer color for use as blush, highlighter, eyeshadow: golden peach, pale rose, mid-tone plum, dusty pink, medium red-toned brown. Very silky and smooth texture. I sweep my brush over the whole thing for a warm rosy to plummy glow on my AAB/NC25 cheeks; can be layered for more color.

Packaging - Nice large size for working in a fluffy brush (same size as full-size Soft Lights). Stripes are wide enough for an e/s brush. Big clear lid so you don't have to fumble and check the label for the shade name.

Overall - Lovely and versatile. The color is richer than some of the other Fusion Soft Lights. Definitely a good snag if you like multi-purpose items. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 6:17:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been looking forward to trying this for ages and although I like the colours in this version the quality was very cheap. The colours are quite highly pigmented and it was easy to put too much on despite my very soft Body Shop brush and they didn't last very long either.
I like the concept of multi-colours in one product and especially that they aren't all mixed up as with Laura Geller in which case you might get more of one colour than others.
shame the powders weren't very good. Am put off buying other Smashbox products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by shushkin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fab, I have tried loads of blushers over the years (just like everybody else I'm sure!) but this is the tops. Particularly great with my fake tan. I have an oily olive complexion with dark brown hair. Last and lasts with a delicate sheen. I can use sections as eyeshadow too. I cant fault it. High praise indeed from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For reference, I am a brunette MAC NW20 with warm freckles and dark brown eyes. Smashbox Guru is another great Fusion Softlight. It is a generously sized round multi-color blush that comes in a screw-top packaging. The shades are: soft peach, soft rose, plum, soft lavendar and medium reddish brown. This prouct has both, warm and cool undertones, without shades ever clashing: all go together harmoniously. The shades can be used as e/s or blush, and to keep it wearable as a blush, the shades are not too heavily pigmented. Be aware of that if you want to use them on your lids. The plum eg is not suitable to be used as a dark liner. However, they are perfect for a subtle EOTD. I love the way this products works as blush, for two main reasons: a) they never look blotchy. Since your brush will always apply more than one color, there is little you can do wrong about applying this. You will not end up with a huge spot of dark color on yor cheeks, and neither will you look washed out because there isn't enough color. This always applies perfectly, and the end result is a perfectly balanced and blended pop of color. And b) you can get more than one shade out of this. If you want a subtle blush, swirl your brush mainly around the lighter shades, if you want it to be bit more dramatic, pick up more of the plum and red-brown. In any case, your blush will have a very very very subtle opalescent sheen. The shimmer you can see in the pictures is hardly noticable (no disco ball effect on your cheeks) but adds dimension. The texture is ultra-smooth, and long-lasting, both on your skin and in the pan. I would say this blush looks perfect with plum, purple, berry and pink lips. For a very elegant-yet-fresh daytime look I like wearing the shades on my lid and using them as a blush. Perfect color harmony, even for the more challenged color comnbiners among us (like myself).
continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 8:40:00 PM More reviews by hajamom

This is a beautiful blush. It has great staying power for a powder blush. For my light/medium skin, it gives me a nice pink glow. If you use your brush on just the lighter stripes it also allows you to highlight. As usual, with Smashbox cosmetics, there is no scent and in this case no glitter. I will probably use this on most days. I also hope that it can be bought on its own at some point. This one was worth the kit all on its own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a shopping channel kit and I like it if I put this on first then my foundation over it other wise it comes out to pink/red on my cheeks.I have pretty pale skin.But looks awesome under foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received in a kit by QVC. I honestly can't even remember the other items from the kit but use the Guru Fusion Soft Lights almost every day. It gives me the perfect berry blush color. I love it and hope that it will be sold alone as once I run out I definitely want to replace.