December 20, 2014 | 913 users online

Cleansers - Avon - Clearskin Purifying Gel Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy these in bulk from avon.com when they are on sale. We love them. They foam nicely, are unscented, and are excellent for oily skin. I used to buy the salicylic acid cleanser that Neutrogena makes, but this has the same active ingredients and is less than 1/3 of the price when on sale. I also use my free shipping coupons too. I highly recommend this for anyone with oily skin and a tight budget.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Cammyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel cleanser is refreshing and has a very clean, pleasant scent. It is gel so like most gels it will slip off. So you transform the gel into a cream by rubbing it in between your hands. Its good for combination skin in my opinion. It's inexpensive and it does the job. It washes away my makeup, running mascara, etc. Leaving my face looking and feeling fresh.

* Upadate: This cleanser did nothing in combating break outs and cleaning out the impurities in my pores. I went back to my old facial cream cleanser and my skin is clearing up again. It did smell nice and felt nice but did nothing in terms of working.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for oily skin. It has a pump dispenser - a big plus for me. Refreshing scent, not too overpowering, just smells clean. It has salycilic acid which is perfect for my oily t-zone. I don't apply it directly to my face, I pump twice into my hands, add a little water and rub into a lather before applying it to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kebby

I am dissapointed with this cleanser, because I feel that it would do an excellent job if only my skin could tolerate it. My skin is oily/combination, and I always use an antibacterial cleanser, often opting for one that contains salicylic acid. I nearly always opt for a cleanser for sensitive skin, but can sometimes get away with 'normal skin' hence trying this one, unfortunatly it left my skin red dry and itchy. I want to like it though, becuae it smells good, really feels as if it is cleansing, and initially left me skin smooth and oil free. Sadly because I couldn't test it long term i cant tell you about its blemish fighting ability. Try this if you like the sensation of a really deep effective clean, and only if your skin is touch enough to handle it! Excellent price 1.25 on offer, and clean simple packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This cleanser usually goes on sale for $2.15 at Avon website. It's gel based so it doesn't stay on your skin when you massage it on; it keeps falling off. So you need to rub between your palm to create foam first. It strips away my natural oils, so my skin feels tight afterward. I have oily skin and this is too drying! I would stay away although the pump is convenient and the price is so cheap. But it causes excessive oil production, so I will not rebuy.