July 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Body Smooth Sensation Daily Lotion for Dry Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore Nivea products and this body lotion is no exception. I use this daily after showering. It has a very faint scent and absorbs quickly. It moisturizes very effectively without being too greasy or too thin, so I can use it in the summer or the winter. There's about 17 oz of product (I bought it at Rite Aid for about $5), so you get a lot of bang for your buck. I highly recommend this for an everyday lotion, it's very effective and non-irritating. I will continue to purchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by moonkhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi all..with my first review ever in my life..i am a makeupalley fan n believe to see reviews before i buy something shampoo lotion conditioner body wash makeup etcetc..about nivea m a fan of nivea lotions ..i first used to use nivea mineral plus body lotion that was good enough then i bought nivea whitening body lotion n now its nivea express hydration..i liked three of them the most..butlet me say here where i live changes suddenly n harshly..unlike winters here early summers from march to june are very dry and hot..sun burns the skin like anything n hot winds r annoying n verymuch dry..hot winds just take the whole moisture from body in seconds..so i changed my nivea lotions according to body needs..for last two months(from mid march april n now mid of may) i felt extremely dry skin n wrinkles all iver body especially hands feet arma and face..even nivea mineral compmex lotion failed to moisturize the burnt skin..i got tan n dry..m also facing eczema all over body for last two years so my skin has got super dry n super sensitive..i picked this lotion in mart just to try this as it claims instant rehydration without feeling u greasy..n nivea is a trusted brand ..now ysing this for last 3weaks..n m so amused to see results..skin is super hydrated moisturised n feels so soft..i have no issues with fragrance as it disappears 15mins after applying..m also observing that my ingrown hair are coming out easily..i have ingrown hair everywher on body i wax..legs underlegs underarms and arms..it makes skin so soft that hair grows out easily..price is so affoardable n results are superb..the only thing m feeling that it makes u more tan makes skin to get tan easily( which is a big dislike of mine as m highly in love with my medium fair complexion) my hubby keeps on saying honey u r looking tan just take care of ur skin..n i think its bcz of this lotion m using only thos product these days ..so can blame only this lotion..otherwise m completely fine n happy with results except that one i mentioned..i highly recomend the product for those who have dry sensitive wrinkle prone skin which gets dehydrated so fast..i would buy tha lotion again till my skin demand different according to weather change

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by clearasday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

absolutely love this lotion! its thick but not too greasy. gets absorbed into the skin right away though the fragrance is somethibg I would like to change. But I think I have found my HG moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My search for my favorite body lotion is over, this is it. I'm very picky with body lotions & the majority I've tried, I'm never happy with. Before this, I was continuously on the hunt for a body lotion like this, it meets all my criteria. This has got to be the most hydrating, softening & smoothing body lotion I've ever tried for my dry skin, it's amazing. The consistency isn't too thick so it's very easy to rub in and it absorbs extremely well, it doesn't leave your skin feeling heavy (it's lightweight), sticky or tacky whatsoever. It doesn't leave a waxy residue on your hands even after washing them (looking at you Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion). You don't have to wait forever to put your clothes on like with most lotions because it doesn't stick to clothes (which is a pet peeve of mine) in my experience. I've tried countless different body lotions - Vaseline, Lubriderm, Queen Helene, Hempz, Aveeno, St. Ives, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Body Shop etc. & this beats all of those. It might feel the slightest bit greasy as you're rubbing it in but that goes away completely within 5-10 minutes and leaves your skin literally super silky smooth, soft, hydrated & moisturized. I seriously can't stop touching my skin with this..it feels like silk! Another bonus, it gives your skin a really healthy "glow", not that it has shimmer or bronzer in it, I just notice my skin looks so healthy & glowy after I use this & that effect lasts the whole day. It's perfect for warmer & winter weather. The one & only con of the this is the scent. I don't know how to describe it. It's not sweet or floral..it smells like..lotion? No clue but I just don't like the smell, it doesn't bother me anymore but when I first started using it, it did. I wish it smelled better or was at least unscented but I'm still giving this lotion a 5 star rating, it's just too good, I'm willing to look past the scent. This will most likely be the only body lotion I purchase from now on because it's everything I want, unless I find something exactly like it with just a better scent. If you want silky soft & smooth, hydrated, healthy, glowy, moisturized, not sticky skin..this is what your looking for!

UPDATE:
I have noticed that since using this, my self tanner lasts longer. I use Fake Bake Flawless and instead of lasting 5-7 days until it starts to noticabley fade/blotch, it lasts over 8 days without blotching and it fades very slowly & evenly now. This is the only new product I've been using on my body so this has to be the reason.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG body lotion. It keeps my skin soft all day. It sinks in quickly and leaves no greasy residue. I like the light scent but it wears off which is fine with me. Good value especially now that it comes in a 16.9 oz pump bottle. I have bought other more expensive lotions/body butters and they don't come close to Nivea Body Smooth Sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin and this lotion is great for my skin type. This lotion is light and non greasy and absorbs quickly into my skin. Leaves my skin super soft and smooth. And when I say soft and smooth I mean soft and smooth without and sticky residue. However I do wish this lotion had a better scent. But still it's awesome so it still gets 5 lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Nivea body smooth lotion is great to use on my skin that is often irritated by strong fragrances. After shaving i apply generously all over my body and my skin feels so hydrated! It is not sticky and does not rub off on clothing or leave a residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely great body lotion. In general, I love Nivea products and this one is no different. My skin was looking dry and awful in the winter. I have been using this with and an Olay body wash. The improvement is noticable, my skin is smooth. It absorbs fast, is non greasy. The pump is really convenient and non messy. The only thing I wish is the smell was a little nicer, more floral or non existent. I cant quite make out what the smell is here.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by elkelangley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this body lotion, it's my favorite one I ever used.
I've been using it for a few days now, and I definitely notice a difference with my skin. I put it on my neck and chest area, my elbows, arms, and feet. I put socks on my feet and when I take them off a few hours later, my feet feel so so SOFT! :)
I also notice my skin is more moisturized with this lotion than with others, it also has a nice little glow. Love it, and I'll definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have super pale skin and you can totally tell when my legs/arms are dry and I haven't really ever had success with using lotions. None of them really got down into my skin and really made a huge difference in moisture until I found this! I saw a commercial on it on TV awhile ago and I decided to purchase it. I was using baby lotion before I bought it and it didn't really do anything, I just enjoyed the smell. Over time I have noticed a significant difference in my skin and it really is so much softer and so much more moisturized than before! I use this every time after I shower and I use about three pumps for my legs, arms, and stomach. I have had this bottle for a LONG time and it truly lasts a super long time. This is a really good lotion and I definitely recommend it for people that need serious moisture for their skin like me!