Nivea Body Smooth Sensation Daily Lotion for Dry Skin

4.4

Water , Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , C13-16 Isoparaffin , Isopropyl Palmitate , Mineral Oil , Glyceryl Stearate SE , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter , Dimethicone , Glyceryl Glucoside , Fragrance , Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate , Carbomer , Sodium Hydroxide , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben

on 8/27/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

You get a very generous amount of product in this bottle (400ml) for a very decent price! This stuff is classic Nivea, very hydrating and rich without being greasy. It absorbs quickly and has the classic Nivea fresh-out-the-shower scent - very clean and fresh with a hint of creaminess. The lotion absorbs very quickly which is a plus and does not feel greasy on the skin. It is very good for dry skin - I have some very dry patches which this product helps to clear up. This is an essential product for those with dry skin.

on 8/7/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't see what else I can say about this lotion that hasn't been said already: it smells good, feels good, protects my skin, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, last a long time and is easily accessible. It's literally sold all over the world with minor tweaks in the formulation. It's my favorite DS lotion ever since I tried it once on a trip in Ireland. Everyone loves to try out nice stuff from more expensive brands but after getting sick of the usual Body Shop butters, carrier oils as body oils (boy aren't those the greasiest), niche stuff from perfume brands that smell great but don't actually moisturize, I come back to this champ. It's seriously great! The scent doesn't last that long so it won't mingle around when you need to wear perfume, the formula isn't as green or "natural" as some other stuff but at least it gets the job done without bothering anyone. Mineral oil, petrolatum, microcrystalline wax aren't your worst enemies, people. They have no affinity so it's almost impossible for them to cause an allergic reaction, which means that products containing these ingredients can be very beneficial to people with sensitive skin. I'd like to applaud Nivea for making this lotion.

on 4/21/2015 10:39:00 PM

It's fun to shop around in Bath & Body Works or Victoria's Secret for different lotions, and though this isn't a pretty colorful bottle the lotion is much better in terms of hydrating and skin softening. The smell is nice, your hubby or boyfriend can use this too..Smell is just right for both sexes.

on 2/27/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a big a fan of Nivea. I've been using it since I was teenager either whitening lotion, regular lotion or bath foam. and until now it didn't disappoint me. And specially living in a dry area needs a lotion that makes my skin smooth but not oily. and This one helps a lot. When I first moved here in December 2014, my skin start to dry and felt rough. But This product helped a lot and now my skin feels smooth. and by the way it takes 5 months for me to finish the 13.5 fluid ounce in a pack of 3. It's worth the price.
P.S You can even try a free sample of this cream before buying: http://www.freebiehunter.org/nivea-moisturizer-samples/

on 5/29/2014 2:28:00 PM

I adore Nivea products and this body lotion is no exception. I use this daily after showering. It has a very faint scent and absorbs quickly. It moisturizes very effectively without being too greasy or too thin, so I can use it in the summer or the winter. There's about 17 oz of product (I bought it at Rite Aid for about $5), so you get a lot of bang for your buck. I highly recommend this for an everyday lotion, it's very effective and non-irritating. I will continue to purchase for sure.

on 5/15/2014 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi all..with my first review ever in my life..i am a makeupalley fan n believe to see reviews before i buy something shampoo lotion conditioner body wash makeup etcetc..about nivea m a fan of nivea lotions ..i first used to use nivea mineral plus body lotion that was good enough then i bought nivea whitening body lotion n now its nivea express hydration..i liked three of them the most..butlet me say here where i live changes suddenly n harshly..unlike winters here early summers from march to june are very dry and hot..sun burns the skin like anything n hot winds r annoying n verymuch dry..hot winds just take the whole moisture from body in seconds..so i changed my nivea lotions according to body needs..for last two months(from mid march april n now mid of may) i felt extremely dry skin n wrinkles all iver body especially hands feet arma and face..even nivea mineral compmex lotion failed to moisturize the burnt skin..i got tan n dry..m also facing eczema all over body for last two years so my skin has got super dry n super sensitive..i picked this lotion in mart just to try this as it claims instant rehydration without feeling u greasy..n nivea is a trusted brand ..now ysing this for last 3weaks..n m so amused to see results..skin is super hydrated moisturised n feels so soft..i have no issues with fragrance as it disappears 15mins after applying..m also observing that my ingrown hair are coming out easily..i have ingrown hair everywher on body i wax..legs underlegs underarms and arms..it makes skin so soft that hair grows out easily..price is so affoardable n results are superb..the only thing m feeling that it makes u more tan makes skin to get tan easily( which is a big dislike of mine as m highly in love with my medium fair complexion) my hubby keeps on saying honey u r looking tan just take care of ur skin..n i think its bcz of this lotion m using only thos product these days ..so can blame only this lotion..otherwise m completely fine n happy with results except that one i mentioned..i highly recomend the product for those who have dry sensitive wrinkle prone skin which gets dehydrated so fast..i would buy tha lotion again till my skin demand different according to weather change

on 4/25/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

absolutely love this lotion! its thick but not too greasy. gets absorbed into the skin right away though the fragrance is somethibg I would like to change. But I think I have found my HG moisturizer

on 10/19/2013 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My search for my favorite body lotion is over, this is it. I'm very picky with body lotions & the majority I've tried, I'm never happy with. Before this, I was continuously on the hunt for a body lotion like this, it meets all my criteria. This has got to be the most hydrating, softening & smoothing body lotion I've ever tried for my dry skin, it's amazing. The consistency isn't too thick so it's very easy to rub in and it absorbs extremely well, it doesn't leave your skin feeling heavy (it's lightweight), sticky or tacky whatsoever. It doesn't leave a waxy residue on your hands even after washing them (looking at you Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion). You don't have to wait forever to put your clothes on like with most lotions because it doesn't stick to clothes (which is a pet peeve of mine) in my experience. I've tried countless different body lotions - Vaseline, Lubriderm, Queen Helene, Hempz, Aveeno, St. Ives, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Body Shop etc. & this beats all of those. It might feel the slightest bit greasy as you're rubbing it in but that goes away completely within 5-10 minutes and leaves your skin literally super silky smooth, soft, hydrated & moisturized. I seriously can't stop touching my skin with this..it feels like silk! Another bonus, it gives your skin a really healthy "glow", not that it has shimmer or bronzer in it, I just notice my skin looks so healthy & glowy after I use this & that effect lasts the whole day. It's perfect for warmer & winter weather. The one & only con of the this is the scent. I don't know how to describe it. It's not sweet or floral..it smells like..lotion? No clue but I just don't like the smell, it doesn't bother me anymore but when I first started using it, it did. I wish it smelled better or was at least unscented but I'm still giving this lotion a 5 star rating, it's just too good, I'm willing to look past the scent. This will most likely be the only body lotion I purchase from now on because it's everything I want, unless I find something exactly like it with just a better scent. If you want silky soft & smooth, hydrated, healthy, glowy, moisturized, not sticky skin..this is what your looking for!

UPDATE:
I have noticed that since using this, my self tanner lasts longer. I use Fake Bake Flawless and instead of lasting 5-7 days until it starts to noticabley fade/blotch, it lasts over 8 days without blotching and it fades very slowly & evenly now. This is the only new product I've been using on my body so this has to be the reason.

on 7/3/2013 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG body lotion. It keeps my skin soft all day. It sinks in quickly and leaves no greasy residue. I like the light scent but it wears off which is fine with me. Good value especially now that it comes in a 16.9 oz pump bottle. I have bought other more expensive lotions/body butters and they don't come close to Nivea Body Smooth Sensation.

on 5/19/2013 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have normal to dry skin and this lotion is great for my skin type. This lotion is light and non greasy and absorbs quickly into my skin. Leaves my skin super soft and smooth. And when I say soft and smooth I mean soft and smooth without and sticky residue. However I do wish this lotion had a better scent. But still it's awesome so it still gets 5 lippies from me.