The Body Shop Lightening Touch

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/19/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this based on reviews here and other blogs. Got a great deal on TBS website during a sale. This is a lightweight eye brightener in a peachy shade that matched my LOLA skin perfectly. Lasts all day and does not settle into fine lines due to its ultralight creamy texture. However, several years later, (& sleepless nights) I have moved onto concealers.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure why this isn't getting more love, to be honest. I purchased this fairly recently, so I can't judge how much I would like this in the long run, but so far I'm loving it, first and foremost because it doesn't dry out my skin, and my under-eye area never gets cakey with this on. It's also fairly light coverage which results in a very natural look, perfect for summer. It brightens and freshens my skin nicely without making you look too "made up". The day I bought it I also looked at the Clinique Airbrush Concealer but decided to go with this one because to me, it looked and felt better.

on 3/20/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

irst of all, i want to clear it to every Lady around that it is not a CONCEALER! Infact it is a highlighter, why would they name it ''Lightening Touch" if it really was a concealer, since concealer is used to hide imperfections. This product is used as a brightener around eyes and cheeks and i really liked it, it didn't melt at all as i've got a combination skin which sweats alot even in severe winters and it gave me that look i have been wanting. I blend it with my fingers! worth a try

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why but water comes out of my eyes and become red when I apply this under my eyes 😫 and that water ruin all my makeup I will definitely do not buy this ever again

on 1/21/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Bought it at a good price at the Body Shop (<$12). But it doesn't show and it stings my under eye area. Looks better than having nothing on, but that's not enough reason to buy. And at my age, i am concerned when something stings my skin..

Better ones are clinique airbursh ($19.50) and if you can afford it, the very best is YSL touche eclat ($40).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

got this during the black friday sale and I like it better than my mac select cover up as it doesnt cake on my under eyes. As a a shiftworker, it makes my under eye ara look brighter but doesnt totally camouflage it; which us fine by me as it looks natural that way. The packaging looks like ysl's touche eclat but for a fraction of a price! I dislike how it clicks more than you need though, would repurchase again if on sale (",)

on 12/18/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mild under eye circle so this highlighter/light concealer worked so well on me, I don't need to use a seperate concealer prior to this. And I think it's a cheaper alternative to the YSL touché eclate. Will repurchase if its on sale.

on 12/11/2013 1:58:00 AM

This not a heavy concealer so don't be fooled. It's a highlighter for around the eyes and cheeks. Makes me look very dewy which I love. The only con is the rubbish pen thing you have to twist and push and hold your tongue to get it out and it's always way more than what you need.

on 11/13/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is 'ok'. I feel it does illuminate under the eyes, and the design is interesting, with a twist bottom and built in brush, but it also seems like you'll lose a lot of product when it 'runs out' that is just inside yet impossible to get out. It also separates into product and oil, I guess because I'm not using it enough? I don't know but it's not easy to mix back together. It covers ok, but so do many cheaper things. I ended up using most of it but throwing away what was left. It was just ok in my mind and the packaging was a good idea in theory but not so much in reality.

on 6/4/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got the orange tinted shade in 04 as an alternative to YSL Touche Eclat in a corrective color instead of a color meant for concealing. I feel like this is decent when I go for minimal makeup days (or very natural-looking makeup days) but because I have very dark undereye circles it doesn't do much correcting. My Maybelline Fit Me concealer does most of the conealing job. Would not repurchase because I think some drugstore products do the same thing. However the packaging on this is great... feels like a luxury item.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products