Prada Ambre Pour Homme

4.6

on 1/20/2013 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cologne has a fresh out of the shower kind of smell. Husband was very pleased with this gift. The staying power lasts about 8 hours but that depend on the persons body. Overall this is a great cologne.

on 5/3/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ambre pour Homme gives an impression of cinnamon or nutmeg lightly sprinkled over clean soapy lavender, iris, neroli. Light vetiver and a hint of cardamom add an earthy quality, plus the faintest of patchouli in the base anchors the fragrance and makes it last well. There is NO amber in this fragrance - the name is a misnomer. It's in the "clean laundry", "dryer sheets", "detergent aisle of the grocery store" genre, but classy. The fragrance opens with some sharpness but dries down more smoothly. Could be headache inducing for some people, like a sharpness that hits right between the eyes - subtle but there, so be warned. If you want to smell like freshly pressed and starched laundry - men or women - this fragrance is for you; I do feel it skews more masculine in the later drydown, however though many women will want to try it. I visualize wearing the fragrance with all-white cottons, a business suit, or dressy eveningwear.

on 2/27/2009 2:46:00 PM

I bought this and Iris Homme at the same time thinking I would like Amber better. Turned out I really like the Iris Homme better, it smells even cleaner than Amber. But both are fabulous fragrances, for women Or men!! Clean, modern, classic. I would definitely buy all 3 again and again (Iris and Iris Homme and Amber)!!

on 8/25/2008 10:05:00 PM

The is the absolute most wonderful scent for men. I love when my husband wears this. He could not have picked a better scent. The bottle and color are great also.

on 7/24/2008 10:31:00 PM

This was one of the first fragrances I ever bought for myself and it's still my favorite after trying and buying many others, niche included. There's just something about it that makes me feel great, it's a very soapy and clean smell and nothing else I've tried smells quite like it. This is my usually my sotd and when I'm just not sure what to wear this is the one I always reach for. It's very unique and I'll always have a bottle, kudos to Daniela Andrier for this little gem!

on 6/22/2008 4:04:00 PM

I got this as a sample at Sephora and wore it, not realizing it was a men's fragrance. It smells soapy and clean, but not sweet or fruity. More complex. It's a very interesting scent that's sort of hard to describe, but definitely works for both men and women.

I also wear the women's Prada fragrance. This seems a little lighter and more casual than the women's scent.

on 10/9/2007 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really love this perfume, evidently it's unisex, but I was not aware of it. I truly adore it!

I scored about 10 samples of this and WOW this is a great scent. Clean, smooth and unisex. A new grail. I only wish my DS would wear it too!

on 5/9/2007 11:27:00 PM

Wonderful fragrance - earthy, unisex, timeless. I bought it for my husband - but wear it myself almost every day. People often say to me "Gosh, you smell good" - which is so nice to hear! This doesn't produce a strong, perfume-y smell - it blends with your own body chemistry to create a subtle, unique scent. Highly recommended.

on 4/30/2007 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I originally bought bottles for my brothers on father's day. When I smelled it, I had to buy some for me. Its clean,yummy, warm,very unisex and not at all offensive. Sexy,but you will want to wear it 24/7.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel