August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Styling Products - Oyin Shine and Define gentle styling serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm super excited about this product. Exactly what I was searching for! I have no idea why I was sleeping on this stuff for so long. Basically, I'm a 24/7 mother to a little man in the throes of his terrible twos and I barely get too much time to dedicate to my wig piece. I needed something easy peasy to use that offered moisture, hold, and an all together guaranteed good hair day come rain or shine. This stuff delivers!! It really helped simplify my routine, and has become a staple for sure. I have 3b/ 3c-ish yet mostly 3b, fine, un-thick hair that gets weighed down easily. This product, in small amounts,leaves my curls soft, shiny, moisturized, with the perfect amount of hold. I'm sooooo glad that I've found this product. Works great when slicking my hair back into a bun too! Cleaner than goopy gel, therefor, I don't cringe at the thought of laying my head on my pillow case at night (kinda OCD about that). I use it on my sons hair also! Ps. Smells just like Honey Hemp to me...yummay. I'd highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This smells great! Luscious citrus and some sweet fruit fragrance I can't put my finger on, though it doesn't linger. It has a custard texture, is a translucent white shade and comes in a durable and good looking plastic tub with screw top lid. I purchased a sample size and this serum is supposed to define curls and add shine, neither of which I need but I love samples!

I won't re-purchase despite the yummy smell because I don't love custard textures, the defining properties were the same as any other product on the market and mainly because it left my hair looking surprisingly dull and feeling a bit coated. My hair felt soft, just a bit dry (not crunchy) and as if a powdery yet gummy film was on it - weird I know. Anyway, it's not for my hair but it makes a nice hand cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by drawingdami

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a good alternative to gel, shea butter, or (G-d forbid) beeswax for all of us loc'd folks when tightening. Mix a little with a little of the Burnt Sugar Pomade! It's great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Shine & Define. It's not the best hair product I've ever used, and if I apply just a tad bit too much, my hair gets weighed down and looks stringy and greasy. But if I use the right amount and scrunch it through my hair while my hair is still soaking wet, it does a decent job of defining my curls and keeping my hair looking pretty. I like the subtle, natural scent, and find the price about average for an etailer hair product. I *might* buy this product again, but have a feeling I'll probably go for something else with a little more "wow" factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Rayaeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this is the only styling cream that defines my 4a curls and gives me 2nd and 3rd day hair. I don't use much and it smells great. I only apply after washing and can refresh it with water if needed.

The only problem is that my hair seems more prone to tangles with this stuff. It's not a lot, I can still finger comb, but it is a noticeable difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jlbff

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did absolutely nothing for my kinky curly/frizzy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by ollybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very fine but frizzy hair and have been looking for styling products that keep my hair in control without weighing it down. Oyin Shine & Define really does the job. You only need a small amount of this natural lemony smelling product to make your hair behave without it looking styled. I use a small amount every morning to keep the short crazy hairs on the top of my head stay down and it works...