October 25, 2014 | 1061 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Two words can be used to summarize what I thought of this product: "dashed dreams".

I initially wanted to buy a dry shampoo because I have hair that gets real oily, real quick, and wanted to go two days between showers instead of showering everyday. I did my due diligence - I looked at reviews online, on MUA, and on YouTube, and A LOT of people seemed to love this dry shampoo. They said that it had a nice, small tip through which the product was dispensed so that it wouldn't leave gobs of dry shampoo in your hair, it had a nice, lemony scent to it, and that it would be invisible even on dark hair (I have black hair). Most important of all, they said that it WORKED.

I have to say that it does not work. I used some in my hair BEFORE it was really what I would even consider oily as a preventative action. During my first application, I could already see that something was wrong. Even though I would wait a while (maybe a half minute or a minute) before I started rubbing in/combing out the powder to make sure that it was absorbed, my hair still looked limp and didn't have the volume that freshly washed hair does. In addition, I found that this product smells STRONGLY of lemon-scented kitchen cleaner. Don't get me wrong, I love the scent of natural lemons, but this smells incredibly artifical and strong, and the smell lingers around you for at least an hour after application. Blergh. You may offend someone if you apply this in your hair and then decide to sit on the subway on the way to work.

I thought that perhaps the powder just did not have enough time to work its magic, so I went to sleep, forgot about it, and tried using it again (to freshen up my hair after sleeping) the next morning. Nope. There was no change in the way that my hair looked greasy and I was still irritated by the strong, chemical fragrance. At this point, I decided to cut my losses and just wash my hair the old fashioned way. One thing I do like is that when I finish using the powder, I can re-use the packaging when I try to DIY my own dry shampoo with arrowroot powder later.

Overall, this product was very disappointing. I would not repurchase it and I would not recommend you to purchase it either if you have oily hair like I do.

I purchased my small, travel-sized bottle (28g or 1 oz) at Sephora for $13.50 before tax, which makes it over-priced in my opinion for how much product you get (each application that I've tried has used up approximately 1/5 of the bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by iheart2cook

This is the best dry shampoo I have ever tried. The bottle is well designed because you can use the tip to part your hair and apply the product. After applying the product all over, I then use my fingertips to rub it in. Although I have dark brown hair, there is little to no "white" residue left visible after rubbing it in. Using this product every other day, this lasted the better part of a year, which is pretty cost effective. It definitely lasts much longer than the sprays. I tried Tresemme and Batiste, however, the spray products are inferior, IMO. Off to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by teojia

I've had the small bottle for quite some time now, and there's still powder left inside. I use a little bit almost everyday, usually after lunch for a little pick-me-up - to get rid of the smell from food places and also from any lunchtime sweat after returning back to the office. I love the smell. and love the fact that the powder does work. The only downside is that the powder leaves a chalkdust feeling on your fingers, so I always have to wipe it down or wash my hands after using the powder. But seriously, this stuff lasts forever, and is so useful, even if you wash your hair everyday. Perfect midday pick me up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fine, box colored, shoulder length hair. I wash my hair every 3 days, so I use dry shampoo the two days in between washing (my scalp is a oily mess) but if I wash daily, my ends get too dry and I will be bald. Somehow this product came in my most recent Sephora order by mistake. After contacting the company, they told me it was sent by mistake, and to enjoy using it:) I use spray dry shampoo's, so never using this type before, I was quite skeptical...BUT this stuff is really good. Its very easy to apply because of the pointed tip on the bottle, a little goes a long way, so it will probably last me a month or two. And my hair looks clean, but not powdery. I'm very impressed and will buy again when I get close to running out. As all dry shampoos, to get them to work, after applying, allow to sit on scalp at least 2 or 3 minutes before messaging in, and brushing out. It gives the product time to truly soak up extra oil. I think Sephora should send more "mistake" products, they may get people hooked like they did me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by eee555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this daily for a couple years, and I love it. It's very effective, and a bottle lasts a long time. When it's rubbed in, the white powder completely disappears into my medium brown hair. I wash my hair about once a week and use this in between, and my hair feels clean the whole time. I will definitely keep buying it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I've tried their invisible spray version before and that one was terrible. It really didn't do anything for greasy hair. This one works though!

This is a powder version, so it takes a little more patience and time to apply. What I like about this powder dry shampoo is the dispenser. It has a pointed tip nozzle so you have more control over where you put it. I find that the other baby powder type of containers many other dry shampoos come in tend to dispense a lot of product at once so you can't apply it directly to your hair. You would have to put it into your hands and then apply it either straight, with a puff or with a brush. With the pointed tip, you can use it to separate your hair, and you can gently shake the product onto your hair (like a salt shaker). As with any dry shampoo, its important not to apply too much or else it'll make your hair gunky so its best to apply little by little adding more as needed.

The powder is stark white but it disappears into my black hair. It really helps to absorb oil and it keeps it that way all day, even overnight. There is a huge difference between the areas where I applied the dry shampoo and the areas where I did not. I bought a 1 oz bottle for 13.50$CAD and I am certain it will last me longer than any spray version (I like the one by Klorane). I don't think its a complete replacement for the spray versions which are best when you're in a hurry but if you've got a few extra minutes this OB one is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product!! I have long, medium textured hair that I blow dry straight every other day and always use dry shampoo second day as my scalp is slightly oily. Over the years, I have tried MANY dry shampoos from all levels of the market - having a hairstyling license allows easy access and a discount to some that I would usually pass over due to higher prices. Even though I don’t get a discount on Oscar Blandi, I decided to try the brand because of all the good reviews. I generally do not like the aerosol dry shampoos because for whatever reason they tend to make my hair more oily. So, if I can find a good sprinkly kind, I will usually go for that.  This particular dry shampoo makes my hair silky, takes away ALL the oil, and keeps my hair feeling fresh and just washed… for REAL. So many other dry shampoos, while they do take away some of the oiliness, dry out my hair, make it sticky and unmanageable.. and... quite honestly, smelly. The lemon scent in the Oscar Blandi shampoo totally cuts the smell of the grease. For the past month or so, I was using the infamous Batiste and at first I really liked the cherry scented one. However, I started to notice a weird mixture of smell of half fruit half grease mid day.. as gross as that is. I NEVER once experienced this with the Oscar Blandi and I have gone through 4 or 5 bottles of the stuff  The bottles last forever by the way, because you don’t need much to get the job done. I definitely think the Oscar Blandi is worth a try if you’re in the market for a great sprinkly dry shampoo!! :)

An absolute repurchase for me

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great scent - a pain to make it disappear into hair. :/

I gotta say, I like the little tip and I love the fresh, lemon scent. It definitely revives dull hair when you don't have time to wash.

I have long hair, and washing it every day dries it out and makes it fall. However, I go to the gym a lot, and as hard as I try to put it up and put a headband, etc, etc, it's still oily in the crown and temples. A dusting off this dry shampoo reverses the oil and makes it smell pretty again. :D

HOWEVER, as my hair is dark brown, it's a little annoying to dust off the white residue afterwards. I have yet to find the perfect invisible dry shampoo, and if my search doesn't not land anything, I think I will go back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i really like this powder - it works! it does what it says it will do. it smells lemony and it eliminates the greasy look i get the day after i was my hair. i take out a small amount on my hands, pat them together, then fluff it into my hair and brush through. it's great

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Kraykray4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product worked very well for my hair. Applying the product was a challenge at first, I had my mom help me, but after a few tried you get the hang of it. On the back of the bottle it says: "Apply to dry hair... using the point of the cap to separate sections of hair, tilt the bottle and lightly squeeze to release product onto root of each section..." More is less here! You will need to keep a hold of the cap which can get lost, I've tapped mine to the bottle and somehow I still lost it. The scent is lemon and it can be strong depending on how much you use! Over all this product is a great item if you skipped a shower, and don't have the time to wash your hair.