Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good dry shampoo. I prefer the powders over the spray dry shampoos because I find the sprays quite messy and I always spray way too much and my dark blond hair usually ends up with a grayish cast. With sprays, the powder never really disappears and my hair feels even dirtier and looks matted, which are not good results when using a product that is supposed to prolong the time between shampoos. When I've used sprays, I never end up wearing my hair down, putting it in an updo instead, hoping that no one can tell I've used a dry shampoo (but they probably can, lol!). Powders, on the other hand, do a much better job of absorbing the oil so that there's very little residue left over. I apply this Oscar Blandi powder ear to ear every 1/2 inch, avoiding my part. I then rub the powder in really well as if I was applying regular shampoo. I then apply my makeup, which takes about 15-20 minutes, during which time most of the oil is absorbed. I then brush whatever powder remains out with a 100% boar bristle brush (plastic bristles don't work for this maneuver). This gives me plenty of volume that lasts all day. I usually use this dry shampoo on the 2nd or 3rd day, when the oil appears at the roots. This powder never interferes with curling my hair but it does give me a matte finish, so I use a few spritzes of shine spray to compensate. OB does last a lot longer than you might think at first glance. Spray dry shampoos are loaded with propellant so there's probably very little actual powder in them, which is why they don't last very long at all. I also like Alterna Caviar dry shampoo powder, which comes in a 2.65 ounce size for less money than OB. I like the lemony fragrance of OB and it definitely makes my hair smell fresh and clean. As far as the sprays go, I've tried Fructis Volume Extend, Not Your Mother's Clean Freak, Batiste, Amika, R&Co and Beyond the Zone, and none of them give me the results that the powder products do (although the best of the sprays was Amika, which is $25, so uh NO!). At any rate, I definitely recommend this OB powder dry shampoo. It gives my hair a clean fragrance, it absorbs oil quickly and delivers some nice volume. If you're fed up with spray dry shampoos, give this one a try. Having said all this, I think OB dry shampoo is a great product and that it's definitely worth trying. I will never go back to spray dry shampoos. Now the only question is what to do with all the spray dry shampoos that are taking up space in my hall closet? I really hate to pawn them off on friends and family because they really suck. I supposed I'll have to relegate them to the recycle bin eventually. The only thing I can think of to use them for is an updo. But ever since my DH told me that I look older when I wear my hair up, I'm deathly afraid of french twists and chignons, lol!

It gets the job done but I hate the application tip. I would prefer if there was a cap with small holes. I don't think the powder is fine enough as when I run my hands in my scalp, you can still feel the powder. Since it is sitting on my head, I can feel that the powder has not fully been absorbed. I much prefer the batiste but that one does not last as long as this one.

Absolutely the best dry shampoo I've ever tried, and I'm an avid experimenter with dry shampoo since cutting down on washings over four years ago. It's safe to say I've tried them all, quickly realizing I prefer powders over sprays. A) this bottle lasts for freaking ever. B) the spell is perfect and actually refreshes hair along with soaking up oils. Perfect. Will repurchase until the day they stop making it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a sample. I would not spend that much money on a dry shamp when batiste does that same thing as this. It smells lemony which is nice... But seriously. It's a dry shampoo. $22!?

Since purchasing this.. I have not and will not purchase dry shampoo in the form of a spray can EVER. AGAIN. This dry shampoo powder was sent from the hair gods up there. Let me just say, I had never purchased any Oscar Blandi products before, but I am so glad I found this while I was in Sephora's maze of products called the line to cash out. I purchased the travel size for $11 CAD. It is a tiny bottle however, dont be fooled. I purchased this a week before Christmas and its now March and I've only used HALF! ladies, please go and try this at the store. it is amazing. I've tried countless drugstore and high end dry shampoos and the only one that was remotely good was Alterna's bamboo scentless one. that stuff's good, but it only lasts about 3 weeks.

pros:
- the packaging. now when you first approach this in sephora, it is plain looking and very underwhelming at first glance. It is a white tube with a pointed tip. which is my fave part. it comes with a cover at the top of the tip, which is meant to be used in separating your hair while applying the powder
- the actual powder itself is very light weight and separates nicely, it doesnt clump up or anything. i sprinkle a good amount on my scalp, and shake it off. the oil disappears, and volume arises. *alleluia*
- the scent is amazing. it smells like lemon squares. which i love and adore.
-price: I know that when you go instore and see this next time your in sephora, you'll probably think that $11 is a little steep for this dinky little bottle..... because its a powder, you need very little.. mine is half way done and will last me about 2-3 more months.
- if it were needed, i have gone 4-5 days without washing my hair, all thanks to this dry shampoo. and by the 4th day, my hair still looks fresh. No exaggeration there. its that good.

no cons whatsoever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This dry shampoo is seriously heaven sent. Sure it's pricey at $22 but the powder is so fine that a little goes a long way making this last a long time. The nozzle on the bottle is very handy as you can apply very directly. It smells of lemons which is great for greasy hair that tends to be a little smelly. I apply this very liberally to my dark hair, wait a few minutes so it can soak up all of my oils and I tossle my head upside down hair and work my fingers through my scalp; I'm left with clean hair that has volume and no white cast.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a staple in my bag, always! If I don't wash my hair daily, I get a case of greasies on my scalp. A little bit of this powder in my hands (rubbed together with the product), and rub into my scalp. The small bottle lasts for months. Its worth the price you pay ($11). It also adds lift to my roots and gives more volume for that va-va-voom look ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been wanting to try a dry shampoo for awhile, but the idea of a spray container was a big turnoff for me (seemed like a lot of unnecessary ingredients, waste of packaging, less product, etc). I saw this and bought it on a whim.

Dry shampoo doesn't clean your hair, it just absorbs oil. This smells like lemons, which is okay, and it fades within 2 hours. It's made a big difference in how long I can wear my hair down. I used to wear it down one day and then tie it up the next day before washing it. Now I can wear it down three or four days. It gives my roots that clean, fluffy, just-washed look. Although I do need to start applying it one day after washing and then re-apply once or twice a day after that. The only con is that if I scratch my head, I notice that the powder + absorbed oil junk gets under my nails. It's all still there on your head. But overall this is a good product and saves me a lot of time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using the little 1 ounce bottle for months now and I'm about to run out. I absolutely love this dry shampoo. It works incredibly well on my 2nd/3rd day blonde hair by ridding it of any greasiness and adding life and volume back in to my hair. The tapered nozzle makes it very easy to section the hair and apply close to the scalp. The lemony smell is not offensive to me. The only con I can think of is it leaves your hands very powdery and if you don't wash them immediately it can easily transfer onto your clothes. I love this so much that I just re-purchased the small size for travel (great for carry-ons) and the larger size to keep at home.

Two words can be used to summarize what I thought of this product: "dashed dreams".

I initially wanted to buy a dry shampoo because I have hair that gets real oily, real quick, and wanted to go two days between showers instead of showering everyday. I did my due diligence - I looked at reviews online, on MUA, and on YouTube, and A LOT of people seemed to love this dry shampoo. They said that it had a nice, small tip through which the product was dispensed so that it wouldn't leave gobs of dry shampoo in your hair, it had a nice, lemony scent to it, and that it would be invisible even on dark hair (I have black hair). Most important of all, they said that it WORKED.

I have to say that it does not work. I used some in my hair BEFORE it was really what I would even consider oily as a preventative action. During my first application, I could already see that something was wrong. Even though I would wait a while (maybe a half minute or a minute) before I started rubbing in/combing out the powder to make sure that it was absorbed, my hair still looked limp and didn't have the volume that freshly washed hair does. In addition, I found that this product smells STRONGLY of lemon-scented kitchen cleaner. Don't get me wrong, I love the scent of natural lemons, but this smells incredibly artificial and strong, and the smell lingers around you for at least an hour after application. Blergh. You may offend someone if you apply this in your hair and then decide to sit on the subway on the way to work.

I thought that perhaps the powder just did not have enough time to work its magic, so I went to sleep, forgot about it, and tried using it again (to freshen up my hair after sleeping) the next morning. Nope. There was no change in the way that my hair looked greasy and I was still irritated by the strong, chemical fragrance. At this point, I decided to cut my losses and just wash my hair the old fashioned way. One thing I do like is that when I finish using the powder, I can re-use the packaging when I try to DIY my own dry shampoo later.

Overall, this product was very disappointing. I would not repurchase it and I would not recommend you to purchase it either if you have oily hair like I do.

I purchased my small, travel-sized bottle (28g or 1 oz) at Sephora for $13.50 before tax, which makes it over-priced in my opinion for how much product you get.

EDIT: While this product is disappointing, it is not AS horrible as another option I just tried. Bumping this product up by one lipstick tube.