November 22, 2014 | 1887 users online

Blush - Paula Dorf - Ecstasy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Paula Dorf makes fantastic high quality cosmetics. I used to buy all the time at the Dept store. For some reason I have to order online now.

Her products are really sheer and very light in texture. This blusher is not matt nor thick. It is very sheer can be built up but remains more natural looking. It is almost prismatic, with pink / purple and has light reflecting properties.

I am not thrilled with the packaging. It is a good packaged product, but I would prefer a flip up vs twist off cap.

I also love her eye shadows, have several and find the shimmer products to be fantastic, not too intense, and great for many purposes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great blush: great natural looking highly pigmented colour and a really nice finely milled but not too powdery texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most impressive blushes I own. It is a pink,plum,raspberry,mauve color. I wouldn't say its just pink. I swatched it on the back of my hand in the store and was so impressed I couldn't stop looking at my hand. It is slightly shimmery and when you build up the color it just gets better. I Love this color so much I'm surprised I never noticed it before. Can't wait for summer to try with a tan. This is HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ValJean

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to jump on the bandwagon about this lovely blush. After reading the reviews here, I purchased it sight unseen. I was a bit apprehensive about it working on a warm complexion, but this is truly a beautiful blush. I vehemently stay away from frosted blushes, but I was so tired of looking for a true pink blush that would work on a fair warm complexion. This works. I think the fine (very fine) gold shimmer makes this a winner for both cool and warm complexions. It is very pretty clear pink that gives you a lovely, softly diffused flush. Because it lasted all day on me (and my complexion absorbs color), I would definitely purchase this again. I am reviewing it because it is still available on her web site. Love to try more of her colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had this on my swap list for a long time because I thought it would be too deep and shimmery for me. WRONG! This is a lovely, cool, light-medium rose with just the slightest shimmer. It really lights up my face and makes me look human even when I'm not feeling so. Like all PD blushes, the quality is great and although they are pigmented, they are not as much so as, say, NARS, which are beautiful but difficuly for me to apply lightly enough to my LLL complexion to get a realistic finish. This blush applies easily and smoothly, doesn't look chalky or sit on the skin, and lasts all day. This has become my go-to blush--I've even put aside my BB Slopes (temporarily, I'm sure). Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

Although pink blushes are plentiful, I have had the hardest time finding one that compliments my skin tone (NC 30-35) in a natural way. If you are in the same boat as me I HIGHLY suggest trying this little beauty out. As the reviewers mention below, in the pan Ecstasy comes across as your average pink blush, however, once applied it gives my cheeks the most amazing natural soft pink glow. In addition to the amazing color and texture, the staying power is also pretty fantastic. I don't say this too often but this blush is definitely HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I swapped for this not knowing what to really expect but I completely agree with the review below that this is like the pink version of NARS Orgasm. This blush is really transparent but easy to build up on, in a non-excessive way so it always looks natural. The shimmer isn't anything garish but provide a glow. It's quite rare for a pink blush to provide a glow! Generally this is more said with peachy blushes. It's easy to blend and lasts for hours. Honestly from a glance, I wouldn't have assumed this is anything special, thinking it's just a standard pink shimmery blush but this is actually very close to my natural flush color.

It has an odd quality that it really melts into your cheeks rather than look fake and layered on. I'm completely in love with this blush from quality to the shade. It hasn't made me breakout and the shimmer is so subtle I can use it any time. It's also very suiting for any age range since it's not glittery. I normally use coral/peachy blushes for a more natural colouring but this blush really has a "universal & made for everyone" feeling. I'd recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blush is perfection! I would recommend it to anyone who has a face. Seriously. Ecstasy is a pink-mauve with teeny gold shimmers, and doesn't actually look all that impressive in the pan. But once you put it on...yowza. It's like a pink version of NARS' Orgasm for me- a universally attractive, no-brainer choice for blush that matches almost every makeup look. I'm starting to realize that some blushes that look almost boring in the pan go on totally amazing-looking (Cargo Tonga), and some blushes that look gorgeous in the pan look really fake and unattractive on my skin (NARS Mata Hari). Ecstasy just lights up my whole face, brings out my eyes, and manages to make it look like I'm blushing naturally, but with a kick. I bought Ecstasy on a whim when Sephora had all of Paula's blushes 50% off, but I would pay full price for it any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful blush. The texture is superior to all other types of powder blushes I've tried (maybe with the exception of NARS), and the color is a gorgeous medium pink with gold sparkles. I normally don't like sparkly blush but this one looks so great on that I had to buy it, not to mention it was half off at Sephora! I usually gravitate towards the dusty rose and apricot blushes but this one was a pleasant surprise. I think it is suitable for all types of skintones and not just people with pale skin as I had originally thought that pink blushes were best suited for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am super happy that I scored one of these half off at the Sephora sale (I bought about 20 Paula Dorf products--yay!). But even if it had been full price I would have been equally pleased. This is a beautiful cool toned, soft rosey-mauve with a slight shimmer. The shimmer is more in the microscopic gold glitter variety, and while I'm not crazy about glitter this is very subtle. This color would probably look great on any skin tone....I'm very fair and it looks very soft and pretty on me. Goes on very sheerly and light and I can't imagine that this would ever look overdone. Has a nice smooth finish and the quality is amazing. You can't go worng with this color--it's lovely.