Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner - Ravish

4.6

on 6/14/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My favourite lip liner. It's so versatile with pretty much any shade of red. It's a browny-red colour. It glides on smoothly, blends well, and lasts for ages. I've used it with red-orange lipsticks, blue-red lipsticks, and neutral lipsticks. The only one of my lipsticks I don't use it with is a really quite pink lipstick. I've ordered a few more on ebay (it seems to be discontinued in Australia) as this is going to be my go-to lipliner. I now only have two lipliners in my make up bag - this one and another that goes with the pink lipstick.

on 11/2/2014 2:43:00 PM

I got this Rimmel lipliner in Ravish for a red lip I was doing for Halloween. After lining my lips with Ravish I filled them in, then put my red lip cream (NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo) on top, blotted, etc.The liner was incredibly long lasting. A few hours into the party my lip makeup was still there. By the end of the night the NYX color had faded, but the liner had stayed. I am really impressed, especially for a drugstore brand, and I plan on getting several more colors soon.

PROS: Long-lasting, true-to-color
CONS: Dry formula - it tugs a little during application; Breakage - if I twisted the liner up too far it would break

on 10/28/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

colour - deep red - not orangey or pinky, but more brown based
texture - creamy, pigmented
wear - glides easily on and is longlasting
this liner can be worn alone for a subtle deep red pout or as a base for any vampy red lipstick.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Great lipliner-creamy, smooth and best yet I think it is a dupe for Mac's Red enriched lipliner at a much more reasonable price! I will be looking for more shades that match Mac's lipliner shades. Refuse to spend $15 on a lip liner again.

on 6/17/2011 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Does the job! I wear this lip liner under Revlon Colorstay Lipstick in Crimson. I'm not sure I like the two together in terms of color because it makes the lipstick much darker than I'd like. However, the lip liner itself is fine. It's my first lip liner so I'm not sure what to compare it to, but it broke twice while I applied it (maybe my hands were clumsy and unaccustomed?) and I feel like I didn't get much product in the packaging. However, it applies smoothly and it's a nice base to work with.
I've used this for about half a dozen of performances under the lipstick and it seems to do the trick. I've never tried wearing my lipstick without lip liner so I don't know if it would bleed, but it never bleeds when I wear this lip liner so I'll give it the benefit of my doubt. To my knowledge, this lip liner is a good tool for a beginner, at least.

on 1/31/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful deep brownish red. Perfect for defining the outer lip line for red lips in order to prevent feathering and help the lipstick or gloss last longer. Goes with my warm tones and is nice and creamy. The tip of this is slanted and since it is an automatic pencil, there is no sharpening necessary.

on 12/22/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful deeper rose/berry color that matches LM Audrey perfectly. Only con: makes a thick line and I prefer a sharp pencil to create a thin line.

on 10/22/2009 8:58:00 PM

I have been looking for a rosy, red lip liner for quite sometime. Ravish works well with my skin coloring, and the darker lipsticks I use in the fall. This lip liner is hard to apply and it is not creamy at all. I can look past this defect in lieu of the fact that the pencil was so cheap (2.00) and I will only use this color in the winter time. I will probably not purchase this product again...

on 12/31/2008 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I picked this up at the drug store when I was in desperate need for a red lip liner. What a find! Ravish is the perfect deep red liner that does not look pink or orange on my lips. It pairs well with MAC's Dare You. I also like applying all over my lips and then adding brown lipstick or clear gloss on top. The texture of the liner is quite nice - its firm but glides on nicely. I like the packaging too, slim and self-sharpening.

on 9/20/2007 11:22:00 AM

Really nice rosy wine color. It looked more red in the store than it does on my lips. Nice color. Applies well, and thank goodness it isn't the wooden pencil that you have to sharpen!

Popular Lip Liners