November 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer- Papaya

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Just picked this baby up at Walgreens for LESS than a buck--such a steal! I had never tried these but I'll be driving over to other ds to search for the other shades, because this is an outstanding product. Goes on smooth like a balm, pigmented like lipstick, stays on like a stain, true to its name-contains shimmer but the nOn gritty, wearable type. Shade wise-its a pretty strong reddish coral with gold shimmer, it pulls bronzey peach so good for warmer skin tones. It absolutely brightens my face up. Im usually a pink, nude, beige, peach lover but wanted to branch out for fall with a deeper shade. I actually thought this was the cap color-a berry brown & assumed because its a balm it'll go on sheer-er and meet my preferences half way. But boy was I wrong, the cap is nothing like the color inside & its full on color. This will be my red lip look for night outs or just bitten in the cold look for winter (again I dont do bold colors so this is intense/bright for me) For reference my lips are lightly pigmented, NC20 Asian. It has minty tingly feel for 30 secs, nothing too overbearing & actually softens my lips (not moistens with gooey gloss/slimy feel).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Papaya is an incredibly pretty coppery-red with gold shimmer, and quite flattering on my golden tan skin. If you're really cool-toned/pale I can understand the color might not work for you, but it's perfect for me. Shame that it's apparently DC'd. The tingly sensation doesn't bother me (in fact I like it), but what I don't like is how the tube doesn't go back down and there's no way to smoosh it back. Luckily Burt's Bees got the hint and the newer colors/tubes retract. Hopefully they'll re-release Papaya or a similar color to it with the newer tubes.

EDIT: Had to knock this down a few more lippies as it dried out incredibly quick on me, and I had to toss the tube. Boo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Lippyloo said that this was the colour of carrots at sunset. I totally agree. It will look great if you are warm-toned, not so great if you are cool-toned... and maybe kind of "iffy" if you are olive. "Papaya" lip shimmer is orange-red with bronze shimmer. It is more natural when applied sheerly and looks like a full coverage lipstick when applied heavily. The colour of this lip shimmer reminds me of an Aveda lipstick -- I can't remember the name of it, but it is a similar product without the minty tingle and it also comes in a slim tube. If you don't like the minty tingle in Burt's Bees lip shimmers, you may be able to find something similar at Aveda.

Edit: After a few days, this lip shimmer applies more dryly. This did not happen to other colours like "caramel" or "peony". There is also something about a shimmery orange lipstick on a woman over 30 that looks aging (imho).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like this colour. It creates a nice contract on my copper coloured hair. It also suit my colouring and freckles. It definitely makes my lips pop, and it feels so good on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by candycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is DEFINITELY a strong color - Papaya is a red-orange with a copper gold shimmer. It is a stronger version of Nutmeg, in my opinion, and definitely not for the faint of heart. I would wear this as a red lip for a night out - not something for the everyday, even though it flatters my warm skin tone. Like all other BB's lip products, it's moisturizing and stays on for a long time, plus I love the minty tingly feel it gives my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by canmend

My skin tone is warm, and this colour fits my skin tone perfectly! For those complaining about it being too bright, I found that applying a thin coat of the champagne or radiance shade can help tone down the colour. It moisturized my dry lips for lasting relief, and the colour stayed on throughout the day. This product is a bit pricey, but it is organic, so I suppose the price is alright for an organic product. Its such a good product that I have five of the different lip shimmer tones!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by gogobardot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There's no other way for me to say it. This product is absolutely gross.

It is a ridiculous metallic, red-orange color that looks horrible with my skin tone. I bought it when I had dark hair and a warmer skin tone (from self-tanner). But I don't think it's just me - I simply can't imagine it looking good on anyone. It bleeds ALL OVER the top of my lip line, which is the most annoying part. It doesn't feel like a lip balm or lipstick. It just sits on top of my lips and doesn't sink in, then bleeds outside my lip line. It also feels VERY dry and flaky - not at all moisturizing.

I also have it in Rhubarb, which is a slightly better color but equally terrible product.

I hate the texture so much that I won't be trying out any other colors. The lip shimmer line is very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by blacklondon

This smells kind of minty and tingles when I put it on my lips. But I really don't like the colour or the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Montana_Wildhack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the colour, it's neither too orange nor too bright on me, it actually enhances my natural lip colour and gives a soft golden shimmer. I think the price is okay for an organic product. The only thing I don't like about it, is the aftertaste which is a little bit weird - can't really describe it exactly, but when the initial minty scent is gone, there's some slightly strange smell remaining.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Azsharis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this product. I didn't at first, though. The color was a bit strong and strange, but I find that if I tone it down a bit with a regular, uncoloured chapstick, it ends up looking really good! The scent is very nice and minty, and the shimmer is sweet. :D I think I may try it in a different colour, next time, though.