December 19, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Melli233

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin during winter and oily acne prone skin during summer. I have been using nivea on and off to help with my dry patches ever since I was a child. I love the moisturising effects of this cream although, looking at the ingredients, i felt i had no other choice then to give this review 3 lippies. I have heard a lot of bad press on mineral oil and the other synthetic ingredients found in nivea, so I am a bit sceptical. In my opinion, this is a good moisturiser for anyone who is not concerned with synthetic ingredients. If this product was all natural or at least 70% natural or over, i would definitely rate it a 4-5 lippies. Unfortunately, I am still on the look out for my HG moisturiser! Grrr

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by TCamille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in the market for a simple
face cream. Nivea cream (both Mexican and German made) in the blue jar was too heavy, & just left a greasy film on my skin without ever sinking in, so I decided to give Nivea soft a whirl after reading so many great reviews.

This moisturizer reminds me of cold cream. Feels great when applying, sort of cool and refreshing. This cream was really moisturizing the first three days of use but I started to notice that I constantly had a stinging sensation in my eye every time I used this. Not sure what causes this but be careful using this around the eyes. Maybe I'm just sensitive but this is definitely not suitable as an eye cream for me.

I've never experienced this burning with other creams. Go figure. I also noticed that after a few days, my skin was greasy feeling but not moisturized, even after exfoliating. For me thats a sure sign that this cream isn't absorbing into my skin but simply leaving a film on top of it. I'm thinking it's the mineral oil. I had to trash this. Pity. I so badly wanted to like this moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy new moisturizers every now and again because, well, I get bored and I like to buy new beauty products, but every time, every. single. time. I come back to this. I have what would be classified as 'bad' skin - acne, scars, oiliness etc. - but every oil-free moisturizer sucked and it wasn't until I realized the oil is NOT the enemy and started branching out of what I was 'supposed' to use as someone with bad skin, that I tried new things and found this, my FAVOURITE FACIAL MOISTURIZER OF ALL TIME. And I'm not saying that after like 3 days of using it - I've gone through about 20 tubs of this stuff so far ( yes TUBS *Gasp!* - things in tubs are cool, people, just wash your damn hands first). I love this stuff so much I feel guilty when I try other things and doubt its awesomeness. I will buy this forever. I love you Nivea Soft, never change.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by karikat

As someone who hates moisturising and has combination skin, I was curious to try this cheap and affordable moisturiser - especially as it now comes without nasty parabens. I have been using the tube/lotion for the past month and can honestly say the difference this makes is incredible. It is light, easily absorbed and leaves the skin feeling soft and plump - all for a fraction of the price! Will definitely repurchase as it did not break me out either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I have just finished using a very expensive face cream, which was okay, but I have decided at my advanced age(!!) that I am going to rein in my expectations on what face creams can do. So I have gone from stupidly expensive (85 pounds) to this cream which cost me 4 pounds for a massive 200ml tub which can be used on face, hand and body. I have been using Soft for 2 weeks on my face and I love it. I have sensitive skin and there was a slight stinging on application during the first few applications but that has now settled down. I now have very soft even toned skin. The aroma is a clean one which fades quickly. My skin feels well cared for and at the rate I am going, this cream will last me a long time as I only use a thin layer. Great to apply make up on top of if you use sparingly. I am going to buy a separate larger tub to use on body. I am hoping for the same results as my face, cared for skin at an economical price. I hope to use this cream throughout the autumn and winter months. If I feel I need a bit more moisture on my face ( which I think is unlikely) I will add a few drops of face oil. And if I grow a beard (see review below which says it made their hair on their legs grow faster) I will update! UPDATE - upgraded from 4 to 5 stars. I really like this cream. I now use on face and body. I have a small tub for face and the largest tub for body use. Always on offer somewhere. My skin on my body can be on the dry side. I was not expecting this to be quite so moisturising for the body but it is. The annoying red bumps on top of arms are much improved. It is mega cheap and very effective. You can buy a small tube if you want to travel or are bothered by face creams in a tub. Oh, I almost forgot. I have not grown a beard!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have a problem with the moisturizing capability of this cream. It is good, in fact a light moisturizer as the name suggests. Definitely not as greasy as the Nivea brand cream available in the blue jar.
The smell is hard to describe - metallic, ripe. Like some previous reviewers mentioned, it has a nauseating effect. I have also gotten headaches after using this cream. Additionally, this creme has all the possible parabens concoction, compared to the original Nivea creme.
It also causes the hair on the hands and legs to grow faster. Strange, but I never had this problem with using other creams or even the original Nivea creme.

I prefer the thicker version which also smells nicer (floral scent) - the original 'Nivea moisturizing Creme'.

Pros - light moisturizer. Not heavy or greasy.
Cons - horrible smell, several parabens and other chemicals in the ingredients, too light a moisturizer to really do anything good for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by vocadenza

I use this as my go to cream for dry patches e.g. elbows and heels. It goes on really well, nourishing and moisturizing. It's not sticky and absorbs quickly. Smells clean, as with the other Nivea body products. Paired with oily skin and hot humid climate of the tropics however, it's not the best face moisturizer there is. I'm sure this works nicely with drier skin, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Cheap(I got a 200ml tub for 3)
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't feel greasy
Give a lot of moisture
Skin looks refreshed

Cons:
It makes my skin look a little shiny, but nothing a little bit of powder can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am recovering from my acne and this hasnt broken me out. I use this only at night as I dislike using any moisturisers during the day under my makeup. This is cheap, it works and doesnt cause any breakouts on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely looove this product. It is simply amazing. Super affordable, super moisturising and the smell is just mmmm. It's no wonder this product is difficult to get hold of for me! (All shops I go to are usually sold out of this)

There aren't many cons with this product. I don't like using it on my hands as I don't feel it moisturises them enough for me, and also it feels kind of heavy and a little sticky. Also, I cannot use this product on my t-zone as it makes my face very oily and just gross.

However, it is an incredible moisturiser. It's weird but my chin gets dry as seasons and weather changes. But this product helps to combat that dry skin, and does not break my chin out in the process. I also sometimes get little dry patches on my arms and this product does the trick and helps to get rid of them. I love the texture of the cream. Also the smell is amazing, I love it!