November 28, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy new moisturizers every now and again because, well, I get bored and I like to buy new beauty products, but every time, every. single. time. I come back to this. I have what would be classified as 'bad' skin - acne, scars, oiliness etc. - but every oil-free moisturizer sucked and it wasn't until I realized the oil is NOT the enemy and started branching out of what I was 'supposed' to use as someone with bad skin, that I tried new things and found this, my FAVOURITE FACIAL MOISTURIZER OF ALL TIME. And I'm not saying that after like 3 days of using it - I've gone through about 20 tubs of this stuff so far ( yes TUBS *Gasp!* - things in tubs are cool, people, just wash your damn hands first). I love this stuff so much I feel guilty when I try other things and doubt its awesomeness. I will buy this forever. I love you Nivea Soft, never change.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by karikat

As someone who hates moisturising and has combination skin, I was curious to try this cheap and affordable moisturiser - especially as it now comes without nasty parabens. I have been using the tube/lotion for the past month and can honestly say the difference this makes is incredible. It is light, easily absorbed and leaves the skin feeling soft and plump - all for a fraction of the price! Will definitely repurchase as it did not break me out either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I have just finished using a very expensive face cream, which was okay, but I have decided at my advanced age(!!) that I am going to rein in my expectations on what face creams can do. So I have gone from stupidly expensive (85 pounds) to this cream which cost me 4 pounds for a massive 200ml tub which can be used on face, hand and body. I have been using Soft for 2 weeks on my face and I love it. I have sensitive skin and there was a slight stinging on application during the first few applications but that has now settled down. I now have very soft even toned skin. The aroma is a clean one which fades quickly. My skin feels well cared for and at the rate I am going, this cream will last me a long time as I only use a thin layer. Great to apply make up on top of if you use sparingly. I am going to buy a separate larger tub to use on body. I am hoping for the same results as my face, cared for skin at an economical price. I hope to use this cream throughout the autumn and winter months. If I feel I need a bit more moisture on my face ( which I think is unlikely) I will add a few drops of face oil. And if I grow a beard (see review below which says it made their hair on their legs grow faster) I will update!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have a problem with the moisturizing capability of this cream. It is good, in fact a light moisturizer as the name suggests. Definitely not as greasy as the Nivea brand cream available in the blue jar.
The smell is hard to describe - metallic, ripe. Like some previous reviewers mentioned, it has a nauseating effect. I have also gotten headaches after using this cream. Additionally, this creme has all the possible parabens concoction, compared to the original Nivea creme.
It also causes the hair on the hands and legs to grow faster. Strange, but I never had this problem with using other creams or even the original Nivea creme.

I prefer the thicker version which also smells nicer (floral scent) - the original 'Nivea moisturizing Creme'.

Pros - light moisturizer. Not heavy or greasy.
Cons - horrible smell, several parabens and other chemicals in the ingredients, too light a moisturizer to really do anything good for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by vocadenza

I use this as my go to cream for dry patches e.g. elbows and heels. It goes on really well, nourishing and moisturizing. It's not sticky and absorbs quickly. Smells clean, as with the other Nivea body products. Paired with oily skin and hot humid climate of the tropics however, it's not the best face moisturizer there is. I'm sure this works nicely with drier skin, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Shann3n96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Cheap(I got a 200ml tub for 3)
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't feel greasy
Give a lot of moisture
Skin looks refreshed

Cons:
It makes my skin look a little shiny, but nothing a little bit of powder can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am recovering from my acne and this hasnt broken me out. I use this only at night as I dislike using any moisturisers during the day under my makeup. This is cheap, it works and doesnt cause any breakouts on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely looove this product. It is simply amazing. Super affordable, super moisturising and the smell is just mmmm. It's no wonder this product is difficult to get hold of for me! (All shops I go to are usually sold out of this)

There aren't many cons with this product. I don't like using it on my hands as I don't feel it moisturises them enough for me, and also it feels kind of heavy and a little sticky. Also, I cannot use this product on my t-zone as it makes my face very oily and just gross.

However, it is an incredible moisturiser. It's weird but my chin gets dry as seasons and weather changes. But this product helps to combat that dry skin, and does not break my chin out in the process. I also sometimes get little dry patches on my arms and this product does the trick and helps to get rid of them. I love the texture of the cream. Also the smell is amazing, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love the smell, I love the moisture, its just the packaging that bothers me. But nothing personal with the product. Works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this cream moisturises very well. Its effect lasts long and it isnt sticky. would definately buy again