July 31, 2014 | 1358 users online

Fragrances - Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Tiare

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by patchoul1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't get anything from this smell, except a kind of metallic smell. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ayala

This is review of the older version of the scent from Comptoir Sud Pacifique. The new version, Aloha Tiaré, is not the same scent at all. Generally speaking, the new one is more of a gardenia and tuberose scent, while the older version reminds, while the original, baring the simple name Tiaré, is a creamy and indulging Monoi Oil scent – an infusion of the Tahitian gardenia named Tiaré in coconut oil.

Unfortunately, the beginning of Tiaré is overwhelming and smells strongly of artificial jasmine and gardenia on an oily background of coconut and vanilla. The intensity level is so overwhelming that it gives off the impression of fueling gas. Luckily, after about half an hour it softens into a creamy scent of white flowers condensed and immersed into coconut oil infused with vanilla beans. The drydown is not unlike Songes, but less sophisticated.

Tiaré reminds me very much of Yves Rocher’s Monoi de Tahiti body and hair oil – also discontinued, unfortunately. I think I prefer the scent of Monoi as a body product, in an oil base, rather than as a perfume. There is something more appealing about it as a beach scent per-se, rather than a scent that suppose to remind us of the beach. There is something about this that just makes it feel fake.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kolumbra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too complains : base is VERY artificial , my hasband strongly dislike the aroma .. U have to be careful with a dose , especially in a hot weather it could be very disturbing . The bottle is a beauty . Will not repurchase it .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know this from experience but have heard that Montale's Intense Tiare is very similiar if not better than the CSP Tiare. I have Montale and it is wonderful. It is gardenia, coconut and vanilla and lasts forever. Parfums Raffy is the only place I could find it but if you decide to order you won't be disappointed. The price is $135 for 3.4oz. And just like CSP, it also comes in this cool aluminum bottle to preserve the fragrance and is in a black cloth case with a clip that has the Montale initial instead of a top. Awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 5:27:00 AM More reviews by lafrancaise

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Heavenly! J'adore ce fragrance de Tiare! It reminds me of a tropical beach at midnight, drinking champagne near a garden spilling over with flowers. It is sweet, but sulty and reminds me of the Monoi Tahitian Gardenia oil that I used to rub on my body when sunning by the pool. I guess it has so many scent memories for me that I must give it 5 lippies. If you love the idea of being on a tropical island with all the myriad flowers - especially the heady gardenia - this is for you. It's infinitely better than the Tiare frangrance by French West Indies. It lasts a long time too, and I've received dozens of compliments when wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

Tiare in its original formulation was a gorgeous tropical scent composed of vanilla, coconut and gardenia. The drydown is just incredibly beautiful: the most voloptuous gardenia I have found. Good staying power, too. It's eerily similar to Yves Rocher's discontinued Monoi body spray. Not a repeat purchase for me, however, as florals just don't do it for me anymore. Bottles of the old Tiare scent can still be bought here:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

This review is for the original Tiare; there is a separate category for its (much inferior) successor, Aloha Tiare. I really loved this fragrance, and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing it before it was discontinued. It's one of the few CSP's that does not turn into that typical CSP vanilla after an hour. Instead, it retains the sweet, delicious combination of coconut, gardenia, and vanilla throughout its entire lifespan. It's also fairly long-lasting on me, over 6 hours. I'll be very sad when my sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2004 5:38:00 PM More reviews by fragrance_fanatic

I'm assuming this is for Aloha Tiare. It's pretty overpowering and has a mixture of vanilla, coconut and tropical flowers. Sort of smells like what a car freshener would smell like as well. Test before buying.
Strong & artificial!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ariadne

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a bottle of Tiare untested, relying on previous successful experiences with CSP fragrances. After many attempts to convince myself that this scent in all its "Beach Holiday in a Bottle" glory belonged in my perfume wardrobe, I had to concede defeat. It wasn't a *terrible* scent, it was just, for want of a better description, a LOUD scent. And before anyone suggests otherwise, I did *not* bathe in it!! :D Sadly, I never detected any of the vaunted coconut or vanilla I was promised amid the gaudy florals or the riot of tropical fruits, but, when I was wearing this scent, I never had a problem BEING detected. Tiare, on me, became a deadly weapon, an olfactory battering ram that punched anyone who dared step within sniffing distance right in the chops. The sight of people wilting in my wake convinced me to give up on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sarabeegee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the stinkiest, strongest, most plastic smelling stuff I've ever smelled. The real Tiare oil from Tahiti is luscious, but CSP Tiare is awful. Way too much fake coconut!