October 23, 2014 | 1741 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Fresh Touch foaming facial cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by linerqueen24

A lovely gentle daily cleanser! I use this twice a day, for both my showers and it moisturises my sensitive, acne-prone skin wonderfully. Doesn't even irritate my skin at all, no stinging surprisingly! I don't use this to take off my makeup as I use the Simple facial wipes but it certainly does cleanse the face. The packaging however is the only con as the cap doesn't click back in, well not on mine anyway. Overall, a nice, gentle, refreshing cheap facial cleanser. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to love this cleanser. Unfortunately, I can't for the glaring reason that it stings my eyes and nostrils. I suspect it's because it contains lauric acid. This ingredient can cause stinging on your eyes and mucous membrane area. You will also need a second pass to remove stubborn mascara (not waterproof) on your eye area. Other than that, it is an excellent SLS-free cleanser and does not dry my skin. It has a nice creamy lather and light scent. I just wish it didn't sting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by review1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is combination oily with fickle pores, and I usually shy away from anything marketed towards dry skin. However my skin had been suffering a little with winter in full swing and I figured a cleanser with some soothing properties couldn't hurt. This cleanser has been pleasantly surprising!

At first I wasn't happy with the way my skin felt after cleansing, my face felt curiously tight. Not in the way a pore clearing mask would feel, almost like there was an in-washable residue pulling my skin taught. This sensation made me nervous about breaking out, I generally have very few blemishes, but when my complexion doesn't agree with a product, it does so with vengeance. But I decided to give it a fair go, and to trust my toner to do its job (also dove)

Within 3 days I noted a difference in my skin and after using this twice daily for three weeks I'm well and truly convinced of its magic.

Pros:
* my skin looks plump, and perfectly moisturised.

* My problem pores look non-existent (even during what is traditionally my monthly 7 days of crater pores)

* My skin is left feeling cleansed and refreshed long after the application of other products.

* The small amount of product goes a long way.

*The pricing and value for money is extremely reasonable (at $7 AUD)

Cons:
* Although I feel it adds to my skin, rather than stripping it like a lot of cleansers, I have been very hesitant to use this on my eye area.

* Whilst not a problem for me the claim that the cleanser 'foams' is misleading. Water is needed to activate the product but it forms a thin bubbled liquid, not a foam.

* This product has a definite long term moisturising effect, but it doesn't immediately leave the skin feeling moisturised like, say, a cleansing milk would, and I'm not sure how truly dry skin would react to that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

With the Sydney weather getting cooler I decided to try this cleanser as it has supposedly been formulated for dry to normal skin. My skin in fact is dehydrated but oils up throughout the day so I tend to avoid cleansers for dry skin, and given that this cleanser is marketed for dry to normal skin I didn't expect it to leave my skin feeling tight. For anyone with truly dry skin I would not recommend this at all. It's a good basic cleanser for skin that can tolerate a thorough cleanse. I don't plan to repurchase because there are plenty of other cleansers out there that do a similar job and I haven't found this to be as gentle on my skin as I would've liked. It's good value for money, as the tube lasts for ages.