I want to love this cleanser. Unfortunately, I can't for the glaring reason that it stings my eyes and nostrils. I suspect it's because it contains lauric acid. This ingredient can cause stinging on your eyes and mucous membrane area. You will also need a second pass to remove stubborn mascara (not waterproof) on your eye area. Other than that, it is an excellent SLS-free cleanser and does not dry my skin. It has a nice creamy lather and light scent. I just wish it didn't sting.
My skin is combination oily with fickle pores, and I usually shy away from anything marketed towards dry skin. However my skin had been suffering a little with winter in full swing and I figured a cleanser with some soothing properties couldn't hurt. This cleanser has been pleasantly surprising!
At first I wasn't happy with the way my skin felt after cleansing, my face felt curiously tight. Not in the way a pore clearing mask would feel, almost like there was an in-washable residue pulling my skin taught. This sensation made me nervous about breaking out, I generally have very few blemishes, but when my complexion doesn't agree with a product, it does so with vengeance. But I decided to give it a fair go, and to trust my toner to do its job (also dove)
Within 3 days I noted a difference in my skin and after using this twice daily for three weeks I'm well and truly convinced of its magic.
* my skin looks plump, and perfectly moisturised.
* My problem pores look non-existent (even during what is traditionally my monthly 7 days of crater pores)
* My skin is left feeling cleansed and refreshed long after the application of other products.
* The small amount of product goes a long way.
*The pricing and value for money is extremely reasonable (at $7 AUD)
* Although I feel it adds to my skin, rather than stripping it like a lot of cleansers, I have been very hesitant to use this on my eye area.
* Whilst not a problem for me the claim that the cleanser 'foams' is misleading. Water is needed to activate the product but it forms a thin bubbled liquid, not a foam.
* This product has a definite long term moisturising effect, but it doesn't immediately leave the skin feeling moisturised like, say, a cleansing milk would, and I'm not sure how truly dry skin would react to that.
With the Sydney weather getting cooler I decided to try this cleanser as it has supposedly been formulated for dry to normal skin. My skin in fact is dehydrated but oils up throughout the day so I tend to avoid cleansers for dry skin, and given that this cleanser is marketed for dry to normal skin I didn't expect it to leave my skin feeling tight. For anyone with truly dry skin I would not recommend this at all. It's a good basic cleanser for skin that can tolerate a thorough cleanse. I don't plan to repurchase because there are plenty of other cleansers out there that do a similar job and I haven't found this to be as gentle on my skin as I would've liked. It's good value for money, as the tube lasts for ages.