April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Fresh Touch foaming facial cleanser

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I want to love this cleanser. Unfortunately, I can't for the glaring reason that it stings my eyes and nostrils. I suspect it's because it contains lauric acid. This ingredient can cause stinging on your eyes and mucous membrane area. You will also need a second pass to remove stubborn mascara (not waterproof) on your eye area. Other than that, it is an excellent SLS-free cleanser and does not dry my skin. It has a nice creamy lather and light scent. I just wish it didn't sting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by review1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is combination oily with fickle pores, and I usually shy away from anything marketed towards dry skin. However my skin had been suffering a little with winter in full swing and I figured a cleanser with some soothing properties couldn't hurt. This cleanser has been pleasantly surprising!

At first I wasn't happy with the way my skin felt after cleansing, my face felt curiously tight. Not in the way a pore clearing mask would feel, almost like there was an in-washable residue pulling my skin taught. This sensation made me nervous about breaking out, I generally have very few blemishes, but when my complexion doesn't agree with a product, it does so with vengeance. But I decided to give it a fair go, and to trust my toner to do its job (also dove)

Within 3 days I noted a difference in my skin and after using this twice daily for three weeks I'm well and truly convinced of its magic.

Pros:
* my skin looks plump, and perfectly moisturised.

* My problem pores look non-existent (even during what is traditionally my monthly 7 days of crater pores)

* My skin is left feeling cleansed and refreshed long after the application of other products.

* The small amount of product goes a long way.

*The pricing and value for money is extremely reasonable (at $7 AUD)

Cons:
* Although I feel it adds to my skin, rather than stripping it like a lot of cleansers, I have been very hesitant to use this on my eye area.

* Whilst not a problem for me the claim that the cleanser 'foams' is misleading. Water is needed to activate the product but it forms a thin bubbled liquid, not a foam.

* This product has a definite long term moisturising effect, but it doesn't immediately leave the skin feeling moisturised like, say, a cleansing milk would, and I'm not sure how truly dry skin would react to that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

With the Sydney weather getting cooler I decided to try this cleanser as it has supposedly been formulated for dry to normal skin. My skin in fact is dehydrated but oils up throughout the day so I tend to avoid cleansers for dry skin, and given that this cleanser is marketed for dry to normal skin I didn't expect it to leave my skin feeling tight. For anyone with truly dry skin I would not recommend this at all. It's a good basic cleanser for skin that can tolerate a thorough cleanse. I don't plan to repurchase because there are plenty of other cleansers out there that do a similar job and I haven't found this to be as gentle on my skin as I would've liked. It's good value for money, as the tube lasts for ages.