October 23, 2014 | 1800 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very watery and you need to use A LOT to get it all foamy. I don't recommend it. Although the smell is not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by jwyl

Nice invigourating scent. A rather thin consistency for a shower gel/body wash, but still manageable and it lathers quite well. Doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. Scent does not linger on the skin once the product is rinsed off. A bit expensive for the amount you get, but I would buy again if on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by luna1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my, this product smells heavenly. I really enjoy using this in the shower and it makes me smell like a sweet, gingery and grapefruity goddess. You won't regret buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love the natural ingredients! the scent is very nice and I like that it doesn't linger. doesn't dry the skin and is pleasant to use. will definitely repurchase. this was another happy discovery. I enjoy the natural aroma.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

This is just an "okay" soap for me. It smells great and very energizing, but I feel like it isn't very bubbly/sudsy, so I have to use more product than I should. I wasn't very impressed, but it isn't horrible either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

WHAT THE....How have I done like 500 reviews and been through so many natural products and not ever tried anything from Burt Bees? Buying this was initially a mistake. I returned an item to the Cosmetic outlet store 'and I couldn't find anything in there that I wanted so I picked up a few bottles of this to replace it with. I've read many a review on Burt Bees, most not being that great saying their products contained petroleum which clogs my skin like crazy so I've avoided them thus far but I read the label and this didn't. I can't use body washes usually because they irritate my claat (privates), waaaay too harsh down there but tonight I got so hot I decided to take a shower and used a little and WOW. This product is GREAT. I LOVE ginger (I actually buy it raw and candied and juiced, it's my addiction) and mix that smell with citrus which I also love it's a YES to this. My skin didn't dry out after my shower either which is amazing. I'll use it for a few more days. If my skin gets mad at it i'll use it as hand wash, if not i'll be flying back down to the store and buying up the rest of the $4.99 bottles. NOTE: I washed my hair with it as well and it made my hair ridiculously soft.

1 MONTH UPDATE I use this to wash my hair daily (yes i'm black with afro textured hair but I cut my hair down to half a cm so I can do crazy sh*t like that. lol). It's working well. So well that i'm using it for hand washing too. If it didn;t contain glycerine I'd probably do what i'm interesting in trying next, brushing my teeth with only soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lathers really well (I use a Salux bath cloth), feels good on skin, and leaves skin feeling moisturized and soft. Price is reasonable. The only possible thing to not like about it is the scent; it's definitely not bad, but I don't like ginger so it's not the best, for me. I think many would like the scent though, it smells like a slightly spicy clean smell. The smell doesn't linger much after you dry off, though, which is good. Overall a good product for Burt's Bees, I will give a "yes" for repurchase because it's not the products fault I have a vendetta against ginger.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I first received this as a sample in the Essential Body Kit and loved how much it smelled that the next time I went to Walmart I snagged a full sized bottle. I will admit that for the price it doesn't wash as well as I would expect but who cares? It smells heavenly!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by LoLo13

so i had gotten a trial size in one of the burts bees sampler packs and im loving this body wash. the smell is AMAZING! love all the ingredients and how it leaves my skin hydrated. the only thing i dont like is that the wash seems a little runny. i am going to buy the full size product and hoping the formula isnt as runny as the trial size

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by streetsofyourtown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hey, impressive! I've just gotten out of the shower after using this for the first time. I used it with one of those fluffy body scrubbers made of netting, and found that it lathered up a lot. Although the product was runny and watery in the bottle, the suds were thick and really creamy. It was an effective cleanser without causing my skin to feel dry afterwards. It has a very unusual but pleasing smell.

I received this item in a sample size as part of Burt's Bees "Essential Body Kit". I'm not entirely sure if I'll purchase the full size bottle due to the price- to me, body washes generally don't differ all that much, and I could get the same effects at a much lower cost. That said, this is my favourite I've used yet, and perhaps after a few more washes I won't be able to give it up. And if a product is so nice that I feel compelled to review it directly after trying it out, that says a lot!