September 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Kiss and Tell

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by evilplaidkitten

I received this in Kismet -- it's sorta a sticky, fake-sweet, over all weird feeling gloss. The color itself wasn't bad, just every other aspect of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got really scared when I read the reviews of the blue flavor after I ordered it, but i love it! My lips are a pinkish color and the blue doesn't even show up. I love blue raspberry flavors so it is perfect. and the lid is cute with the magic 8 ball on top. Very kid-like and I can appreciate that.
I also got the strawberry flavor, and it smells like powdered strawberry kool-aid drink. Reminds me of when i was a youngin! they don't last a long time but have great shine.
UPDATE: I leave this on my desk at work, and for some reason, it leaks. I can't tell if it is the gloss or the liquid with the magic 8 ball. So that is kind of annoying. If i get halfway thru the bottle it will have paid for itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

I made use of Hard Candy's 75% discount and bought this in ALL colors!!! (Now HC's website prices have increased to 50% discount too bad for those who haven't purchased earlier). The best color I feel is Fate which is a bright red. All colors are sheer. Best fragrance is also Fate, which on website HC describes as "red apple" but I feel it's more akin to a juicy strawberry. Taste is barely there. Destiny is an interesting sheer blue which does make slightly yellowed teeth appear whiter in pictures, and the blue doesn't really show up on lips. As for the 8 ball concept, it's not really a ball, it is a dice, which explains why a reviewer below complained about shaking it. I don't have the same issues as her, perhaps she just got a faulty piece? My least liked color is Luck which is an orangey peach, it just dulls and makes my lips more like my skin tone. Frankly the texture of Kiss & Tell series is comparable to Chanel Glossimers where they're very emollient and only slightly sticky. Colors of course are sheer, nowhere shimmery like Glossimers. Overall a great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 6:34:00 AM More reviews by alohacarol

for those who are late on the news. Hard Candy is having 75% SALE! which is why i bought a whole bunch of products from here. (trust me I would never ever buy anything from here or else) So I got the Fate and tried them on today. It has sheer red tint in the gloss. It looks like my lips but a prettier version of it with a gloss. The texture of the gloss is kind of weird...waxy?? But I bought this is such a low price I really can't complain much. THe smell to is sweet but not really sweet in a pleasant way. (Trust me I love sweet smell..I wear Aqualina Pink Sugar) Anyways I would def wear this gloss on a regular day basis on school or when I feel casual. However if I'm on a date or going out night, I will apply something more dramatic than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lolita_terrorist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a gloss they work ok. I bought the blue one "Destiny" after reading an early reviewer say it made her pink lips a slight peach tint. This sounded good to me so I bought it for myself. Upon application I looked like I had zombie lips. They were seriously a nude lilac color. Not as appealing as I had hoped. My biggest problem was with the magic 8 ball type lid. No matter how much I would shake it, it sometimes took 3 or even 4 tries to get a clear cut answer. Wasn't that the whole point of buying these? For the fun little magic 8 ball? I considered buying another shade, but if the magic 8 ball doesn't even work well why bother?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Yup, i was sucked in by the gimmick and the colours. I bought Destiny, Fortune, Kismet and luck but from the full range, i have nothing to rave about with these. Sure, they smell lovely but agreed, they are too sweet and don't really last particularly well. I think i'll stick with supershine and the cubes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the airport. It was kinda cute what's with the eight ball etc.

But I hated it the first time I use.

1. Smell- It smells so sickly sweet.
2. Gooey- I read it wasn't gooey for you guys? I feel it really gooey and sticky. I didn't like it at all.
3. Hardened- It sort of hardened into little pieces during autumn? Really awful.

Edit: Recently, I've started using it with other pigments and it looks really well. It still has point 1 and 2 above. But perhaps because it is summer now, it doesn't clump and looks really pretty. BUT still STICKY!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually did buy an extra Fate because I used up so much of my current one last summer. It's a clear reddish tinted gloss, but I love the cherry flavor which is a blast back to my 80s childhood. Delicious.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ilovemybandgeek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this one in Kismet, the apricot-ish color. I don't like the smell very much...it's waaay too syrupy-sweet for me. I think the Magic 8 ball-type thing in the cap is really cute,though. That's the main reason why I bought it. I hardly use the gloss so I doubt I'll run out of it.