January 30, 2015 | 1721 users online

Skincare - Face - Buf Puf Face Sponge-Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:33:00 PM More reviews by paridae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used both the face and body Buf Pufs in the past and now only use the body one. Skin freaks might want to look away, but I use the same body buf puf on my face now and stopped buying the face ones. I buy them on amazon. I'm not sure if that's the cheapest place or not, but it's easy and you can get 6-packs.

I used to have a Clarisonic brush and also have a Neutrogena microdermabrasion brush. My Clarisonic was nice but broke in less than 6 months. Huge bummer, and I would also notice buildup under the brush attachment. Yuck. The Neutrogena brush is a much better deal, but it felt like it was beating up my face, and I don't like that the pads come with cleanser already on them.

Enter Buf Puf. I have really difficult dry skin on my body. My face is more combination. I use the Buf Puf everywhere. Head to toe.

The most impressive results I have from these are on my nose (so smooth!) and my shoulders, upper arms, and back. My skin magically seems to be simultaneously dry and oily in these areas. Lucky, right? While my face doesn't break out often, my shoulders and back do, and frequently. My skin was eternally bumpy. Buf pufs have made my skin in these "trouble areas" SO MUCH smoother. It's dramatic. I'm a convert. No more wash cloths. No more fancy electric brushes. No more scrubs. Only buf puf. Praise buf puf.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

I love this product.
What I do is cut up the sponge in quarters--I like using it in a smaller size so I can maneuver the sponge better around my face, and you get more bang for your buck (I can stretch 1 full sponge for up to 2 months). Every time I use it (1-2x week), I still get amazed at how much dirt, gunk & dead skin it lifts off my skin, and as a result, not only does it make my skin look and feel better but makeup glides more smoothly & stays puts better as well. Amusingly, I can only buy this from a hardware/DIY chain here, and it's not exactly cheap but it's quite effective so I'll definitely be repurchasing over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by HealthBeauty10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This sponge is amazing. It removed a lot of my blackheads and skin impurities. My skin looks and feels so much better. It's smoother, brighter, and tighter. I tried the Clarisonic Mia 2, but it didn't work for me. It made my skin softer, but broke me out quite a bit.

I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I adore this little guy. After my face heals from a chemical peel (COMPLETELY HEALS) I use this to get the little leftover flakies off. I go gentle with it. Anyway, I wash it with baby shampoo and run alcohol over it to try and keep it sterile while it's still good, then when it's on it's last leg and looking raggedy, I just go get a new one. They are pretty darn cheap. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this little thing!!! You can exfoliate as gently or aggressively as you would like to! I use this everyday and can not live without it!! I used to dream of owning a clarisonic Mia but can never afford one. I use this as an exfoliant with my cleanser and now I see no use for a clarisonic because this works my cleanser in like wow! I love love love this. A major staple in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Buf Pufs (the original white one and the peach-coloured gentle one) are no longer available in Canada. There are store brand versions of the white sponge but they neither work as well nor last nearly as long as the original. So every time I go over the border, I pop into a drugstore and grab a few of these.

The beauty of the Buf Puf Gentle is that it turns your favourite cleanser into an excellent exfoliating product whenever you feel you need "something extra". It is easy to adjust the level of "scrub" you give yourself just by going a bit more gently or more aggressively. And no fears of getting bits of scrubbing beads into your eyes. Simple, inexpensive and effective...how great is that?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** 08/16/13

I've come to the conclusion that this has been irritating my skin. I've stopped using it and my skin is slowly recovering. I do NOT recommend using this daily as I did, it seemed to work for a while then started to sensitize my skin. Maybe my skin was too sensitive for it from the get-go. I will not be using or repurchasing these again, there are much better & gentler physical exfoliant alternatives out there. BTW I actually found the Walgreens brand to be better then the original (not as scratchy).

___________________________________________________

I really like these sponges. They do such a nice job at exfoliating my skin and making my cleanser get really deep down to give my skin a better clean. I just started using these about a month ago and I really have noticed a difference in my skin, the texture is much more even, smooth, and overall just more radiant. I find this sponge in particular to be far superior to other types of facial sponges. I have very problematic skin that doesn't exfoliate itself properly and clogs easily. This really helps combat it. I can use it everyday without it hurting my skin (as long as you don't press and scrub too hard). I use this at night before going to bed and I feel as if my moisturizer just sinks into my skin better and I always wake up with a glow since I started using these. I suggest getting the Gentle version as I find it to be more than enough for my skin. The only place I've found the Buf-Puf brand is at Ulta and you can sometimes find them buy one get one free. Overall, I highly recommend this sponge for anyone that wants the most out of their skincare and needs a good exfoliation without having to get the Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lilylou40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this all the time but then it disappeared from the shelves of my local drug stores and big box stores. It does a wonderful job of exfoliating my skin and I am sooo happy that I found this wonderful product on amazon and ordered several packages. The small daily pufs are wonderful as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could not find this in stores, had to order on Amazon.

Leaves my skin feeling much smoother than any scrub!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by bdgreen74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love the Buff Puff. I have been using Noxema (now I use generic noxema, I like it better) and Buff Puff to clean my face since I was at least in high school if not junior high (I'm 36 now). I have tried other face care products and nothing has ever stacked up to this combo. I get told often that I have great skin, no wrinkles, no big pores, etc... and I 100% attribute it to this. Expensive doesn't always mean better. I highly recommend Noxema (or generic) and the gentle Buff Puff for all skin types. Just an FYI, the generic Buff Puffs are no where near as good. Spend the extra to get the real thing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No