Chapstick (All Flavors)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Active ingredient - White Petrolatum 45%, arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, oleyl alcohol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, red 6 lake, titanium dioxide, white wax, yellow 5 lake

Chapstick is one of my favorite lip balms! I've been using them since I was a small child, and my favorites are strawberry, spearmint, and blue crazeberry (I miss that flavor so much! I hope they bring it back eventually).

They're cheap, available in most stores, and there's many flavors to choose from. They really do keep my lips soft and I like the waxy feel of them. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to their SPF flavors, which is why I took a lippie off.

I don't recommend them if you're into all natural products or are concerned about the ingredients causing harm.

on 4/3/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love some good old Chapstick, because it's quick, simple, and effective. My favorite is the cherry (or is it strawberry 😑) Chapstick because it makes my lips soft and smooth. It also gives my lips a slightly pink color which in my opinion makes them look nice and healthy. I also like the moisturizing one in the blue tube for conditioning my lips at night. This is not my holy grail, but I definitely keep it around to use every once in a while. I would definitely try it if you're looking for something really good and really affordable.

on 1/24/2015 6:48:00 PM

The BEST! Nothing works as good as Chapstick brand. It stays on, moisturizers very well, and instantly soothes chapped lips. I also love that they come in fun seasonal flavors. I am a Chapstick hoarder :) I have it at work, my makeup bag, purse, and several at home. It's cheap and is great!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like to buy these when they are sale. I like them better than Burt's Bees. Just a little on the lips goes a long way.

on 12/27/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My lip hg. I use this constantly. If my lips get even a little dry I get a cold sore. Chapstick is the only thing that keeps my lips consistently moisturized and keeps me from getting cold sores. Can't live without it. My favorites are Candy Cane, Spearmint, and Strawberry.

on 9/10/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Chapstick is actually a decent product for the money paid, especially compared to Burt Bees or some of the other highfalutin lip balms. I like the original (one that has camphor scent) and the peppermint flavors. I do not think it nourishes the lips in any way, but it does add a layer of protection from the cold and wind.
I am just wary of the oxybenzene (?) or similar 'controversial' ingredients in this balm.

One nice use I found, is to melt the lip balm on very low heat and add rose and vanilla essential oils. Voila! We have a low-cost rose salve ready! It smells sweet and feels good on the lips too. I use a mix of rose, lavender and vanilla (rose being higher percentage). Smells delicious. One could also add a little olive oil or apricot kernel oil, to make the balm thinner.

Of course, I also have the original camphor scented balm handy!

3.5/5

on 7/20/2014 1:23:00 PM

I found that I can't use the ones with red dye in them as they strangely irritate my lips, and most of the other flavors seem to be a lot thinner and don't moisturize. I'm addicted to the Vanilla Mint & Cake Batter flavors (I'm not even one of those people who go gaga over anything Cake Batter). I highly recommend those to anyone in need of every day lip care.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I gotta admit, I'm actually disappointed. I used to love this lip balm. But I tried it again quite a while ago, and it was horrible. It was awfully thin on my lips and it didn't absorb into my lips to make it soft or smooth. It was just like plastic film sitting on my lips. So then, I tried it overnight also. When I woke up, my lips were all wrinkly and small, like it was pruned! Ugh, it just wasn't right. The only good thing about this chapstick is the price and availability.

on 6/27/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

ChapStick is the greatest. They recently changed the formula and took out the SPF in their classic formulas much to my delight. When I want SPF, I want one greater than four, and I don't want any SPF if I'm going out at night or just staying indoors. Classic ChapSticks take me back to my childhood in the 1970s. I've tried lots of different lip balms as probably everybody has but have recently come back to ChapStick. I love how ChapStick is waxy. I love how ChapStick sits on top of your lips. ChapStick works! My lips do not chap. ChapStick works great under lipstick. I love the Classic Original especially. I don't want a lip balm that tastes of fruit or flowers all the time--certainly not when I'm eating vegetable soup, for example. I also love that ChapStick is a stick. I find dipping my finger in a jar of balm or ointment to be a little gross, and squeeze tubes sometimes split. I'll just stick to ChapStick. My lips are smooth, not chapped. I love to use ChapStick before I brush my teeth, as well. My lips have a beautiful sheen to them and feel protected. ChapStick is all I need!

on 6/8/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have had terrible problem with chapped, peeling and cracked lips all my life. I think I finally got it solved. I use the regular (black tube) chapstick as SEALANT. It goes on before I shower, before I wash my face or brush my teeth. I also use it under my lip colors.

So basically, I have found that too much water on my lips dries them out. So using this as a sealer has been very helpful. I wouldn't say that it's a good moisturizer but it will keep moisturizer in and so whatever you're using as a lip moisturizer, whether that be Aquaphor, or some oil or even eye cream, use this after and then go to bed. Things should begin to improve within a few days. I no longer have a crack in the middle of my lips that opens and bleeds when I smile and I also no longer have as much peeling. I buy it in the three tube package and put one near the bed, one at my desk at work, one in the bathroom. One also in my purse along with whatever lip balm I'm using. This product is not a moisturizer, it's a sealant. It goes over lip balm.

Top Rated Chapstick Products