September 19, 2014 | 1776 users online

Scrubs - Bobbi Brown - Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I was given samples of this by the sales ppl at BB. OMG! i love this!! This reminds me of a similar product The Body Shop had a really long time ago and has since been discontinued. Im so happy this Japanese Adzuki beans are back. The grains are gentle enough to slough off grime and isnt as harsh as apricot scrubs! I just add water, apply, rinse. The sales person suggested to use cleanser, mix and apply but water works fine for me. My face feels softer, smoother and clearer just after a few days. Its smells like fermented rice but im ok with it. Definitely, gonna get this one. The packaging looks clean and classy in my bathroom. I like it. Like all BB products, u need to burn ur pockets! Exorbitant prices!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like some other reviewers of this product, I also started out with a little sample packette of the Adzuki Buffing Grains. I have only used the product in combination with my facial cleanser, not on its own. I have used Kiehl's Extra Gentle cleanser, which is a milky, non foaming cleanser and added the grains, making a paste and softly exfoliated my face. The resulting paste is relatively smooth and I like the soft natural scent of the ground beans. It remotely reminds me of oats and I find this smell soothing. I did not find the particles sharp or rough. I have sensitive skin and I have experienced rosacea from time to time years ago and so I try to be gentle to my skin and avoid any irritation. On the other hand, obviously regular exfoliation is a necessary basis for my skin treatments that follow to have their maximum effect.
So far so good, I have used it for three weeks, once a week, and I have been experimenting a bit with the amount of grains I have used each time. I find that a dime size of the powdered grains poured into my palm and worked into a paste is sufficient to massage my whole face. Therefore, I agree with the reviewers who stated that they think that the price of one jar of this product is actually reasonable, given the fact that it should last for a year or longer. I also found that it takes a good amount of rinsing to remove any stray particles, but I didn't find this to be a real issue. My skin has been smooth after using the grains and I have not experienced any issues with redness or irritation. I have just today purchased a jar and will continue to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by chikahendrawan

you can get the same thing from the body shop spa collection for half the price, double the size! anw, it is undeniable that the product does such an awesome job to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product. Grains that you add to water to create a paste, or you can add it to any cleanser to create a scrub. I found it not to be scrubbing enough for me and messy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

Not good for sensitive skin at all. I've tried using it with water making a paste, in my cleanser, etc, but the grains are just too harsh for my skin. After I use it, my skin is left with a painful stinging sensation, so I have stopped using it because it's too rough for me.

The lip of the jar is also fairy wide, so the grains can get a little messy pouring out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm writing this at the request of my sister. Both of us have similar skin issues as far as sensitivity goes (although I definitely have more allergic/reactive skin), and exfoliation can be such a pain in the butt. It's necessary so that I can get rid of the occasional dullness and to prevent build up. And also just because I like that feeling of smoothness right afterwards. But so many scrubs are too harsh for my skin, and all the additives and ingredients just cause further problems. My skin just doesn't do well with cleansers that are disguised as scrubs and vice versa. And the majority of scrubs out there seem to be along those lines. Or there's the other end of the scale with scrubs that just don't have enough of a texture to feel like they're actually exfoliating.

But this is the perfect middle ground. The texture is very fine, similar to sand, but it has a smoothed out shape so it doesn't cut my skin or overstimulate. I love that it's simple too. No liquid binders or ingredients to irritate. Just nice little grains to buff out my skin when I need it.

I've been using this for about four years now and I love it. I only have to purchase it once a year and I use it about 2-3 times per week. I vary in how I use it. Sometimes I pour a little bit in my palm and just add a little water and it works great. Other times I add a bit to my cleanser if I want that soapy feeling. I use about a dime sized amount every time.

I love the jar for some reason. It just feels like the perfect container for this, even though it is glass and isn't the best for travel. But the lid screws on tight and I've never had any problems with moisture seeping in. And surprisingly no breaks or spills yet, which is awesome considering I'm not the most coordinated.

I highly recommend this for sensitive skin, or just for anyone looking for a simple scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So Important

The two most important things in taking care of my skin are thorough cleansing and exfoliating. I have been exfoliating in one way or another since my early twenties, and even though I have great skin genes...it has helped. Couldn't go a day without exfoliating.

I kept getting samples of these and finally I had to purchase. Am glad I made the investment. Itís so inexpensive, really. They last a long time and gently buff my face. I can also use my cleanser without them when I'm using a more aggresive scrub or peel that day.. My face needs different levels of exfoliation. There are
"exfoliating cleansers" out there, but I canít adjust them for my needs or put them near my eyes. At night, I take my eye makeup off with my cleanser (which is Purity Made Simple), then squirt a little more Purity in my hand and mix in the cleansing grains. Simple.

I still have half my bottle left, and I purchased months ago. The rest of my skin care and makeup is nothing without a good buffing:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dededa80

This is a great scrub for people like me who tend to get a lot of black heads around the nose area. It really cleans deep into the skin. After using this, the blackheads around my nose visably disappear.... however this isn't a gentle product, so I never use it around the face area. I use this twice a week just for the nose area....It keeps blackheads away. The packaging is wonderful too, I love bobbi brown packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing this since it came out, but the MA told me that it was not good for me because I have sensitive-ish skin. Years later (now), I decided to buy anyway. I paid $50+ cad for it. I like that I can just add it to any cleanser. They are bit scratchy, but i don't use a lot of force when I use it. There is no smell to it. This bottle is going to last me forever!

I found a cheaper alternative: Mark has a similar product for $12 Cad.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by chickflickhehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample envelope in a swap. You only need a tiny amount of this when exfoliating each week. Prior to this I had an envelope of exfoliating sand grains from the skincare business I worked for which was absolutely perfect--the grains are fine enough so that they're not scratching the skin but have enough substance to gently exfoliate. The Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains would be fine just with the white sand grains. I think the larger brown pieces are why this product is too scratchy for the face on the skin. Use great caution when exfoliating--you don't want to scrub or rub your skin; the goal is to allow the cleanser/grains mixture glide over the skin. Scrub too hard and you might risk extra sensitivity.

EDIT: I don't know why I gave it a 3. I'm giving it a 2. Just used the Laura Mercier Face Polish and it's super gentle and will not scratch the skin.