September 18, 2014 | 1322 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Skin Tint in Smashing Tint

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this like 5 years ago - I used it a couple times but was too young to really care that much on how to use it.. stashed it in a drawer and occasionally used it, but now I'm 21 and absolutely love this stuff. I have heat, and for an olive skinned/auburn haired gal, I thought it would look horrendous on me - I rub two short lines over the apples of my cheeks and rub it in - it looks absolutely amazing. Not too bright, looks like a cheery healthy blush and I love the stick. I hear it may be discontinued, glad I still have the whole stick! It lasts so long and you barely need any :/

Edit: I've also started using this on my lips (over a bit of lip balm) and under Revlon's lipgloss in Coral Reef for an amazing coral lip - heat is more of a hot pinky coral, whereas the revlon lipgloss is an orangey coral - makes a wicked combo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by BeachPrincess10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this on ebay for $7, you can still find this and the other colors on ebay for around $7 (even the LE Tokidoki Bella ones). Originally they retailed for $28. Smashbox sells these on their website every once in awhile even after they discontinued these around 2009/2010 (guess they realized discontinuing the skin tints was a mistake and that this is a HG item for a lot of people including myself). I really have no idea why they discontinued their skin tints, everyone loves them and still buys them.

The packaging is nice, sleek and very classic, with velvety black on the outside likes nars multiple sticks, unlike some other stick blushes/highlighters that have a somewhat tacky packaging that you are embarrassed to be seen with LOL (such as the packaging of Benefit's Watt's Up which I personally think looks tacky and not something I would take out of my purse in public). After maybe 6 or so months of carrying this product around in your purse the case will get a little smudged but the same thing happens with the Nars multiple sticks, so if you have one of those then you'll know what I'm talking about.

The color Tint is a great luminizer and maybe even subtle bronzer if you're very fair. It's non-greasy, creamy enough to blend, looks natural (it does have subtle shimmer in it though) and so easy to apply. You can literally apply this without a mirror and you wouldn't have to worry. I get tons of compliments and stares when I wear this. And this product lasts FOREVER, one stick could easily last you over a year even with daily use.
Even though this is a multi-purpose stick meant for lips, cheeks, and wherever else you want some more glam, I wouldn't recommend wearing this alone as a lipstick, its drying and just doesn't work well alone as a lipstick. I only use this as a blush and luminizer.

This is what smashbox said on their website:
SKIN TINT glides over cheeks and lips for a flush of natural-looking color, making you look lit from within. Sheer enough to risk mirror-less application, the antioxidant-packed formula contains vitamins A, C, E, aloe, and echinacea to nourish skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Packaging, fabulous color, formula, amount of product for the price.
Cons: The stick oxidizes in the tube, product has poor staying power on cheeks and looks tarty on lips due to slight metallic sheen.

Details: I love the packaging og this product, it's so practical and easy, I can actually apply this on the go without a mirror, because it's so easy to blend. Lovely!

I got this together with the Bella tone, and at first, I liked this the most, because the color is super-wearable, its a light golden pink with a little bit of metallic shine that goes on sheer and dewy-looking, which I like. Gorgeous color for cheeks when you are slightly tanned, a true HG for summer. Was the initial impression.

Unfortunately, this Tint tone oxidies in the packaging when I don't use it, it's looks as if the deepest pink tones of the stick emerge to the surface of it. Thus, I have to wipe off the top on the back of my hand before I use it, otherwise the first stroke goes on bright barbie pink on my cheeks. Very big issue, since this is a 'on-the-go' kind of product, and I don't like to smear bright pink cream blusher on the back of my hand when I'm in transit. That's something that I would probably live with if this was a bathroom-shelf product, but it's not, so I'm taking off a lippie for that.

The other lippie is off partially due to poor staying power on cheeks and partially due to the relatively poor versatility of this color (compared to the other tints), since it's too pale and metallic to use on (my) lips.

The Bella tint has much better staying power on both lips and cheeks (and looks great on both) and in the long run it has proved to be my favourite tint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the shade Tint in soft lights so I had to try this. I really wanted it for my lips but it was just too pale and didnt really show up because the color was so close to the shade of my lips. On my checks it didnt blend very well but the color was pretty. I'll use this but then stick to my soft lights in Tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Clareo

Love it! I wasn't sure if this color would be right for my skin . . . but it's perfect! I have VERY fair mediterranean skin, so it's often hard to find something that works well with a light olive complexion. This looks so much better than any blush I've ever tried before. It blends smoothly on over my powder foundation; so far no breakouts at all; and it's moisturizing. (I'm on Accutane right now, so my skin is screaming for hydration . . . this definitely helps.) It's not greasy, either. It looks like a true natural flush - which for me is hard to achieve, since my skin really doesn't blush unless I've really exerted myself. As others have noted, the tube is huge for the small amount of product you need for each application, so it'll last forever. I would highly recommend this product! I'm going to get myself to Sephora and test out some of the other colors and see if there's a tint that will work well for evening-going out use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Silverstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this as a highlighter, or as a blush on those days when I just want to look dewy and not made up. The blendability and sheerness of the product are what sold me. Using Lit as a blush, then Tint as a highlighter makes an awesome combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 8:40:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Don't be fooled by the boring tan color of this stick - on my cheek it looks just like NARS Orgasm powder blush! It wears on my AAB/NC25 skin more like a neutral peachy pink with golden shimmer. I was pleasantly surprised how different this looks on the skin than in the tube. Great with my NC25 coloring. I dot the stick onto my cheeks then blend in with fingers or a foundation brush. Feels great on lips too but a bit lighter than I normally wear as lipcolor. Doesn't stain fingertips, washes off easily. Applies nicely, very smooth, not sticky at all. Love the packaging - fat lipstick tube packaging - very sturdy and portable, with tons of product. Fantastic product line, I have this in other colors too. This one is more of a creamy formulation than the others - the others are more gel-like. Definitely worth the $$!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is the newest shade in the skin tints. These are my absolute favorite gel/cream blush. Same idea as NARS multiples but a thin gel instead of a heavy cream. NOt sticky like Tarte gel sticks. These are great. Come in a long black tube. No scent, dont cause breakouts and last all day. Tint is the Orgasm lookalike, a stunning pinky peach with gold shimmer. Absolutely gorgeous. Retails for $28. Great product with my NC30 light olive complexion.