October 30, 2014 | 1747 users online

Makeup Brushes - Kevyn Aucoin - Travel Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by JoanRe101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been collecting Kevyn Aucoin's brushes one piece at a time for a few years now. The Small Eyeshadow Flat Tip is my favorite yet. I find it ideal for working in the crease area. The bristles are slightly less long than the regular KA small eye shadow brush. Of course, like all KA brushes, the bristles are silky soft. I like it well enough to already know it is going to be taking the small eye shadow brush that I already have out of the rotation in my "go-to" brush roll.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by RoseDay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had I only read the previous review before ordering these I would have saved myself a lot of money.

I could find no where on any site the dimensions of these brushes so went ahead and got them. I should have sent them back but I used them and now am stuck with them.

They are good quality, however they are very very tiney. The eyeshadow brushes are basically unusable. I use the blush brush for contour and the contour brush as an eyeshadow brush.

Please save your money. I wish now I would have bought the full size brushes and chopped the handles off. Atleast I would have had usable brushes. I have done this in the past in order to get travel size brushes.

They are listed as mini - I would better describe them as microscopic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I am writing this review in the hopes it will save someone the disappointment which I felt after ordering without having seen it in person first. My purpose for this was simple, I mainly wanted the set to keep in my purse. I knew I would most likely use the powder brush and perhaps one of the eyeshadow brushes but rarely would I use the others. I simply adore my large KA brushes, esp. the big powder/buff brush. Well, when I opened the package I was speachless. It comes in a very tiny, albeit pretty, itty bitty box. I thought my order had been messed up as surely the travel brush set couldn't fit in here. Was it made for Barbie to touch up throughout the day???? Sure enough, it was the brush set. The quality of the brushes didn't seem/feel at all like my large ones, but perhaps because they are so small the lack of hair which can be cramped in the ferule is unbelievably miniscule. The eye brushes were so small I have no idea what I would have used them for... they looked like lip brushes. I really don't need 3 lip brushes though. And, if you think the original KA concealer brush head was small... well, just imagine it 1/3 the size. I didn't actually try these so perhaps they might work for someone but please do not expect them to be like smaller versions of the original. They felt scratchier than my big ones too but I am sure they would have softened a little had I bothered to wash them. I immediately shipped them back and got a refund! FYI: The pictures of this set which you see online seem to be actual size. I mean literally, hold out your hand to the screen and imagine holding the little brush. What a ripoff!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No