April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Athena2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this sunscreen for years, and will continue to do so. However, I am not giving it a higher rating because I only use it on my body and face when I'm at the beach or working in the yard. It works really well at protecting me when I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time. However, I would not wear it on my face if I was going to work, which is what I think it's being marketed for, given the small size of the tube and the price. I think the smell is very strong, but I do tend to be overly sensitive to fragrance. Even though I have dry skin, it feels like it takes forever to soak in to my face, and it feels greasy which is what I would expect from a 55 spf product).

Ultimately, it's good "beach" sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by IHeartMakeup267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best sunblock for shine control ever! My skin is really oily, but this dries matte on my face an keeps it matte for many hours. It doesn't dry my skin out or anything. The white cast is minimal, to avoid it i usually apply bronzer very lightly all over my face, or sometimes i just mix the product in my hand with a bit of tinted sunblock. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SnowboardingBabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even if I dab just a bit over my face, I can still see a white cast all over. I don't think I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have a bad skin reaction to this sunscreen. I really like it. It absorbs amazingly fast and is perfect for a facial sunscreen because it dries down to a near-matte finish, unlike the majority of high-SPF sunscreens that are amazingly greasy even hours after application.

Since many people seem to be having reactions, it might be best to do a spot test on the inside of your elbow before trying it on your face, but if you're not allergic, it really is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by diana33dayman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it irriated my skin and formed red patches on my face! i will stick to my aveeno spf from now on!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by staysavvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I apply this product every morning after moisturizing and before makeup. Provided I let it soak in completely, the texture (thick at first) blends perfectly with my skin and does not interfere with my makeup.

I live in Wisconsin and wear this year-round, but also wore it during a June vacation in California and did not burn.

My HUGE complaint with this is that it hurts any tender skin on my face and melts into my eyes. If I am very careful not to apply it anywhere near my eyes, it's great! However, I want sun protection around my eyes, too ... and this just can't provide it. A bit got into my eye this morning, which caused my eyes to start watering, which caused even more to get into my eyes to the point that I was near blind/looked like I was sobbing at my desk and I had to go to the bathroom and wash off everything around my eyes just to stop. Now my eyes are bloodshot and painful :(

With that in mind, I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by koalasarenotbears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm liking this sunscreen so far.

It's quite thick, and not that easy to spread, but once you get the hang of application, it goes on evenly and smoothly.

It has a light, pleasant fragrance, and is a nice base under my bb cream.

It seems to last very well, I've never burned or tanned when wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of many high/very high protection sunscreens I tried. I used it in very hot weathers of Florida and while holidaying on Southern European seas. It did what I wanted it to do - I did not tan at all! The texture and smell are heaven for such a high sunscreen but honestly forget about it! The reactions your skin gets after using it are horrible! The funny thing is that at first I decided that the very dry (almost peeling) skin around my month, all the red bumps and burning cheeks were all due to the seaside weather - salty air, strong winds and such, it was only then I ran out of it and had to use a different sunscreen I started suspecting Neutrogena but after reading the reviews of MUA members on this product I became convinced of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY. This gave me and a friend an ALLERGIC REACTION. I got red bumps on my face and her face cracked. Got so dry from this it cracked. NEVER BUY. CRAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Alexandria1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm incredibly fair skinned and this is about the only sunscreen that keeps me from burning. It doesn't leave that uncomfortable sticky/oily feeling most other brands do. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a larger bottle. It runs out rather quickly.