November 22, 2014 | 2040 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Age Shield Sunblock SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as my moisturizer and sunscreen daily on my combo/oily skin and it is awesome! I completely disagree with the balling up claims; I have not had this issue at all. The reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is that it is a bit thick so it's a little hard to spread on my skin. But even with me really rubbing it on with my fingers it has never balled up. It keeps my skin hydrated and relatively oil-free almost all day. I use this with Mary Kay's mineral loose powder so that might be why there's no balling for me. I've worn this out in the sun all day without reapplying several times and I haven't burned at all. I highly recommend this product to ladies who have more oily skin than dry and prefer powder foundations to liquid (liquid may be the balling culprit) Hope this helps. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by darcho

When I bought this sunscreen I didn't like it at first. I though it feels too greasy and it didn't protect so well. Lately I started using it on regular basis and I really like it. I also like the Dry Touch sunscreen. When I compared the ingredients it seems that Age Shield is more superior and this is why I bought it. I know it balls up sometimes. I use it with mineral powder (Signature Minerals) and it sits just fine. I am not impressed with it but I think it does the job pretty well.
And I am always careful when applying it around my eyes. This was another reason I hated the Neutrogena sunscreens at first.
I will probably buy this again if not a stronger version of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this sunscreen. It works really well for me, I haven't experienced any of the problems people seem to be having with this. I usually don't put makeup on over it though. If I do it is powder foundation. I like this too because it is fairly moisturizing and I live in northern Nevada so it is pretty dry here. This gives good protection, I have worn it outside in the sun all day many times and haven't got burnt. I will keep buying this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by jelizarose

This sunscreen leaves some kind of white stuff on my face and it makes my skin looks like it's really dry! Also, never apply it near ur eyes. I tried it once n my eyes were burning in the middle of the day!!
I dont really know if it really helps on anti aging or sunblock...since I usually dont go under sunlight

It's worth a try if you have really oily skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

WHAT I HATE ABOUT YOU: (1) you migrate into my eyes even though I don't get you near my eyes. And although it doesn't sting, you fog my contacts (2) You never completely sink in and leave my skin feeling coated and somewhat sticky (3) you ball up terribly (4) I rarely burn and if I do its usually only my nose. Knowing I was going to be in the hot sun for at least 2 hours, I slathered you on 1/2 hr before exposure. My nose and forehead were totally burned after only 1.5 hours of dry exposure. (5) you caused a lovely cystic bump on my forehead

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU: (1) flip top capped tube (2) even with the coating feeling you don't completely grease out my usually greasy skin (3) you don't leave a white cast (4) ingredients include some good anti-oxidants, although in relatively low quantity (5) you don't stink of sunscreen & what scent is there doesn't hang around for long (6) available at Target, CVS, & drugstore.com for $10.

While your Pros are slightly more than you're Cons, you let me burn and therefore let me down. Sorry to say we're done...

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (8%), Octisalate (4%), Octocrylene (2.35%), Oxybenzone (5%)
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Caprylyl Methicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, PPG 17 (IPDI/DMPA Copolymer), Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, BHT, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Tocopherol, Butylene Glycol, Calcium Pantothenate, 1, 2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by felula

This leaves my skin somewhat greasy, but I can live with it because that's what you should put up with when you're using proper chemical sunscreen. You can reduce greasiness a little bit by gently patting your face after applying this sunscreen.This goes on my skin very smoothly and doesn't make my skin feel heavy. I don't know I'll keep using this. I just hate the greasiness of chemical sunscreens(exept for the UltraSheer which contains a lot of silica. but it doesn't contain enough antioxidants).

**UPDATE
The balling up is so severe that I can't apply it on my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rayvin400

I love this product. I must say, I experience the balling too. But, I've noticed that this is a mild exfoliating effect; my skin appears less dull and dry-line free after two months of using it. I used to have dry lines on my forehead, but they are now gone. I have really dry skin and this moisturizes me all day long too! I love it. The only complaint I have is, that after about a month the ingredients seem to separate, and I have to shake the contents back together. I have no problem with they drying time...about 3 minutes. Don't touch your face for 5 minutes after application, and you won't have any "balling" problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by marissakmac

Wow... some of the reviews of this product are really quite bad. I didn't experience any of these problems! I agree that it is a little thick, and it takes a while to dry, however the protection is great and I don't have a problem with using it at all. A little pricey though. I may try a new screen due to the reviews, but overall this one is not too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by meyerdani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to have disagee with most of the reviews for this sunscreen---I really like it! I have absolutely NO problems with this balling up or flaking off my face. I let it sink in for a couple minutes before applying makeup, and I don't have to think about it again. I love the fact that it is fragrance free, photostable (unlike the Dry Touch SPF 30 and 45), has plenty of antioxidants (unlike Dry Touch SPF 55 and 70), is water resistant and sweat-proof (lasts through my afternoon workouts), and doesn't look greasy or shiny at all (almost identical to Dry Touch). I have very oily skin, and I think this is an excellent choice for other oily skinned girls out there. In my opinion, it's the perfect sunscreen! Not to mention you get a 4 oz tube for around $10...fantastic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not as good as the Dry Touch spf 30, but is photostable. Goes on okay, almost like a nice face cream. (may sting some faces, though). It gets progressively greasier and shinier as it wears, and ends up ruining m/u after 1 hour of wear. It didn't sting my skin, which was a plus. Overall, it is just okay. Could work if you have dry skin that isn't too sensitive. Won't repurchase but will use up on my neck, hands, and as a body s/s.