April 21, 2014 | 970 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Marilyn Ovali Pro Hair Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this brush and used it last nt after shampooing..and WOW the results really are salon-like. I've never been able to get the flips/curves in my hair like my stylist does ..and this brush makes it possible at home. normally I have to use velcro curlers to get the volume/shape this brush gives me. I still need to get the routine down but after some practice I think it'll be a breeze. love love it! I have the 3in version which is perfect for my long hair (past shoulders).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by karmiclimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush. I have the 2.5 in. barrel version. Its great for straightening my fine, limp hair. It makes my hair perfectly straight but with volume and shine. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The absolute HG of hairbrushes!!! I have bought several of these for gifts, and everyone loves them. I always use one of these to dry my hair, and it's worked well through various hairstyles. I have been buying these brushes for years and will continue to buy them in the future...I ***enthusiastically*** recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 8:07:00 AM More reviews by rosenbud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the MARILYN GREEN STRAIGHT STYLING BRUSH.
I blow dry my hair staight on a daily basis and had become concerned about the amount of hair being left on my brush once I had finnished and decided it was time I invested in a good quality 100% Boar Hair Brush.
Marilyn Brushes are uniquely different from others I have come across in that the brush is Hour Glass Shaped, this is what the label claims:
"The anatomic shape of its head is thinner in the center providing better adaptaion to the contour of the head. It also allows for maximun tension of the hair. With Marilyn, simply section, 1/4 turn and pull.....no winding!'
Marilyn Gives:

*More Control and more stretching
*Better Styling in less time
*Better Finnishing of hair roots and hair ends
*Stimulation of the scalp
*Prevents carpal tunnel

I chose the 2 1/2 inch which is perfect for my shoulder legnth hair, I am amazed at the difference in my hair after just one week of using this brush. It gives my fine hair volume, dries it poker dot straight and no sore scalp.
I have also noticed my hair is glossier and not at all frizzy or flyaway after blow drying. There is hardly any hair left on the brush afterwards.

It was hard deciding which of the Marilyn Brushes to buy, I would have loved to get all of them!! This one best suited my hair, long and fine and the fact I wanted to create a sleek straight style with added volume.
I have now no need for ceramic hair flat irons as this brush does it all.
I paid about $21 from Ulta which was money well spent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 2:22:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

i was introduced to this brush today by my hair stylist. very wonderful product. it's great for people who are clueless about blowing out their hair (like me) and want to give the flat iron a break. i paid about $20 for the 3 inch version but you can find it for much cheaper on the web.

the barrel is hour-glass shaped and somehow allows you to flip and bend/lift the hair in one motion (i.e. dummy proof). so this plus my blow dryer and i'm set.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No