April 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Pacific Paradise

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is limited edition and getting hard to find and expensive on ebay. I won this slightly used in an auction with Taj Sunset.

I'm giving this 5 lippies, even though I want to subtract one lippie for not enough staying power. It does NOT stay for a long time.

But IMO this is almost a perfect perfume. It's sweet and fresh without being cloying, and even though I can sense some citrus, fruit, and flowers, I can't say one specific thing that it smells like.

I look at perfume the same way I do wine. I don't want an expensive wine that all the "experts" say is so good, but one I think tastes nice (a little sweet without being overly sweet) and gets the job done-even if it's cheap and comes in a box. I'm not a wine snob, and I'm not a perfume snob, either. I just want one that I think smells nice.

All the scents blend into one nice smell-very nice. It's not too sweet, not too flowery (hello all you perfumes with too much tuberose or gardenia, or freesia, or jasmine), not too citrusy (hello Light Blue)...not too anything, just pretty and nice. I imagine most men will like this.

I don't see how anyone could hate this, unless they got a bottle that had turned bad.

From fragrantica: The composition is made of fruity notes and floral bouquet. It represents a mixture of lime, Victoria pineapple, and goldenberry which gently caress the banana-blossom heart. The sweetness of candy sugar and cotton candy are a real gourmand treat. The woodsy-musky base is enhanced with a Hawaiian sea-salt note

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Day 11 in my Fragrance Project brought me to this summery scent:
The sun was sort of shining today and I'm not quite ready to let Fall creep in, so I grabbed one of my summery Escada minis and figured I'd give it a go...

Today's scent is Escada Pacific Paradise

Fragrantica describes this as: lime, Victoria pineapple, and goldenberry, banana-blossom, candy sugar, cotton candy, and The woodsy-musky base is enhanced with a Hawaiian sea-salt note

I have to be honest, at first dab this gave me a horrible sinus headache...I'm not sure which notes did me in, but I took a sinus pill and all was well. It had a synthetic sunshiney faux tropical feel at first and dried down into a generic floral. I *do* get the Hawaiian sea-salt note, which is the most interesting thing about this fragrance and keeps it from being too "Discount Body spray" smelling on me.

Sillage is moderate, and longevity was decent...I've had it on about 7.5 hours and now all I can smell on my wrists are a sweet musky lightness.

Honestly, I don't find this one to be a keeper. It is too generic, and that sharpness in the beginning will keep me from reaching for it anyway, regardless of dry down.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not smell a banana/lemon-lime combination... maybe they messed up with my bottle *shrug* it's just sweet and kinda fruity.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is nasty...it smells like lime, banana and this stale smell that I have no clue what it is. Idk, this is a weird fragrance and this doesnt work for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Besides Gucci Rush2 it's the only fragrance I ever used up completely. And I think it only took a few months, that's how much I loved it. It's a really sweet fruity scent, the staying power is excellent but I can't imagine wearing this in the winter, for me it was the perfect summery scent. As far as I know they don't make it any more so I'm trying to find a replacement, the other Escada scents are just not that good.
The bottle is really pretty, I love the color combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!!
I only ever see it for sale online, I can never find it in stores (I'm in Canada). I thought this was discontinued??
I love this scent because it's citrus and floral all in one and just amazingly good. This is how I want to smell all of the time. I'm not one for musky scents at all, this is definitely more my style.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by miaroseamarie

I couldn't believe how amazing this smelled. It was deliciously, sweet that I have no words to describe simply how much I loved this perfume. It was actually quite expensive, but its smell manipulated me to buy it - it was the perfume, I swear! >_>

I bought the big bottle and couldn't wait to try it as soon as I got home. And when my mum came in, she decided she liked the smell too... Until I told her the price, haha XP

It smelled of tropical mangoes with a subtle hint of citrus. Ugh, I loved it so much. I wore it every single day and would occasionally spray it in my room to make me feel happy :D

When I went back to purchase another bottle after finishing the first one, they didn't have it anymore and I didn't want to buy anything else. It was quite disappointing.

I definitely would repurchase this, but as previously mentioned, it's quite pricey for something that seems much cheaper. Still on the lookout for something just as good :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by steenbaby7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this smell. It reminds me of being on vacation, and is definitely a perfect summer scent. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 is because of the staying power. I feel like I have to respray at least 2-3 times a day. I haven't worn this since college but I still love it and for the price, it isn't bad compared to other scents on the market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by stls

It's a delicious, fruity fragrance that settles kind of musky.
It lifts my mood and reminds me of holidays...
The draydown saves it from being totally childish, I enjoy using this.
Non- offensive smell, nothing ground-breaking and not exceptionally long-lasting.
If my chanel chance resembles the little black dress, pacific paradice resembles the fluo top. I enjoy having it around just for fun! :)