Philosophy Gingerbread Man 3-1

3.1

on 7/31/2015 6:13:00 AM

Soap scented. Generic. Very disappointed.

on 10/24/2013 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really love the smell of this product. I showered with this and thought it was lovely until my legs started itching beyond belief. I put it away and tried again two weeks later. Same thing. I think it's the sodium laurth sulfate. Not for sure. So, I'm using it as a hand wash now. So sad, really like the smell. Wish it would have worked out.

on 7/12/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love the smell and how it lathers with just a dab :) Does seem to leave you very clean, I just wish the scent would stay on the skin after your shower.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't smell like gingerbread, just strongly of ginger. It is average across the board and falls short in the scent category. With so many choices available, this is not worth the purchase price to me.

on 7/26/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very nice scent, but it doesnt smell like gingerbread at all. Like everyone has already said, its a dead ringer for ginger ale, it has all of the bubbly- fizzy , and light ginger notes. Its not spicy or sweet like gingerbread, but its a neat scent. I do think this scent is entirely too light, even for an ale scent. Philosophy's 3n1s are pricy considering their ingredients are not better or anymore moisturzing than a cheap drugstore body wash. Im taking off ratings because 1) wrong scent with its name, 2) way too light, 3) doesnt give that great of a lather. I have used all of my 3n1s as shampoo just to try it out, and its a mistake! Do not use these on your hair, they are very drying. Maybe if you want to use every once in a while it would be okay if you have normal/oily hair type. To compare, Bath and Body Work's 3n1s are a little bit more moisturzing, have stronger scents, and are not as drying as a shampoo. Neat product, and scent, but not the gingerbread I wanted when I bought it. I was really hoping for the warm spicy gingerbread scent like the reviewer below me but this is VERY ginger ale/champagne like.

on 12/19/2007 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Definitely ginger ale, not gingerbread. In fact it smells exactly like ginger ale, which is a bit disappointing for me. I was hoping for a warm, spicy, gingerbread scent. Only need a little for tons of suds/foam which is nice. Unfortunately it dries out my skin. Seems to have an almost astringent quality to it that is just too harsh for my skin in winter. I've been adding oil to it so I can use it up, but won't repurchase.

This hardly has any gingerbread smell at all, and I'm honestly wondering why it was on Oprah's Favorite Things show. It doesn't stink, but it doesn't smell as good as I had hoped. It is just like all the other Philosophy 3 in 1's.....very foamy and a good cleanser, though. I think my favorite thing about it is the Philosophy poem on the back of the bottle. It's very cute!

UPDATE: Since I've started using this, it smells much better in the shower than it does in the bottle, and I have learned to like it. It smells a lot like Origins Ginger Souffle.

on 10/31/2007 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried four products in the Gingerbread Man line: this, the body lotion, the scrub and the lip balm. Of these only the balm smells like gingerbread - and I hate it. The others all smell the same: spicy citrus - which I love. This is one of my all-time favourite smells and I don't much like ginger, so don't expect much gingeriness here. I'm surprised so many reviewers hate the scent as I thought it was pleasant and hard to dislike.
It lathers a lot, which I don't think is great as it only means it's full of sulphates, but it does make it last.
I will keep re-purchasing this for a long time, along with the scrub.

on 10/18/2007 3:25:00 PM

Really disappointed in this product. :( It smells just like Ginger Ale. *bleh* Which for me does nothing but bring back blah memories since I only ever drink Ginger Ale when I'm sick.

on 7/25/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Okay first of all, how many times is this product listed?! I counted three. So I've posted three of the exact same review and once again:

I used it because it came with my Gingerbread Man suitcase set last holiday season, but I didn't love it. It has a decent spicy, sort of citrusy scent which was great for fall, but that's about as far as it goes. It's a bit drying and one of those scents that I don't find myself reaching for again and again, so it was a one-shot deal.