November 27, 2014 | 1467 users online

Styling Products - Kusco-Murphy - Rockster Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Public_enmy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot live without this stuff!
I have fine straight hair, and it gives me tons of texture and volume.
I put it in my towel-dried hair before I blow dry. The patchouli scent doesn't last long, but I don't mind it.
What is annoying is that the white plastic lid ends up cracking,and breaking. I transfer the product into a different bottle. Problem solved.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by szack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have fine wavy hair (and lots of it) and this product has been my HG for years (and I try just about everything). Definitely tames flyaways and adds lots of shine. Style holds all day with great volume. I add just a bit to wet hair and then blow dry. I actually like the smell. In any case, it is not strong and goes away pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jgalinski

If you don't mind the scent (I don't, and I really don't notice after a minute or two, I really don't think it lingers) it's great on curly/frizzy hair. I put some in when wet or dry and it takes out the frizz and defines the curl and gives it a bit of volume. Some prodcuts that take out the frizz leave me greasy but this didn't. I only use the smallest amount also, and it lasts a long time. It's a must have for me. Hate the glass jar, would love it in something more portable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review for my husband who seems to adore this product. I originally received it in a swap, but it didn't work for my long, loosely curled hair. When DH was in need of a new gel, I offered it to him. He loves the consistency and for some reason, the patchouli scent actually smells nice on him. I'm sure that once he's finished with the original container, we'll repurchase. Rockster offers him great hold (but it's not overly stiff or crunchy) and it seems to actually condition his fine, straight/wavy hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. I purchased this and couldn't even bring myself to use it because the smell was so revolting, and something I did not want people smelling on me. I sold it on eBay right away!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2003 11:57:00 PM More reviews by raycee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The consistency of this product was a bit scary at first and the smell was incredibly gross (it actually doesn't smell too bad after it dries in your hair.). Rockster actually manages to hold my style for a few hours, but I've found that it leaves me with flat greasy looking hair by the end of a long day. I use this for my shorter excursions like when I plan to go out to the club or to dinner with the hubby.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 4:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on my lunch break when I was working one day over the summer. Before I punched back in, I went to the bathroom and applied some to my hair. I went back to work and about five minutes later realized I was enveloped in a strong, stinking cloud of patchouli! Now, I don't care for patchouli to begin with, but this smell was so strong that my eyes began to water and I started to feel nauseous. I promptly ran back across the street and returned it. After all that, I don't think it did much for my hair, style-wise, anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2003 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sjatlanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When the Beach Hair didn't work, I tried the Rockster. However, this one didn't work for me either. To make matters worse, the packaging is awful because the product basically glues the top shut. Maybe it works others, but not for me! So far, I've struck out with all the Kusco-Murphy products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a cool product! It adds volume, a bit of texture and some hold to my very fine hair. It's great when I want a tousled look, and I only need a little bit of product. I wish it had no scent, but the patchouli (which I generally hate) is light enough that it hardly bothers me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2002 2:37:00 PM More reviews by teenysquirrel

i just love the fragrance! whenever i use it, people keep telling me how i smell great. even my roommate ended up getting one 'cause she's allergic to perfumes. i think kusco murphy's beach hair gives me better messier bedhead so i struggle everyday which one to use. the only thing that happened that was so weird is, one day mold started growing on it. so i had to toss it out. alas, so now i have to go and buy 'nother one. this is like my 3rd one buying and this didn't happen before. hmmmmm~