Hard Candy Jewel Box Eye and Lip Palette

3.0

on 12/23/2006 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift, and I loved it. But now when I look at it, the eyeshadows don't last long at all. They're the cutest colors, but they don't last. The glosses? Adorable colors, but were too sticky and ran out quickly. Also, like the last reviewer, globs of gloss stuck on the mirror. Although this product looks cool, it doesn't make you feel cool. (if that makes any sense?!?!)

I'm rather conflicted about this product. Oh, I'll just come out and say it-it's crap. The lip glosses are AWFUL. The colors and glitter are pretty, but they only last for an hour, and then make your lips very sticky. And the glitter in "Oxygen" is super-gritty. And on top of it, the colors are all too sheer.
The eyeshadows are good for the most part, though. My only problem with them is that the "Eye Candy" ones don't last as long as the "Old Skool" quartet. My favorite out of all the shadows is the "Old Skool" liner; a dark brown with gold glitter.
As for the packaging, I liked it...at first. But the mirror CONSTANTLY got covered with little gobs of gloss and eyeshadow dust. And after a little while, the compact wouldn't close properly, and it finally broke apart when I dropped it a few days ago. But I'm glad I got this palette as a gift, because I didn't have to spend any money on this piece of crud.

on 12/18/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used to really love this palette, but now I don't use it much.
While this makeup is certainly better than most of what you'd find at a drugstore, it's nothing amazing. The eyeshadows are seriously lacking in pigment (if you want fun, glimmery colors that actually show up, try Urban Decay or Too Faced instead) and the glosses are tacky and dry out my lips. Although, you get so little lip gloss in this, you probably won't get the chance to notice that tackiness before you run out...

That said, it is an adorable little palette, and the colors are well chosen. I have found that the brown shades are actually more pigmented than their more colorful counterparts, and the matte taupe has been a re-discovered staple of mine for a week now. And, well, sheer eyeshadows can be a good thing, sometimes, if that's the look you're going for.

So, if you've already been seduced by the cute packaging and lovely color palette, go for it. It's a fairly universal selection, and if you have found satisfaction with any Hard Candy product, you'll probably like this. Even now, I find myself reaching for it from time to time; plus, it fits so nicely in my purse! continued >>

on 12/1/2005 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You really can't beat this for the price. I bought this for the eye shadows. You get a mini Old Skool quad ($28 full size) plus 4 mini Eye Candy shadows ($12.50 each full size). I have so many eye shadows that there's no way I need to pay for the full size versions to be happy. This will still last me forever! The lip gloss are cute too but the amount of product you get is pretty minimal. I can't see any of the colors lasting more than 5 uses each. But that's ok, because I bought it for the eye shadow. Very cute, handy palette. Love love love it. It's $18 - how could anyone complain?

Popular Palettes