November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Game changer for me Why did I wait so long to try this? Turns almost any polish into a long wearing, chip resistant one. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must have product if you do your own manicure. I get zero staining and peeling when I use this base coat. I remove my polish with pure acetone and my nails feel healthy and are strong and hard, thanks to this product. When I don't use this base coat, over time nail polish starts to make my nails peel. A no brainer! Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Hogwartshonorstudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's official, I'm in love! I've found my basecoat soulmate, and it is the Orly Bonder. I had been hesitant to buy this since a) it has mixed reviews, where some say it stains and peels easily, and b) it is $19.95 in Australia. I'm so glad I caved tough, it is really helping my polish last (I'm lucky to get 2 days wear with any other combo I do). It goes on smooth and dries almost instantly, and then allows polish to go on top so smoothly and straight away. I have even using Seche Vite as my top coat with this for reference. If your polish chips easily and you think you've tried all else, do yourself a favour and try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by rguffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ez to open rubber top. Not a strong scent. Price is great for the value and life of the polish.
most importantly! It keeps my nail art looking as great on day #1 as it does by day 5, 6, 7... !!!
used this before and came back to it 4 manis and pedis ago
ty orly for making such a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by PrincessPilar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best base coat ever. If you want your manicure to last a week, you need to use this under it!!! I have used it with different brands of nail polish and I easily get at least 5 days' wear. I even used it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (for which I posted a bad review since it chipped in 48 hours!) and it has surpassed my expectations.... Not a single chip all week!!! I will not use any other base coat and I'm looking into the Orly polishes as well. The HG base coat in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by kearro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although it claims "It prevents nail lacquer from wearing off for up to two weeks" I have not found that to be true in my experience. However, I am very neglectful of my hands and nails - it certainly does seem to do a better job than other basecoats I have used in the past. At $8.00 CAN for 18 ml it seemed like a good value. I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading several reviews online and let me tell you, I am glad that I did! I have a tendency to do things that are not conducive to nail polish longevity like gardening, crafting, refinishing furniture, typing, petting my dobermans, etc. and I can't usually keep a manicure longer than a day before chipping. Luckily, I discovered this product and it has helped maintain a chip-free polish job much longer! The polish looks sort of beige-y in the bottle but is completely clear and adheres well to a bare nail that is clean and unbuffed. I like to clean my nails with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover after washing my hands to make sure there isn't any residue from lotion or soap on my nails. I usually apply 2 thin coats of Orly Bonder, letting dry in between, and then do 1-2 coats of my nail polish color, depending on the color payoff I want, then set with a clear topcoat (thin coats and letting each dry in between). The bonder label says "rubberized basecoat" and it really does have a rubbery, grippy feel to it so that you can feel your color polish adhere to it. This has been a great product for keeping my nail polish around for longer, and it works wonders on a pedicure since toenail polish typically lasts much longer to begin with! I would recommend this to anyone who paints their nails at home on a regular basis, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the BEST basecoat out there. I have been using this for years and years and nothing else comes close to how well this works. I keep trying new things but nope. This will keep the polish on the nail for a week or more without chipping. It adheres any polish and also seems to help with streaky nail polishes.

Great stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot live without this product. I will NEVER do my nails without it. Makes my manicure last longer than when I get it done professionally. A MUST HAVE.

I buy it at Sally's and it lasts a long time. I think it's $7 or $8.