July 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Tree Hut - Coconut Lime Shea Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite body moisturizer in the whole wide world. I tend to get itchy dry skin on my body, even in summer - a generous dollop of this on every body part prevents that, although it does take more product than you might expect. Love the clean, beachy smell - not too strong, not too sharp, not too sweet; just the right mix of suntan oil coconut scent and cool lime. It's not sticky as long as I don't use too much - sometimes I even use it as a hand cream. The only thing it doesn't work for is feet, but I've never found any cream/lotion/oil that does any good there anyway. I'm curious to try the lotion version to see if it's as effective, but less messy - scooping the body butter out of the tub invariably gets it under my fingernails.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

My favorite body moisturizer, particularly for the price (~US$2 @ Walmart). It's a nice blend between suntan oil coconut and not-too-astringent lime - not a foody scent, but a very beachy, tropical one. The texture is quite pliant, not hard to scoop out of the pot like some body butters, but it's definitely a body butter and not just a thick lotion. It's very moisturizing, although not any kind of a miracle product or anything, and if I apply it to damp skin and massage it in well, it doesn't leave much greasy/sticky residue. Great for enhancing the sheen of freshly-shaved legs, and feels heavenly on dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I love most of Tree Hut's body butters. They all have a pleasant scent and moisturize well. The only issue I have with the body butter is it's **sometimes** textured funny. I think it depends how long it's been in the store. Sometimes it's smooth and creamy and absorbs well into my skin, and then other times it's waxy and thick and feels like I'm rubbing a crayon over my skin. So, while this is usually a good product, it can be inconsistent in quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Katillac

I really like this product!! Yes, it initially goes on a little greasy, but I find that it absorbs into the skin very quickly! I also love that a little goes a long way. I don't use this every day, but only when I want to pamper my skin. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This doesn't sink into my skin and instead leaves me a greasy mess. I'm sticky for hours after applying this. The scent is pleasant at first but it really lingers! After a while it becomes too sickly for me. SO used this once and he said that his coworkers kept making comments about his girly perfume, so I guess that others can smell this from afar. Not a repurchase for me but I gave it 2 out of 5 because if I had patches irmc really dry skin (like on my feet) then this product is what I would reach for first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

I dont know the shea butter is too greasy. Its like putting on vaseline. It takes a really long time to be absorbed. I love the way the Coconut lime smells at first but then it starts to smell funky on me. So this Shea butter is just ok I would give it 2.5 lippies .... After using for a while I am very pleased with how moisturized my skin is the next day. With this shea butter my skin does not dry out for days so I am now rating this product higher.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by PressingQuestions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product! I first got this in tahitian grass, but i dislike that scent. I liked the product so much that I went out and bought it in coconut lime.

The formula is fantastic. I use it every time after I shave my legs. It sinks in wonderfully on wet skin, though it can feel heavy/sticky on dry skin. I like that shea butter is listed toward the top of the ingredient list (3rd I think). I can really tell the difference between this and other body butters that only have a negligible amount of shea butter, since I LOVE pure shea butter.

I don't like the tub packaging because it's unhygienic, but I'm not a germophobe, so it doesn't prevent me from loving it. I make sure to only dip into it when I've just showered or after washing my hands.

The scent is very tropical and I like it SO much better than BBW's coconut lime verbena fragrance. I bought it in the spring, and I may get tired of it by winter time, but this will definitely be a summer staple. It is somewhat strong, but I find it to be less strong than BBW products.

The consistency of this body butter is perfect for me. I like it as much or more than much more expensive lotions and creams that I've tried (including Kiehl's Creme de Corps and Bliss body butter).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell was horrendous and like all of these products- strongly smelled. Tree hut is one of my HG products and I use the butter a good four times a week but this one no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin, and it's even worse now that the cold weather is here. I am loving this body butter, it moisturizes and nourishes much better than any other body butter that I have ever tried. The scent can be a little overwhelming for some, but I don't mind it. I also love how I don't need to constantly reapply this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I love the scent and it makes my incredibly soft. I've seen others who don't like the smell but it comes other scents. Find one you like and you won't believe your skin.