Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier2

on 11/15/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this by chance since it's now discontinued. The notes are simple amber, vanilla, and musk, but it smells interesting. I get a lot of warmth and coziness in this fragrance. It's inviting and definitely a "snuggler" type. Some people will say it's like burnt sugar, pumpkin spice, bubble gum, or a sweet vanilla. I don't get any of that. The top notes are very Gaultier since that's his signature, and the the amber comes in. It has an intensity that stays close to the skin (or at least that I can tell). Then it mellows out into a musky vanilla. Since this is linear it doesn't go through leaps and bounds changing notes, but it is a gem that was lost in the fragrance industry. With thousands being made every year we're bound to lose a few overlooked perfumes. You can still find Gaultier 2 at a good price. I paid about $40 online with a discount for 4 oz. The perfumer is Francis Kurkdjian and I'm a fan of many of his perfumes (Narciso Rodriguez for her, Elie Saab, Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance).

on 11/13/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is one of my top 3 fragrances of all times. Being not much into floral nor citrusy scents, I feel like Gaultier2 is EXACTLY right for me. I would not dare to wear it with a light summer dress. For me, it's a winter fragrance, very prominent, unique, urban, bold. Nothing light nor too casual. It's a unisex perfume and yet it makes me feel more feminine and sexy than any floral sweet scent :)
Many women either hate it or LOVE it. Just give it a try ;)

on 2/23/2014 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

tried this for the first time several years ago and was pleasantly surprised because in contrast to the vast majority of scents available in stores today that are all the same and remind of at least 5 other scents, this was is different and has this touch of a 'classic French perfume' if you know what I mean-something that sounds expensive even if you don't think it's your thing:)

I tried it on my wrist and found a bit cloying so forgot about it for quite a while... recently, i tried a sample again and same story-the opening mesmerizes me but, then, the drydown is pleasant but not that special anymore and to my nose is a little bit similar to the drydown of Classique... truth be told, if i received this as a gift, would be happy to wear it now and then, but other than that, not that impressed beyong the opening notes...

on 1/31/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I found this in my drawer when I ran out of my usual daily scent. I wasn't too keen on it a few years ago, not fond of the packaging, and it wasn't my fave scent (I was a bit picky then) but now, it's definitely in my top 5! You get a sharp note of tobacco right away that catches your attention, like a pipe before lighting, then (on me at least) it mellows to a nice warm amber/vanilla mix that lasts nearly all day. Absolutely love this one! Sorry I waited so long to appreciate it!

on 12/4/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've had this scent for three years but I never reached to it. I thought that it is an ok fragrance, but maybe a little boring and generic. Well, yesterday I thought to give it a chance and I was really surprised! What a lovely warm aroma. Not boring at all! Just perfect for cold winter days. And perfect for Christmas. This is very comforting scent. Soft and sexy. I'm not good at describing the different notes of this scent but I think this is a masterpiece. It really reveals new sides to you. I recognize tobacco and vanilla in it. Oh my, this is my new winter favourite and I higly recommend this to everyone who wants a warm, sexy and comforting scent for winter.

on 10/10/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance is a little odd. It is very simple (amber, musk, vanilla) and to me it smells like a base of a perfume without top and middle notes. It is very pleasant and warm although to me a tad too sweet. It doesn’t develop at all and stays around for quite long. Gaultier2 is marketed as a unisex and sold in two bottles that attach to each other with magnets – an unnecessary innovation in my opinion, although each bottle is just 1.2 oz and quite small and handy to carry around. I like this fragrance but I don’t love it - I think I would like it much more if there was a hint of spice in it. But, since it is so simple I find it good for layering with lighter or spicier fragrances and there are also days when this warm simple thing is exactly what I need.

on 4/16/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I adore JPG the designer, but Classique always gave me instant headache. Found this at Winners for practically nothing. Amber, musk and tobacco are in my top 5, so I nervously grabbed it unsniffed. Sprayed it on the back of my hand on the subway platform to get it over with...instant love. A smoky, sparkly blend of amber, vanilla and beautiful threads of golden tobacco, with an interesting pop of the powder on a stick of bubblegum. Created as a completely linear fragrance to be shared by m/f, it's sweet and gorgeous in its simplicity. I find the magnetic bottles a slightly annoying novelty - who cares when you love the juice?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this fragance, I have the limited edition 'sweeter' version. It is really sweet, and warm, like falling in love when you're drunk. It's described by jean paul as 'sensual', and it really does give off that scent. It stays a long time as well.

on 1/12/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this scent. but its very potent so overdoing it will probably make you ill. i got a little spray happy at ulta with this since i havent seen it in a few years and i ended up overdoing it and giving myself a headache all day. i actually prefer this scent on men since i had a friend in highschool who wore this and it was, without a doubt, alluring on him.

on 7/15/2009 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Rootbeer, wood and vanilla. I rather love this one. It is probably best suited for cooler weather, as it's warm and a touch heavy, but I really really like it. Must get some soon.

Popular Fragrances