August 1, 2014 | 1013 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Gaultier2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

tried this for the first time several years ago and was pleasantly surprised because in contrast to the vast majority of scents available in stores today that are all the same and remind of at least 5 other scents, this was is different and has this touch of a 'classic French perfume' if you know what I mean-something that sounds expensive even if you don't think it's your thing:)

I tried it on my wrist and found a bit cloying so forgot about it for quite a while... recently, i tried a sample again and same story-the opening mesmerizes me but, then, the drydown is pleasant but not that special anymore and to my nose is a little bit similar to the drydown of Classique... truth be told, if i received this as a gift, would be happy to wear it now and then, but other than that, not that impressed beyong the opening notes...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this in my drawer when I ran out of my usual daily scent. I wasn't too keen on it a few years ago, not fond of the packaging, and it wasn't my fave scent (I was a bit picky then) but now, it's definitely in my top 5! You get a sharp note of tobacco right away that catches your attention, like a pipe before lighting, then (on me at least) it mellows to a nice warm amber/vanilla mix that lasts nearly all day. Absolutely love this one! Sorry I waited so long to appreciate it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by maritta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this scent for three years but I never reached to it. I thought that it is an ok fragrance, but maybe a little boring and generic. Well, yesterday I thought to give it a chance and I was really surprised! What a lovely warm aroma. Not boring at all! Just perfect for cold winter days. And perfect for Christmas. This is very comforting scent. Soft and sexy. I'm not good at describing the different notes of this scent but I think this is a masterpiece. It really reveals new sides to you. I recognize tobacco and vanilla in it. Oh my, this is my new winter favourite and I higly recommend this to everyone who wants a warm, sexy and comforting scent for winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by maggiequinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is a little odd. It is very simple (amber, musk, vanilla) and to me it smells like a base of a perfume without top and middle notes. It is very pleasant and warm although to me a tad too sweet. It doesn’t develop at all and stays around for quite long. Gaultier2 is marketed as a unisex and sold in two bottles that attach to each other with magnets – an unnecessary innovation in my opinion, although each bottle is just 1.2 oz and quite small and handy to carry around. I like this fragrance but I don’t love it - I think I would like it much more if there was a hint of spice in it. But, since it is so simple I find it good for layering with lighter or spicier fragrances and there are also days when this warm simple thing is exactly what I need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore JPG the designer, but Classique always gave me instant headache. Found this at Winners for practically nothing. Amber, musk and tobacco are in my top 5, so I nervously grabbed it unsniffed. Sprayed it on the back of my hand on the subway platform to get it over with...instant love. A smoky, sparkly blend of amber, vanilla and beautiful threads of golden tobacco, with an interesting pop of the powder on a stick of bubblegum. Created as a completely linear fragrance to be shared by m/f, it's sweet and gorgeous in its simplicity. I find the magnetic bottles a slightly annoying novelty - who cares when you love the juice?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this fragance, I have the limited edition 'sweeter' version. It is really sweet, and warm, like falling in love when you're drunk. It's described by jean paul as 'sensual', and it really does give off that scent. It stays a long time as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this scent. but its very potent so overdoing it will probably make you ill. i got a little spray happy at ulta with this since i havent seen it in a few years and i ended up overdoing it and giving myself a headache all day. i actually prefer this scent on men since i had a friend in highschool who wore this and it was, without a doubt, alluring on him.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Rootbeer, wood and vanilla. I rather love this one. It is probably best suited for cooler weather, as it's warm and a touch heavy, but I really really like it. Must get some soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This turns into a very soft, powdery scent on me. It has a underlying strong element to it however. I like to spray this over a coconut scented lotion for a beachy, summer scent that is both light and heavy at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a fabulous fragrance! I know that this is unisex and men absolutely love the scent especially on themselves, however, I find that the fragrance is more suitable for a woman as I perceive this to be more on the feminine side ....... with that being said, I love this. My body chemistry does better with sweeter fragrances which this is, but yet has more of a sexier side ..... I also noted that this is pleasing to both males and females as whenever I wear it, I note that people get in closer and are more talkative. Sadly, this was discontinued, but luckily I received 2 bottles recently.