December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Skincare - Body - Crisco for Hair and Body

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here, I used Crisco to make my own body scrub (1 part crisco, 1 part olive oil plus a little more for consistency, sugar, essential oil). I use it at the end of my shower, rinse, then towel off. This works better than any moisturizing lotions or body butters I own!

I've tried Crisco as a body cream but it is so thick on its own. Now I'm trying to cut it with coconut oil, to see if that can lighten the texture a little. But even if that doesn't work, I'll keep using it! I melt it, add a few drops of essential oil, then put it in a small jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING as a hair moisturizer and heat protectant. I use very little, applying from ends up, and it leaves my hair soft, smooth, and lustrous. It adds a beautiful shine without looking greasy (I use only a small amount!). It also helps my pressed hair stay straight in humidity. Awesome stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i might be the only one here that cannot use this. not only does it smell funky, but it just sits on top of my face and not sink in

on the face: i get whiteheads, blackheads the very next day. i stopped using it for months, then tried again. same thing...takes a while to recover

on the body: way too oily and does not absorb well, greasy yet not hydrating enough

best on cracked feet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love crisco! Sure it's weird using a baking product on your body , but everyone is into
"Natural" skin care so whatever. I apply crisco after I dry myself after a shower and it keeps my skin soft and supple. I don't use it on my face (cos I only put sunscreen on it, but that's another story) so I don't know if it would cause any breakouts.

Bottom line is: this stuff is cheap and last for months. I bought the wrapped sticks which was silly cos they have horrible packaging, so i tranferred the crisco into a glass jar. Convenient to use. Crisco also doesn't leave an oily residue like baby oil, which I also use, so that's nice if I'm going straight to bed.

Bonus TMI time: Crisco is actually good for your vulva, or so I've seen in medical articles online (look it up!). Keeps the skin down there soft at least ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super impressed that this works so well. I don't think i'll ever be brave enough to put it on my face, but it does wonders for the rest of my body. I made a lip balm out of crisco and kool aid and I have soft supple lips. Before I started making crisco lip balm that was never possible. This recipe also helps me save money since kool aid and crisco are super inexpensive. I would highly reccomend this as a lip balm or body butter (but beware, a little goes a long way).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by motormomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT i have sensitive skin and have used Crisco for over 1 year. my skin looks great and is smooth even in winter. I use it at night also on my feet and heels. for $3.59 its worth the money. My husband laughs at me when he sees the label so I put it in a pretty antique jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Crisco on my feet last night and then slept in socks. I had more improvement in the texture of the skin on my feet from Crisco than anything I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Dontwannausername

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin all over: under-the care of three-different-departments (dermatology, rheumatology and gynecology) of the State-Medical-University-type sensitive skin. I discovered this stuff as a skin cream by accident. I was ina hurry in the kitchen and rubbed some into my dermatitis covered hand. A few minutes later I noticed the redness was gone.

To make a long story short, all of my doctors say its perfectly fine to use, and I have the softest healthiest skin I have ever had. I use vanicream bar cleanser and this and I am comfortable in my own skin for the first in a long time.

It's great for cracked heels, rough elbows and as a make-up remover: and it's far better than anything else I have bought, and goodness knows; cheaper than dirt. On me it absorbs real quickly: I smear it on after a shower.

I bought a nice vintage crystal covered jar at the Salvation Army and keep it in there, so I don't have the big tub in the bathroom.

Love this stuff - wish I had discovered it long ago.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by 4csnar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought about trying Crisco until reading reviews. I purchased a small can today and will update you on it once I mix it up with coconut oil, shea butter and lavender oil. Definitely interested it trying it. In the infamous words of Minnie from the movie the help "Crisco, ainít just for frying. You ever get a sticky something stuck in your hair, like gum? Thatís right, Crisco. Spread this on a babyís bottom, you wonít even know what diaper rash is. Shoot, I seen ladies rub it under they eyes and on they husbandís scaly feet. And after all that it will still fry your chicken.Ē So I am going to try and let you know.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappointed that this did not work well for me.

Yes, it does seem to moisturize a bit and it feels nice and is silky and I like that it is un-scented and I can add EO's; but it really just sits on top of my skin.

It seemed to leave my skin more dehydrated looking after it 'absorbs' and I found it slightly irritating to my skin too.

I've used petroleum jelly on my face and body for a while now and feel it is a 'cleaner' feeling moisture and with the petroleum jelly (Vaseline) I only need a tiny bit and I'm set for days. With the Crisco needed tons and then if I would wash my hands my hands would be instantly dry again.

I even tried exfoliating with sugar and soap and then using the Crisco and still it just sat there and made my skin feel more and more dehydrated. Finally I looked at my arms and they looked like 100 year old arms! And I put the Crisco away in the back of my cabinet in the disgraced products pile.

I'm glad it works for a lot of people and frankly I'm jealous because it would be so cool to have a giant tub of white un-scented goo to rub on after a bath... if only it did something.