October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - icon palette

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Tasneemn

I fall in love with this pallete, the colors, quality the brush...everything! I use it also as eyeliner. I love blending colors and creating different looks for everyday, work, nights. I purchased the hazel eyes pallete which have an amazing colors too. I apply it after smashbox eye lid primer so it can hold 10+ hours even with my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by shushkin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to the idea of all the lovely different colours in a compact that I could use as either eyeliner and eyeshadow. The little brush is great for applying the colour as eyeliner. Lovely and soft. I suspect that these colours will last a while although it is very soft in consistancy and you could easily scoop out a lump with your finger tips. The intensity of colour is good though.
The only gripe is that it does not stay around long on my Laura Geller eye primed lids which is very disappointing. I tested it not long after application and it still smudges so it does not set properly as they tell you on the QVC demo's. I tried it on foundation only skin and still the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2005 7:10:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a definate repurchase from me if i ever run out! the shades are gorgeous as described below, esp the sparkly raspberry shade and the turquoise - gorg for summer and nights out! i find it difficult to apply eyeliner to the upper lid with a pencil and to get a straight line. this cream liner and brush make it so much easier. i just gently press the brush along the lash line and "walk" it along (as seen on a qvc demo!!!) and voila gorgoeus enhanced eyes. i also love that i can experiment with colours i might not have tried thanks to the palette. i dont really have a problem with them smudging but it does fade slightly. i would recommend these as well as the proof palette.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Smashbox creme liners were one of the first I ever tried after pencils. It was right when i started to love makeup and started really working on my application techniques. This is absolutely one of the easiest ways to do eyeliners. Smashbox creme eyeliners apply effortlessly with their liner brush. The formula is pigmented and easy to blend and looks like a professional applied it. I really liked this product till gel formulas started coming out and then I switched. The problem with the Smashbox is that these do smear on my very oily lids. i have to wear them with a sealant (Benefit shelaq) otherwise they are everywhere. Other than that, the colors are great. The Icon palette consists of 10 very wearable shades. Your get a shimmery burgandy(sharp), shimmery gold (khaki). true teal(blur), matte light olive green(crop), and a navy(view). The second row is standard black (caviar, great shade to mix with too), shimmery olive green (image), medium shimmery purple(edge), medium toned camel brown(process) and a shimmery taupey brown(charcoal). All the colors are very wearable and easy to apply. The black compact is basically the size of a credit card, like the TM tiny cards. It has a mirror and a small stiff applicator that really works well. I still prefer the full size brush, but this one is great when you are out. OVerall, a great way to try Smashbox creme liners for $29 and 10 shades that will last quite a while. My only gripe is that I know this smudges on me, I wont repurchase this. I think this would work amazingly though for someone with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I adore the new colours in this palette - who knew I could look so darn good in turquoise liner?!

The only colour I don't use over and over again is the royal blue (Sharp).

View, Crop, Blur, and Image are just gorgeous! You get quite a small amount in the pans so I sincerely hope smashbox are going to bring out these colours in the full sizes or duos (I prefer the duos actually - who ever gets to the bottom of those full sizes?!) I wear View the most so far so I can see I am going to run out of that one first.

Since I got this palette I have been wearing fairly neutral eyes - sometimes just a wash of the peach from Heroine or BBs Bone plus a pop of one of these babies and mascara. It's simple but effective - I like to think. (especially with that yummy turquoise!)

I'm looking for the best of palette now!