August 22, 2014 | 1059 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by poochkepoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

pleasantly surprised...

just by chance.....at a local cvs...spied a display of imitation scents..i am very picky and find most drugstore and high end fragrances...repulsive.

imitation offering of 'happy' by clinique...is really good....actually....i like it 'better' than the original...as it is a lighter version....crisp and sweet...

so far? i have purchased 3 bottles for consumption..

such a bargain...not afraid to ..spray...spray...then....spray again!

lucky find...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this InStyle fragrance for Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. I have to say, this is a pretty good dupe. Of course, it doesn't last as long as the real thing. For the price you can't beat it! This version is a bit lighter, maybe a smidge more powdery and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by divatoo

I'm a loyal Instyle fragrance junky, they're amazing, I just bought Alien and got a 3 bottle kit for free! Marc Jacobs Daisy, Light Blue, emmmmn! and Cashmere Mist my Mom likes it. Small bottle fits into bag. Walgreens has a fragrance bar where I can smell the one's I don't have and the price is right, look for specials. I can't think about spending $65 on a fragrance what a waste. I have to say this IS worth it. They use to have body mists- those were much lighter but still good. Walgreens doesn't have good body mists, my girlfriend wear Sexy- something and it's really bad and the bottle leaked all over her car. STINKY!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ellieenri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Viva La Juicy and it does smell like the same thing but does not last long. There was something romantic and comforting when it dried down... Something nostalgic.
Of course everyone's body chemistry is different so it might be too harsh. It's cheap and it does have that weird old lady smell but only when it's super duper gone... I would just wash it off lol.
Also, It lasted 2 hrs.
Packing was ugly. I'm ashamed to spray in public lol

But buy one get one free at Walgreens, can't beat that if you're on a budget..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pinupgirl1949

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have gotten a few Instyle perfumes from Walgreens.I have tried their version of Opium,White diamonds,Tresor,White Linen and Chance.The only one i did not like so much was Chance,It did not really smell like the real one to me.My favorite was Tresor.I can't always wear the Lancome Tresor because it is so strong!The Instyle version is much less offensive!Smells like the real one,only better!Most of the versions of Instyle are very similiar to the original,just maybe a little weaker which can be a good thing at times.They seem to last a long time too,just not so overpowering to clear a room :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For an impulse, drugstore purchase, I am so pleasantly surprised!

At my local Walgreen's they have a little fragrance "bar" of this brand, In Style. I had never heard of it or seen it anywhere else. My Walgreen's has about 8-10 different scents at any given time and they add new ones every few months or so. I know I have smelled the original, DKNY Be Delicious before, but I had forgotten how much I like it. This is very fresh, bright and very balanced. It reminds me of springtime but I wear it year round. The last time I was at a department store, I saw the original Be Delicious tester and put some on. The In Style version is pretttty close and I like it a little better because it goes on a "lighter."

The In Style line of scents is a modern reincarnation of Designer Impostors of my youth but all grown up. There are classics like Chanel No 5 and Poison but newer scents too, like Marc Jacobs Daisy, Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb and Gucci Guilty. This is an EDT, not a body spray, and a 3.5 oz bottle is only $12!! For fragrance, that's insane!!! It doesn't last as long as the real thing but for the price, I don't mind reapplying if I have to. This is a very nice scent and an amazing price so I will definitely repurchase this and other versions of In Style fragrance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I am in utter shock....my signature perfume is Alien by Thierry Mugler. I know it's not for everyone but I love it and it is like love potion number 99 to my husband (which I find QUITE amusing). In a side by side test, comparing depth, lasting power etc....this Instyle version could fool anyone! Alien is not an everyday perfume because it is a real power house. The Instyle version smells EXACTLY the same but I would call it a light version like an edt vs. an edp. So this one allows me to wear the Alien I love so dear daily without the heaviness and expense and save my real bottle for special occasions! Yay! As a side note, they have slashed the price at my local Walgreens for Alien to 6 bucks...I bought them out! I could wear any perfume I wanted at any expense I wanted but Momma didn't raise no fool...and good luck trying to fool people these aren't the real deal.

Edit: I have since purchased Angel, Tresor and Flowerbomb ( for my daughter) and I continue to be impressed. I also have noticed that you gets a longer lasting effect if you spray some on your shirt. It washes out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by keekee713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

A few months back I found a bottle of the instyle fragrance on the back shelf at Walgreens for $1.97 in there impression of Juicy Couture in Couture Couture & figured why not. I have no idea what the real Couture Couture smells like, but I love this one! I can't pinpoint the scent, but it smells lovely, like some type of flower but not an over kill. I only used 2 quick sprits & after hours of shopping & being outside its still fresh. This has lasted longer then any other scent I own. I would deff buy in other scents if I were to find some I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hey guys, my review is for "Angel" from Perfect Scents which is the same thing as Instyle Fragrance. These were on clearance at the local Rite Aid for $4.49 down from $9.99. I decided to give Angel a go since I like Thierry Mugler's Angel, but find that real Angel is a power bomb that cannot be worn in most social settings due to how shockingly overly powerful it is. This impression scent is pretty much spot on for Angel. It smells like a subdued, more people-friendly Angel. Honestly, I almost like it more because I can wear it to the office without making my coworkers want to hose me down (think the Sex Panther scene from Anchor Man) and at a fraction of the cost. It lasts quite a few hours, projects a good foot or two, and smells quite close to the original.

I also tried InStyle's new designer mist for Miss Dior Cherie that was SPOT ON for the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie (which I own). I'm still sniffing my wrist in awe of how good this mist is at replicating the scent of the original. I can't speak for the longevity comparison (the real MDC lasts for 12+ hrs), but this is a cheap body mist for $6 that you can go nuts with and respray. The real Miss Dior Cherie costs quite a bit more.

Overall, I am very, very impressed with these knock-off fragrances. I will be sampling more in the future to compare to the real versions, many of which I own:

Dior Miss Dior Cherie: A+ scent replica
Thierry Mugler Angel: B+ scent replica, A+ for toning down a sillage beast
Chanel Chance: C+, didn't smell nearly as powerful as the real thing
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy: F, didn't smell like Viva la Juicy at all to me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got back tonight from Walgreens and was able to sample quite a few of these fragrances. I sprayed them all on both arms and an hour or so later I can tell you that the standout for me is the Flowerbomb. It is so close to the original it is in my opinion ridiculous to spend the extra money before trying this version first. I have owned the original so I can tell you this version smells exactly like it on me. At first spray all I get is the sweetness and some of the slight spice. Then it mellows more into the floral all while retaining that sweetness until the drydown. So far it has been very smooth smelling, not at all what I expected a copy to be, none of that "cheap" chemical smell sometimes you get with the impressions.
I also tried their version of Chance Eau Tendre and unfortunately its a miss for me. Same with Dior J'adore. I think this line might have a challenge with florals. The florals on me go from smelling similar to the originals to cheap laundry dryer sheets over time.
The DG Light Blue impression smelled great, as did the Gucci Guilty one and Chanel Bleu de Chanel one. However, I don't own the originals so I couldn't tell you nuances. Overall impressed though. Would love to pick up more if they go on sale!