Giorgio Armani Black Code

4.6

on 4/30/2015 3:54:00 PM

I'm a woman and I love this fragrance... On ME! Better than the women's version. It's not any more masculine than a classic women's leathery chypre (Aromatics Elixir, P. Picasso, Jovan Woman), while providing a lightened, modern take on those classics. No indolic florals or heavy patchouli here, just a gorgeous sheer woodsy bergamot with just enough patchouli to give that soapy, loamy "waft" I love to sniff again and again. If there's vanilla in this one, I barely detect it. Overall, Code for Men gives a feeling of smelling a bar of excellent-quality citrus soap inside a black leather motorcycle jacket.
So sexy! Can't get my spouse to wear cologne, but this one might rub off on him, literally, when the moment is right ;)

on 3/23/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This fragrance is NOT for me.

I am 15, I'm not overly masculine, and I find this perfume wayy to heavy for me. It just isn't me - if you get what I mean? Don't get me wrong, I've smelled this on several other guys (much more macho than me), and it smells PERFECT - but it just isn't right. I got it as a gift for Christmas, and I will definitely not repurchase this - I'd rather buy Chanel's Platinium Égoïste, which is more my kind of scent.

The packaging (I have a smaller bottle) is very prone to get fingermarks, as it is high-shine black and metal - which leads to me washing it every day to keep it looking good on my nightstand. But don't get me wrong, I'd definitely recommend you buying this for your bf/husband, especially if they're more of the "handyman" kinda guy. Just not me. x

on 2/26/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this. My husband's worn it for about a year now and it's delicious. I love that it's somehow vanilla scented, without being at all feminine. This one is a keeper.

on 12/29/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this for my Boyfriend for Christmas this year. I got the whole gift set. It's a sensual and sexy scent without being too overpowering. This is the kind of smell that men should smell like. I dislike "Girly" scented colognes on men. I want my man to smell like a man. This one delivers. I love to cuddle with him after he has put this on. It also smells much better on the skin then in the bottle. After it warms up to his body, you can smell the Tonka bean in this. Kind of Vanilla without being a female vanilla. Let's put it this way. He put this on and I pretty much attacked his neck (sniffing him of course...lol)

on 6/3/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the top frags I love on my husband - rich, sensual and just makes me want to snuggle up to him...amongst other things. The notes aren't for every man - I'm pretty sure some would find it too sweet for their tastes. Spray with confidence but only lightly as with every Armani frag, this one is highly potent!

on 3/27/2010 1:53:00 PM

My boyfriend wears this on special occasions and when he does I pretty much want to tackle him! Spicy and Seductive!

on 3/20/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous rich, warm and alluring scent. Not met a single person who hasn't liked it the moment they sniff it!! Mature and sophisticated without being stuffy.

If you are looking for a classy smell for a guy, you've found it :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Bought this for my bf for his birthday last year and he loves it! hes on his 2nd bottle already!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of hubby's favourites. He's had a few lovely scents, B-Men (A-men does horrible things to him, namely brings him out in a rash), and Opium for men being two that he's also loved. Code smells divine on him, though. The main reason he's so taken with it, besides the gorgeous scent, is that he feels it's one of the few that he can wear anywhere from business meetings to a full-on night out.
The packaging is gorgeous on this too.

on 1/29/2010 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

An Armani suit in fragrance form. Classy, refined, dark, elegant, masculine. No, it doesn't rewrite the cologne rulebook; it doesn't do anything particularly different or edgy; it probably won't inspire dumbstruck reactions at first sniff. But what Code does, it does very well. Best suited for night, paired with a sharp wardrobe, neat hair, youthful exuberance, and someone special within a 5-foot radius at all times to take in the gorgeous aroma. This is the first men's fragrance I remember being enthralled by (back when it was called Black Code), and it still works magic today.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel